Why US liberals are now buying guns too - BBC

Certainly more useful than learning how to make PowerPoint slides

Maybe handful will stay "woke" and actually follow through with training, rotating stock, and long-term planning.

Most will be like the millions who decided to start prepping for Y2K in 1999 -- lose interest a few months after the inauguration and their gear will rot in the back of a closet, show up on the used market at a severe discount, or get turned in at the next "buy-back".

BBC said:
"Things are already escalating and they will continue to do so and me not engaging or being prepared to defend my friends by force... isn't going to stop people from being attacked or harassed," Clara says.
. . .
Gwendolyn Patton, of the Pink Pistols, a club for for gay, lesbian and transgender gun owners, says new members fear being "harassed by the gun nuts at the range".

But she says they are mostly "welcomed with open arms by the shooting community".

"There are people who have professed to carrying a gun now because Trump made them feel unsafe," she says
. . .
"It just feels like we are living at the end of the world and everybody expects the apocalypse to come sooner rather than later," says Clara, the nursing student.

"So learning how to shoot a gun doesn't seem like a bad idea. Certainly more useful than learning how to make PowerPoint slides, or whatever."

"Liberal preppers seem keen to underline the difference between them and their right-wing counterparts, who they tend to regard as paranoid, gun-obsessed conspiracy theorists."

I was just getting used to being a racist, misogynist xenophobe with lesser education and lower productivity, and now I have to be paranoid, gun-obsessed and a conspiracy theorist. Being a Trump voter is such a burden...

I have no problem with this. Self-defense is a fundamental right that has long been neglected by the left. Maybe they'll tell their reps to knock off the gun grabbing.

Liberal friend of mine posted this on FB earlier today as he's interested in buying his first gun. He really wants a Sig P226 or some other all metal pistol. I told him it's great to see him interested in exercising his rights. Granted the reason why is that he thinks there is going to be an apocalypse now that Trump is president....

"Liberal preppers seem keen to underline the difference between them and their right-wing counterparts, who they tend to regard as paranoid, gun-obsessed conspiracy theorists."

So let me get this straight, liberals feel justified in envisioning economic collapse and social breakdown due to Trump's presidency. However, they aren't being paranoid conspiracy theorists, got it!

Yes. I agree. You must prepare for the coming Trumpocalypse. Every liberal must arm themselves to the hilt to protect against the ones who want to protect the 2A.

Liberal friend of mine posted this on FB earlier today as he's interested in buying his first gun. He really wants a Sig P226 or some other all metal pistol. I told him it's great to see him interested in exercising his rights. Granted the reason why is that he thinks there is going to be an apocalypse now that Trump is president....

tell him the lightest pistols are made of pure unobtanium

I was just getting used to being a racist, misogynist xenophobe with lesser education and lower productivity, and now I have to be paranoid, gun-obsessed and a conspiracy theorist. Being a Trump voter is such a burden...

Poetic in a way.

Now that's a wheeze!

Russian hackers stole the election, the FBI stole the election, Putin "bought" Trump and it's proved in his taxes, Monsanto GMOs are killing people, vaccines are causing autism, police are hunting down black men, GW "did" 9/11, free energy exists but big oil pays to keep it secret, AIDS/HIV was created by the CIA, heroin is being brought into the US from Afghanistan by the CIA, Monsanto is killing all the bees so they control the food supply, ADHD drugs were created to pacify outspoken citizens, DuPont made marijuana illegal to sell more wood pulp, hydraulic fracturing poisons groundwater and makes wells/taps catch fire, and of course anyone can buy guns by the dozen at a gun show with no background check and resell them - that's where all the gun crime comes from.

But WE'RE the paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Ban semi automatics! Ban high capacity magazines! Ban "ghost" guns! Ban "bullet buttons"! Ban ARs! Ban "assault weapons"! Ban handguns! The stabbing at the college was gun violence caused by guns! The terrorist attack was gun violence caused by guns! Only insane/violent people have or want guns! Poverty is exacerbated by guns! Guns are part of "toxic masculinity"! Guns make you less safe! We need universal background checks for guns, and "smart guns", and a 30 day waiting period for guns. Better yet, no guns at all, except for police and military (but we shouldn't have a military they're just there to steal oil and do human rights violations, and the police just kill unarmed black men so they ought to just have tasers but not use them as that's assault too).

But WE'RE obsessed with guns.

Yes. I agree. You must prepare for the coming Trumpocalypse. Every liberal must arm themselves to the hilt to protect against the ones who want to protect the 2A.

Next they'll be trying to join the NRA. Oh the horror.

Good thing they didn't succeed in removing the 2A. That would be like shooting themselves in the foot - though they'll probably do that too.

I can't wait til one of them forgets while they are dropping off little barack and little michele at school and gets pinched for a gfz school violation and become a pp.

Now that's a wheeze!

Russian hackers stole the election, the FBI stole the election, Putin "bought" Trump and it's proved in his taxes, Monsanto GMOs are killing people, vaccines are causing autism, police are hunting down black men, GW "did" 9/11, free energy exists but big oil pays to keep it secret, AIDS/HIV was created by the CIA, heroin is being brought into the US from Afghanistan by the CIA, Monsanto is killing all the bees so they control the food supply, ADHD drugs were created to pacify outspoken citizens, DuPont made marijuana illegal to sell more wood pulp, hydraulic fracturing poisons groundwater and makes wells/taps catch fire, and of course anyone can buy guns by the dozen at a gun show with no background check and resell them - that's where all the gun crime comes from.

But WE'RE the paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Ban semi automatics! Ban high capacity magazines! Ban "ghost" guns! Ban "bullet buttons"! Ban ARs! Ban "assault weapons"! Ban handguns! The stabbing at the college was gun violence caused by guns! The terrorist attack was gun violence caused by guns! Only insane/violent people have or want guns! Poverty is exacerbated by guns! Guns are part of "toxic masculinity"! Guns make you less safe! We need universal background checks for guns, and "smart guns", and a 30 day waiting period for guns. Better yet, no guns at all, except for police and military (but we shouldn't have a military they're just there to steal oil and do human rights violations, and the police just kill unarmed black men so they ought to just have tasers but not use them as that's assault too).

But WE'RE obsessed with guns.

Except that a former senior CDC researcher is accusing the CDC of falsifying the vaccine-autism studies. Oh, and another leading contributing author to the same CDC studies that said there was no autism -vaccine link is wanted for fraud.

Collapse of society. [rofl]

Everyone thinks that when they don't get their way. We are such narcissistic creatures.

• 55% of Republican-supporters say they have a gun in the house, compared with 32% of Democrats, according to research by PRRI

If 1/3 Democrats already have firearms, then how is it a new thing like the article implies? Just a huge stretch to blame Trump for something that is common.

I'm more worried about the 45% of Republican supporters with no guns. What's up with that?

Except that a former senior CDC researcher is accusing the CDC of falsifying the vaccine-autism studies. Oh, and another leading contributing author to the same CDC studies that said there was no autism -vaccine link is wanted for fraud.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

My point isn't that these conspiracies are true or untrue (though some REALLY stretch the realms of reasonability), only to say that the left wrote the book on paranoid conspiracies AND "fake news" in the internet era and really can't point fingers at the middle or the right.

I wasn't weighing in personally on any of the above issues (except fracking, marijuana history and gunshow loopholes, which have all been soundly and repeatedly disproved) - just parroting the conspiracy theories I've encountered in the greatest bastion of liberaldom - academia. I wouldn't eat too much crow if a few of the others turned out true. Life is stranger than fiction.

I have no problem with this. Self-defense is a fundamental right that has long been neglected by the left. Maybe they'll tell their reps to knock off the gun grabbing.

My concern is that in the fight against Tyranny, they are not on the side of Freedom. They are on the side of anti-Individualist, Marxist Statism. And now they are armed, and the Tyrant has more than just it's .mil and LEO JBTs to use against the People who fight for Freedom against an Oppressive State.

If trump gets more dems to buy guns, i think thats great with the one exception.dems are more likely to hurt themselves or others.. but when reported it will be in an anti 2nd anti conseveritive way.

If 1/3 Democrats already have firearms, then how is it a new thing like the article implies? Just a huge stretch to blame Trump for something that is common.

I'm more worried about the 45% of Republican supporters with no guns. What's up with that?

Shockingly, all Republicans don't believe 100% of what you (and I) believe.

There are plenty of people who are social liberals and fiscal conservatives and consider themselves Republicans. And they don't have a desire to own a firearm. It isn't that they disagree, they just don't see their PERSONAL need for one.

Its funny, I have a cousin that is a die hard liberal. He is all scared now and wants a gun, but he also plans to take an annual gun safety course to keep with his liberal pro gun control views. I laughed at the waste of money. Be one thing if he was planning further courses but same course annually is a waste of time

I think liberals should be banned from having guns. Should have to sleep in the bed they are trying to make-banning all guns. F-them

My concern is that in the fight against Tyranny, they are not on the side of Freedom. They are on the side of anti-Individualist, Marxist Statism. And now they are armed, and the Tyrant has more than just it's .mil and LEO JBTs to use against the People who fight for Freedom against an Oppressive State.

Meh, I'm not going to worry unless the libs all join ranges and start practicing 3 hours a week. The rest of the groups are basically unchanged but remain a worry.

Back
Top Bottom