• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why you don't go to leftist cities

Yup, I was in B Co./104INF in downtown Greenfield for around 10 yrs, we used to roadmarch right thru downtown Greenfield on the way to training. Kevlars, rucks, weapons, etc. on a Saturday morning during the late 90's. Sadly unit and Armory are no more, Armory should have been listed as a historic building.
Our country now sorely lacks patriotism like that!

Went on this church trip about 10 to 15 years ago to do street corner evangelism in Jersey City NJ. That place was a serious dump and I felt Naked and Afraid without my EDC. The only time I'll step foot in Jersey these days if I happen to be driving through it heading down south to a free state.

Went on this church trip about 10 to 15 years ago to do street corner evangelism in Jersey City NJ. That place was a serious dump and I felt Naked and Afraid without my EDC. The only time I'll step foot in Jersey these days if I happen to be driving through it heading down south to a free state.
I still drive around it.

The Leftist Mayors and idiots who vote for them are getting what they deserve. Citizens are fleeing their cities in droves, crime is skyrocketing, revenues are plunging but the homeless and criminals are thriving. Watch reports on Fox about Portland, businesses are closing and moving, Cops are retiring or quitting and the Mayor has no comment.
On a local level Greenfield Ma. cut the PD budget last year to punish the COP so he eliminated the 3rd shift because of lack of manpower. City Counsel is pissed but COP warned them he has too few officers to man 3rd shift. Staties will assume responsibility's between 3-7am. Actions have consequences.

And if I recall, the chief of police was quite vocal and public with his reasons to close down 3rd shift. He went “straight to the people” with that one. Sadly, more people fleeing to Turner’s Falls and leaving Greenfield behind

I work in Greenfield and Crime just bit the City Counsel in the ASS.
McGovern Chevy car dealership last Thursday NIGHT 3/9/23 had Wheels stolen from brand new vehicles and were sitting up on blocks in the AM.
I drove by it in the morning on my way to work and should have taken a picture.

Another business on main st had front window smashed and dozens of items stolen. No State Police responce for AN HOUR.

We used to go to NJ on a regular basis when our son lived in Edison. Which is not a bad town at all. He worked in Newark, which IS bad.

If you stay out of the cities, NJ is a nice place, especially along the PA border.

When in the south we eat at Waffle House fairly often. Never had a problem, but then again I don't hang out in the middle of the night. Nor is WH anti gun. I've never seen a no guns sign in one, even in states with binding signage.

The WH hate is just more Yankee bigotry against southern culture.

I always drive through upstate NY and PA on my trips south. The only stop in NJ is the length of time necessary to gas up off of I-81 where NY, NJ, and PA meet.

The WH hate is just more Yankee bigotry against southern culture.
OH isnt the South. I just assumed WH was a rural thing, not so much a Southern thing. They seem to have more than their fair share of violent retard conventions so I chose to eat elsewhere.

If you get far enough south in Ohio, it's functionally the south. WH is definitely not a rural thing.

OH isnt the South. I just assumed WH was a rural thing, not so much a Southern thing. They seem to have more than their fair share of violent retard conventions so I chose to eat elsewhere.

If you get far enough south in Ohio, it's functionally the south. WH is definitely not a rural thing.
Just for fun I looked up WH locations. I was likely in Willoughby OH (this was 12 years ago, but its on I-90 so Im guessing that was the one). Just a short distance from Lake Erie which is NOT the South, functionally or otherwise. Looking at the map though it does seem they originated in GA/FL/Carolinas and spread from there. Closest they get to these parts is PA so it for sure isnt something Northerners are typically exposed to.

Anyway, I dont have any bigotry towards the South. TBH, I didnt know WH was a Southern thing. My WH hate comes from countless videos and stories of assaults/robberies/general BS after dark. If Im in strange territory with a naïve sister in tow, why risk becoming the subject of a WorldStar vid when I can just go somewhere else?

Just for fun I looked up WH locations. I was likely in Willoughby OH (this was 12 years ago, but its on I-90 so Im guessing that was the one). Just a short distance from Lake Erie which is NOT the South, functionally or otherwise. Looking at the map though it does seem they originated in GA/FL/Carolinas and spread from there. Closest they get to these parts is PA so it for sure isnt something Northerners are typically exposed to.

Anyway, I dont have any bigotry towards the South. TBH, I didnt know WH was a Southern thing. My WH hate comes from countless videos and stories of assaults/robberies/general BS after dark. If Im in strange territory with a naïve sister in tow, why risk becoming the subject of a WorldStar vid when I can just go somewhere else?

I'll admit up front. I'm a WH guy when i head down to SC a few times a year. I like it on the trips but if I lived down there probably not going a lot.

That said I have seen some pretty strange things in WH. Think of it as the WalMart of the cheap restaurants. All kinds of strange people and employees. Some days high entertainment factor and others days nothing. The food is always going to be hit or miss. I've had some really good food out of WH and some really bad. I don't tend to go to the same ones all the time so maybe location is a deal. We usually stay in an Air BnB so we hit the WH close to where we are staying. Lastly I tends go in the morning for breakfast. No late night runs or stuff like that.

I work in Greenfield and Crime just bit the City Counsel in the ASS.
McGovern Chevy car dealership last Thursday NIGHT 3/9/23 had Wheels stolen from brand new vehicles and were sitting up on blocks in the AM.
I drove by it in the morning on my way to work and should have taken a picture.

Another business on main st had front window smashed and dozens of items stolen. No State Police responce for AN HOUR.
Greenfield was a quirky, cool city in the late 90's/2000's when I was a member of B Co. I remember hitting a few bars in the city in BDU's after drills and no issues, I'm sure now the Leftists who run the city would be appalled with Soldiers in their city.

I don't go to cities, period. I don't like the smell or the people.
Oh. That's "or" - I read it at first as "of" 🦨
[laugh]

I always drive through upstate NY and PA on my trips south. The only stop in NJ is the length of time necessary to gas up off of I-81 where NY, NJ, and PA meet.
I don't even like doing that. (You mean 84? That's Montague, right? Just below Matamoras, PA and Port Jervis, NY?)

Last time in Joisey I had to go to a business meeting in Morristown. On the way back put me not far from Jungle Habitat so - of course I had the bike with me - I stopped for a ride.

Talk about feeling naked - not only no EDC cuz Joisey, I had to take the bear spray off the front of the pack since that's illegal there, too! [thinking]

(And JH has a creep factor all its own, especially if you know the history of the place.)

I think that the majority are more centrist than we think. As are many of the Democrats in office. It's the leadership that is far Left and the way the General Court operates is that you do what the leadership wants or else.

OTOH, when Patrick was the governor, the General Court constrained some of the far left BS he wanted to do. Where the Governor is elected for four years, they're only elected for two. They're smart politicians and usually will front load legislation right after the first of the year because they know that most voters have short memories and will forget whatever they were pissed off about two years ago.

Then there is the "All of the politicians are azzholes. Except my guy, he got my kid a summer job with the DCR, so I'm going to vote for him." dynamic.

And of course even if someone runs as a Republican, the GOPe won't put any money into his or her campaign because they don't think that a Republican can win.

Yes, EVERY City in Ma. is run by Dems. I watched an editorial by the Head of WCVB trashing the GOP for not running any credible candidates in Ma. elections and he actually claimed Ma. voters are centrist Dems. [rofl]

I think that the majority are more centrist than we think. As are many of the Democrats in office. It's the leadership that is far Left and the way the General Court operates is that you do what the leadership wants or else.

OTOH, when Patrick was the governor, the General Court constrained some of the far left BS he wanted to do. Where the Governor is elected for four years, they're only elected for two. They're smart politicians and usually will front load legislation right after the first of the year because they know that most voters have short memories and will forget whatever they were pissed off about two years ago.

Then there is the "All of the politicians are azzholes. Except my guy, he got my kid a summer job with the DCR, so I'm going to vote for him." dynamic.

And of course even if someone runs as a Republican, the GOPe won't put any money into his or her campaign because they don't think that a Republican can win.
Not East of 495 and they control the State. Liawatha and Markey run practically unopposed in this filthy State, Markey's had a job for life thanks to Leftist Dems.

The Donks are VERY, VERY good at building machines: party (loyalty) machines and cheaty machines. Once they establish a foothold of power, they will not relinquish it. That's why I have to chuckle about all the hot air about the Republicans "beating them at their own game" as regards things like fraud-by-mail and ballot harvesting: the ONES COUNTING THE BALLOTS - or disqualifying them - in the places that matter (the Big Dump Cities) are DONKS.

Back
Top Bottom