Wierd comment by LaRue, barrel lining "proprietary information"

AKA not milspec by any means.

Larue's stuff works, works great, and his barrels are very accurate. Aside from his marketing hijinks, Mark does a lot to help raise money for 2nd Amendment causes and most recently the battle against the Dems trying to steal this election. Mark IMO is a great American.

AKA not milspec by any means.

Larue's stuff works, works great, and his barrels are very accurate. Aside from his marketing hijinks, Mark does a lot to help raise money for 2nd Amendment causes and most recently the battle against the Dems trying to steal this election. Mark IMO is a great American.

He's gotten pretty political in general on Instagram.

Anything a manufacture can claim as “its special mmkay” is a way to get a few more $$ out of you. Some sort of nitrate , melonite or what ever finish is being called these days.
Seems like good quality steel is harder to get ? I feel like they use “cheaper” steel and try all these after finishes to make up for it?
what do I know....

I don't know, my feeling, is the steel is generally all the same spec but the methods and QC are the difference. A button rifled QPQ can be blasted out reasonably accurate in mass. For about the same $$ a less accurate button rifled chrome lined can be produced. For more $$ they can take a chrome barrel up to the level of QPQ. High QC and careful manufacturing ($$) can continue to be applied to increase accuracy. Outside of that CHF really gets you the most rugged barrel.

If I wanted a 7 twist for sure would've gone Daniel Defense, CHF, chrome, and very accurate.

LaRue makes awesome rifles. Patriot ordinance factory uses something like ion bonding but different also. I wonder how thick it penetrates the metal, some modern processes leave a finish that is about 8 times thicker than chrome lining without playing. Metallurgy has changed drastically in the past 10 years

Back
Top Bottom