Why no Speer 300BLK data?

I'm just curious as to why Speer seems to not even recognize that the 300BLK exists.

I picked up some speer #2022 150gr BTSP at the Marlboro show over the weekend. I was searching for a load both in the Speer reloading manual and on their website. They do not show a single load of any type for the 300BLK.

The speer 150gr BTSP is nearly identical to the Hornaday 150gr SP except for the boat tail and being .005 shorter.

If I use a recipe for the Hornaday and just subtract .005 from the COAL will I be OK?

The speer 150gr BTSP is nearly identical to the Hornaday 150gr SP except for the boat tail and being .005 shorter.

If I use a recipe for the Hornaday and just subtract .005 from the COAL will I be OK?

Go with that and see how it functions.
Even with common calibers, you'll not find every bullet listed in the reloading manuals, so you have to use some intelligent guesswork with these, too.

I'm just curious as to why Speer seems to not even recognize that the 300BLK exists.

I picked up some speer #2022 150gr BTSP at the Marlboro show over the weekend. I was searching for a load both in the Speer reloading manual and on their website. They do not show a single load of any type for the 300BLK.

Perhaps the "not invented here" syndrome? 300 AAC Blackout was developed by Advanced Armament Corporation.

The possible reason? The .300 BO is a niche cartridge and it might not survive. Why dedicate resources to that?

I don't know if I buy that theory. Every other powder and bullet mfg has 300BLK load data available. It uses regular .308 bullets of which speer has almost 30 offerings, so why not just supply load data?

Because fanboy support is likely to max out. It would cost tens of thousands of dollars to include another cartridge. Rightly or wrongly, they've decided not to pursue. In 10 years we'll see if that was the correct decision. ( If that was even the reason. Unless Speer puts out a position paper or PSA or even a note in their next manual, we'll never know ).

Because fanboy support is likely to max out. It would cost tens of thousands of dollars to include another cartridge. Rightly or wrongly, they've decided not to pursue.

I'm not looking for a new cartridge, just load data for bullets that they already sell. Hell, I'd settle for just a COAL.
Every other bullet and powder mfg out there publishes load data for the 300BLK.

I think the cartridge is much more popular than you think. There is talk that it is being evaluated as a replacement for the suppressed MP5

Even wallyworld is stocking it.

2e24becd-e298-4e39-91d9-0b2aee6f1f36_zps16704487.jpg

Nope, never shot .300 B.O. out of a can. Did have a nice Vector Uzi with a suppressor. And there was that time I shot a .300WM with one. And of course there were the times we shot 90MM with the bore evacuator, that at first glance I thought was a "can". I'm 65 in a week and probably have ED. You win. Your dick is bigger.

Nope, never shot .300 B.O. out of a can. Did have a nice Vector Uzi with a suppressor. And there was that time I shot a .300WM with one. And of course there were the times we shot 90MM with the bore evacuator, that at first glance I thought was a "can". I'm 65 in a week and probably have ED. You win. Your dick is bigger.

WhyUGottaBeADick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom