Why pay your mortgage?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What ever happened to having to have 20% for a downpayment...problem solved right there. If you can't save enough to put 20% of the value down then your probably not gonna be in a real good position to pay a mortgage if ANYTHING in your life changes for the worse...IE kids, medical or period of unemployment.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Buying high and selling low is a fact of life sometimes just as buying low and selling high is. There's no guarantee of either. This is called risk. Risk makes some millionaires and some broke. I hate to hear the sad stories but we ALL have a sad story to tell at some point in life. I don't want anyone to pay for my sad story ever. It was me and my family that made whatever decision that led to that story. Many people raise many children in small apartments. Many people have a big home for just two. Life is not fair and never will be and no government, no way of life, and no form of ideology will ever make life fair. Though I'm sad to hear that some folks are upside down in there home values can anyone be to blame other than free market?
dude wtf? not sure where you're pulling your assumptions from, besides your ass. I related MY story to show an example of how people can by f**ed in housing and not be some retarded greedy douche.

I'm quite happy in my house and never claimed it was a "sad story". Please point out to me where I asked for YOUR assistance in paying my mortgage or where I criticized the "free market" or said life wasn't fair.

People like ME are the people that get f**ked coming AND going. I not only have to deal with living in a home underwater by 100K, but I also have to "bail out" all the morons who made the f**king loans to begin with!

There's NO "free market" when the profits are privatized and risks are socialized, which is what the entire "bailout" is.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
dude wtf? not sure where you're pulling your assumptions from, besides your ass. I related MY story to show an example of how people can by f**ed in housing and not be some retarded greedy douche.

I'm quite happy in my house and never claimed it was a "sad story". Please point out to me where I asked for YOUR assistance in paying my mortgage or where I criticized the "free market" or said life wasn't fair.

People like ME are the people that get f**ked coming AND going. I not only have to deal with living in a home underwater by 100K, but I also have to "bail out" all the morons who made the f**king loans to begin with!

There's NO "free market" when the profits are privatized and risks are socialized, which is what the entire "bailout" is.
I made no assumptions sir. I also never stated that you asked for my assistance nor did I refer to you in anyway. I guess that you might have thought this sentence refereed to you "Many people raise many children in small apartments. Many people have a big home for just two." but it did not. I was referring to the multitudes who purchased a home for more than they could afford and now expect someone else to pay for them. I read your post and thought it admirable that you don't expect or want help. I noted how different you are than many folks in the current administration. I hold no ill will toward you sir nor did I mean to insinuate that I was referring to you in my post. Please except my apologies that my post came across as pertaining to you.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Please except my apologies that my post came across as pertaining to you.
No apologies necessary. I'm just in a bad mood because I ALWAYS get into any market at the worst times! Ask me about my bold moves into tech stocks in late 1999. Or how I just unloaded all of my Marvel Comics stock 2 weeks before Disney took them over and Marvel stock shot up 75%.

I've been recommending buying gold, so that should mean all of you reading this should SELL because we must be at the peak and about to crash if I'm buying! [wink]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can fix the song for you...

Obama, wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
Obama, wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

George D

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
That would take care of their housing problem [smile]
According to the article, the police won't do anyhting.

"Occupying a home without permission is a crime, according to the Boston Police Department. But unless the owner notifies police from the location, no action is taken, said department spokesman James Kenneally."

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Now I understand why people have more money to spend, no one is paying their frigging bills. And yet I try to be on time.

Makes me pause, who is the bigger sucker here me for paying or them for not.

ScarFace:

Tony Montana: You know what capitalism is? Getting f**ked!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Housing is a human right,
And choosing a housing according to your income is a human responsibility, isn't it?
I really feel like it is my moral right to live in a newly constructed three-floors six-bedrooms house nearby a beach in Florida, even though I can't pay for it [thinking]

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How is any of this different than robbing a bank or knocking off a package store to 'feed my family'?

Welcome to the onset of communism.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
How is any of this different than robbing a bank or knocking off a package store to 'feed my family'?
(Playing devil's advocate here)

If the tenant was forced out who is *making scheduled monthly payments without interruption* but the owner is not or hasn't made any recent mortgage payments, the tenants will obviously be forced out since the property will enter foreclosure.

This is a property rights issue. The tenants need to be informed that a missed payment was made and the property is being either defaulted or foreclosed.

Of course, if somebody decides to stay after the time "threshold" then they are now trespassers and need to be removed from the property.

Top Bottom