Why more Trap than Skeet at clubs?

The people who are good at trap are usually morbidly obese, thus skeet involves too much walking for them. Rotating 5 positions isn't overly physical for them.

And they're usually no at sporting clays either unless carts are allowed.....

I used to hear talks about old Fudds that weren't very welcoming to others, particularly younger shooters, when it came to trap and skeet shooting. Fortunately either that was just talk, or things have changed, because I haven't found a more welcoming crowd. I'm not very good but I do enjoy shooting trap. It (and skeet), are games of consistency and repeatability. Once you get the mechanics down, if you can do the same thing every time, you will break a lot of clays. I shoot better when I don't think too much.

Trap comes across as a more "serious" game, as opposed to Skeet - and not because one has better shooters than the other.

Trap does seem to be a lot more serious, I've noticed it myself while shooting trap. Later that same day I felt like a goof on the skeet field, much more relaxing there.

a Skeeter said, "You're a Trap guy....why don't you talk?" I said, "Why don't you keep score?".

Its funny because its ture!

.....Shot sporting clays and had a great time.

sporting clays to be a great way to spend a day pulling triggers

I shoot better when I don't think too much.

There it is!

I like bust'n clays dont care how they are thrown. The pace of skeet keeps me from doing it more. Trap tends to be a bit faster pace. I love5 stand and sporting clays but just dont get out much to do it............bust clays its fun!
I have met more "snooty" people on the skeet farms I have been to though. So far the only place a shooter I never met before has stuffed a 15k gun in my face and said "go ahead try it" is on the trap range and has happened more than once!!!! I shot like shit everytime.....still my best trap score is with a 870 express mod choke barebones stock 99/100 choked on my 51st bird!!!! 98s since then with my browning.........what evers local give it a try! If it flys it dies!

At the two trap fields I shoot at they have the speaker system so you can't talk. No ball busting, no excuses. The "thin" guys who can't hit trap and can't make excuses go over to the skeet field! By the way, Most the guys I shoot with are not fat by any means. We shoot trap and 5 stand. What I don't like about skeet is once we start, I can go into the club house, take a crap, come out and I'm still not up yet! LOL
Trap is boring? Try shooting cap from the 27 or shooting .410 from the 19 and break 19. Every body is going to like what they like. Plain and simple.

Interesting. When I started shooting, the skeeters were always much more accommodating to new shooters.

I think that has a lot more to do with the speed of the proceedings though. The trappers I shoot with waste no time and expect the same of everyone on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom