Wife didn't want me to carry in church so...

Some time ago my wife told me she didn't want me to carry in church and she was adamant about it. I said fine and stopped going to church. [wink] Well, today we had a discussion about my absence and about the fact that she would really like me to start going to church again.

So, guess who is going back to church this Sunday....armed. [smile]

I am an easy going guy and most of the time I give in to my wife's moods. However, when it comes to guns and 2A, there is very little wiggle room on my side for any kind of a compromise. I think she finally realized that.

Nice!!!! My wife never wants me to carry when she or my daughter are around. Basically shed rather end up dead. I ignore her, if I never have to use it she never knows, if I do it saves her life shell be happy.

i've yet to meet a woman, regardless of stance on 2A that objected to me carrying...

in fact, one moonbat fling said something to the effect of "i don't mind YOU having one because you know how to use it" or some crap like that... she did say i could never bring a gun to her house... so she always came to mine... even better [laugh]

this isnt about guns guys...

i've yet to meet a woman, regardless of stance on 2A that objected to me carrying...

in fact, one moonbat fling said something to the effect of "i don't mind YOU having one because you know how to use it" or some crap like that... she did say i could never bring a gun to her house... so she always came to mine... even better [laugh]

this isnt about guns guys...

It's always about guns, but not necessarily about firearms [wink]

Good for you.

I am never sure if my wife knows if I am carrying or if she would care. I just keep it to myself. She is pretty easy going about my guns and if she asked I wouldn't lie, but I don't want to make an issue of it. Besides, it's good concealment practice. If she doesn't notice the sheep certainly won't.

I personally stopped going to church as a teen because I thought it was ridiculous, but to go to church with someone who was trying to tell me to go unarmed . . . no, no, no, and no. You probably dealt with it more calmly than I would have. Glad things worked out.

Some time ago my wife told me she didn't want me to carry in church and she was adamant about it. I said fine and stopped going to church. [wink] Well, today we had a discussion about my absence and about the fact that she would really like me to start going to church again.

So, guess who is going back to church this Sunday....armed. [smile]

I am an easy going guy and most of the time I give in to my wife's moods. However, when it comes to guns and 2A, there is very little wiggle room on my side for any kind of a compromise. I think she finally realized that.

I've never had that problem when I was going to services. I found it funny that a few of the church's ushers also carry, as well as the children's pastor.

It was repealed in the 1990s, but there used to be a law in Mass requiring men attending church services to carry a firearm. The law was instituted during the French-Indian war when it was common for Native American tribes to attack Sunday church services in exchange for payment from the French. (http://www.fff.org/comment/com0902i.asp)

Of course, until someone quoted it in court, MA residents used to be required by law to shoot residents or Rhode Island (which was a penal colony at the time that law was written)

Can't find anything better to do on a Sunday morning than argue about whether or not you're carrying to church? Why not just get hooked on USPSA? You'll have something better to do on Sunday mornings and you won't have the disagreement with your wife.

Luke 22:36 "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

But Honey, God wants YOU to be armed too, see?

I believe the Luke post is a bit more fitting in the context of how a good portion of us have chosen to proactivly live our lives. It also dispells the myth of the wimpy Christian waiting on God.

I'm just bummed that my club doesn't allow shooting on Sundays until 1:00 PM, except for trap.

I'm just bummed that my club doesn't allow shooting on Sundays until 1:00 PM, except for trap.

"Thou must cast aside your club, and abide in HSC."

As true today, as it was, when I typed it
jesus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom