Why the AR-15 Sucks for Preppers

I rarely even read stuff like that anymore, thats how pointless it is.

Unless the author is going to add humor to it to make it funny (eg, like a your gun sucks thread, that kind of a thing) there's no point to it. It's just regurgitating some other crap thats already been said 9000 times. I mean do they think they're going to "win" someone over by forcing that opinion? [laugh] it's a little late
for that.

This guy is like gun shop commando #65536 or something. [laugh]

Shit.. this moron even cites "Tesla" that's how you know he's switched on... [rofl]

If a Tesla car failed 25% of the time, we would lynch Elon Musk and duct tape him to one of his rockets.

Apparently the author hasn't been paying attention to Tesla's QC issues... [rofl]

-Mike

If a build up of mud, water or carbon decreases gas pressure to the bolt, the the AR-15 fails to cycle. This is particularly common with AR’s that have shorter barrels. That’s why gas rods have become all the rage.

The star chamber and bolt face are perhaps the single biggest design flaw of the AR-15. That’s the eight-petaled flower at the front of the bolt. Flowers don’t belong in assault rifles. Some say the star chamber provides accuracy. It does not. Bolt-action sniper rifles don’t have star chambers. They have two or three lug bolts and they are the gold standard for accuracy.

Wow, what an astoundingly rational form of analysis. Hey, maybe sniper rifles have two or three locking lugs because they're: 1) bolt actions; or 2) bolt actions that trace their lineage back to the Mauser 98 action (or for older snipers, the Lee Enfield or MAS36, etc.).

Also, that M110 sniper rifle thingy looks like an AR. I wonder if it has an AR boltface... :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah and after that I can't read any more. I see "Ready mewn" ads on Full30 and apparently I'm not missing much.

I rarely even read stuff like that anymore, thats how pointless it is.

Unless the author is going to add humor to it to make it funny (eg, like a your gun sucks thread, that kind of a thing) there's no point to it. It's just regurgitating some other crap thats already been said 9000 times. I mean do they think they're going to "win" someone over by forcing that opinion? [laugh] it's a little late
for that.

This guy is like gun shop commando #65536 or something. [laugh]

Shit.. this moron even cites "Tesla" that's how you know he's switched on... [rofl]

Apparently the author hasn't been paying attention to Tesla's QC issues... [rofl]

-Mike

But but but he's got 28 years, respect his auhtori-tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wow, what an astoundingly rational form of analysis. Hey, maybe sniper rifles have two or three locking lugs because they're: 1) bolt actions; 2) bolt actions that trace their lineage back to the Mauser 98 action (or for older snipers, the Lee Enfield or MAS36).

Also, that M110 sniper rifle thingy looks like an AR. I wonder if it has an AR boltface... :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah and after that I can't read any more. I see "Ready mewn" ads on Full30 and apparently I'm not missing much.

can't leave this out.

View: https://youtu.be/DX73uXs3xGU

Last edited:
If someone is a prepper wouldn’t that person be experienced on the go to rifle and wouldn’t the prepper stock up on parts and maintenance supplies for said rifle? So what he is saying is irrelevant to the prepper.

If they are so shitty, why did they come to be the most popular sporting rifle in the country? Maybe his experience was with the M4 or M16A2.
Because Colt bought all the other designs and was the lowest bidder for manufacturing M16 for Uncle.

I’m sure tucked away and long forgotten is a JMB design that trumps the AR , Garands, M14 ect ect .

If you need something indestructible - get a Tavor X95.

If you was access to spare parts - get an AR.

Uh huh...are there any SF troops on here that call themselves Green Berets? And are there any troops at all that were taught anything about AR15s? Early Air Force excepted.... BS flag thrown.

I read up to the part where he started comparing AR-15’s to sniper rifles.
Comparing the eight lug AR bolt and the eight lug star chamber to a sniper rifle
with a two or three lug bolts. Not one mention that a sniper rifle is a single shot
firearm and an AR-15 is semi automatic?

This guy is nothing but a boob who is looking for attention.

I'm disappointed that he didn't recommend the SKS instead.

lol he didn't recommend anything, just "the AR sucks cuz I'm da green beret" I'm surprised he didn't end with "nobody needs these weapons of war on the streetz". What's the military version of a Fudd?

lol he didn't recommend anything, just "the AR sucks cuz I'm da green beret" I'm surprised he didn't end with "nobody needs these weapons of war on the streetz". What's the military version of a Fudd?

I didn't read the whole article. What does he recommend for the Prepper community if not the AR?
What I am sure is not mentioned is why the AR is good to have as a Prepper. Mainly the availability of parts. If every Prepper has an AR then they (we) all will have spare parts, more than one (dozen) magazine, the same ammo, etc. If we are in a SHTF scenario and I break my charging handle I could barter a gallon of my fermented vegetables to Lisa for one of her spare handles.
If we are making a final stand against the zombie hoard then I can easily share my mags and ammo with the group.
And hasn't the unreliability thing been debunked like a million times already?

I read up to the part where he started comparing AR-15’s to sniper rifles.
Comparing the eight lug AR bolt and the eight lug star chamber to a sniper rifle
with a two or three lug bolts. Not one mention that a sniper rifle is a single shot
firearm and an AR-15 is semi automatic?

This guy is nothing but a boob who is looking for attention.

He could be one of those guys in bars who says "You know I was a Green Beret."

I didn't read the whole article. What does he recommend for the Prepper community if not the AR?
What I am sure is not mentioned is why the AR is good to have as a Prepper. Mainly the availability of parts. If every Prepper has an AR then they (we) all will have spare parts, more than one (dozen) magazine, the same ammo, etc. If we are in a SHTF scenario and I break my charging handle I could barter a gallon of my fermented vegetables to Lisa for one of her spare handles.
If we are making a final stand against the zombie hoard then I can easily share my mags and ammo with the group.
And hasn't the unreliability thing been debunked like a million times already?
I'm not a glock fanboy, but this is why everybody should own one. In 9 or 45 are probably best. Carry what the local cops carry and you can raid the police armory if shtf

Last edited:
the AR is top 5 best guns for prepping: lightweight, available ammo, powerful, accurate, multitude of uses, spare parts common, and...RELIABLE.

My first AR build was made mostly of shit parts. I've put all sorts of shit steel ammo and def don't clean enough as I should. Completely flawless (and accurate) to date. I've seen enough torture tests to see that the AR is damn reliable. Between the bolt closed and dust cover closed, the action is pretty much protected on all sides. Is your AR15 really going to be fully exposed to mud in a SHTF scenario? Unlikely. If it can still run after negligent maintenance, I'd say the gun is pretty reliable. Preppers can't go wrong with the AR15

We shoot old, shot out M4's with crappy mags and proof level ammo and we can't understand why they fail..[rofl]

Funny, I shoot an AR-15. Not an M16 or M4 assault rifle and I don't have said problems.

Must be your training....[rofl2]

I bet your magazines were crap or you never cleaned them..[mg]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom