Why more Black people are looking for safety in gun ownership

Reptile

NES Member
A rise in hate crimes and anti-Black vitriol sparked a 58 percent increase in Black people purchasing firearms in 2020. The spike seems to have continued.
Two days after a white man shot and killed 10 Black people in Buffalo last month, Michael Moody reversed his thinking about possessing a firearm. He had watched the aftermath of the carnage on the news, the anguish of the victims’ families, and decided he “needed a gun. Needed, not wanted,” he said.

After discussing it with his wife, Moody said he left his home in suburban Washington to buy a weapon. He quickly learned he wasn’t alone. He said he was “stunned” at the number of Black people standing in line at the gun shop in Maryland to make a similar purchase.

Through chatting with others while waiting, Moody said he learned “a lot of us have the same idea. It’s getting bad when someone specifically targets Black people to shoot. We have to be prepared to fight back. And you can’t survive bringing a knife to a gunfight.”

Continues...

A rise in hate crimes and anti-Black vitriol sparked a 58 percent increase in Black people purchasing firearms in 2020. The spike seems to have continued.
Two days after a white man shot and killed 10 Black people in Buffalo last month, Michael Moody reversed his thinking about possessing a firearm. He had watched the aftermath of the carnage on the news, the anguish of the victims’ families, and decided he “needed a gun. Needed, not wanted,” he said.

After discussing it with his wife, Moody said he left his home in suburban Washington to buy a weapon. He quickly learned he wasn’t alone. He said he was “stunned” at the number of Black people standing in line at the gun shop in Maryland to make a similar purchase.

Through chatting with others while waiting, Moody said he learned “a lot of us have the same idea. It’s getting bad when someone specifically targets Black people to shoot. We have to be prepared to fight back. And you can’t survive bringing a knife to a gunfight.”

Continues...
Guess theyve been ignoring the black on black crime stats since...forever. This is why I shake my head at "the more the merrier" crowd on NES and elsewhere. Youre welcoming them into your little group while they veiw you as a threat because the tv told them so.

Guess theyve been ignoring the black on black crime stats since...forever. This is why I shake my head at "the more the merrier" crowd on NES and elsewhere. Youre welcoming them into your little group while they veiw you as a threat because the tv told them so.
Curious, how many black people do you hang out with outside of work?

Black folks are kind of an enigma. They seem to vote staunchly democrat, but of the many I have met, none of them were actual libtards.

Not gonna lie, many of them live the free shit, but they have zero patience for PC Bullshit.

i agree with you on this, unfortunately there are powers lurking that tell us how to think and what we can say on the subject of, well, you know.

but seriously, there is a similar group who love to comment, post memes and openly laugh at our friends in the sexually different community. they love to tell them about their deviant lifestyle and how to raise their children. but open the topic of firearms and we have a different narrative.

i'm guilty also, i love a good pig pile, the only thing really different that i see is the lgbtq+ community doesn't seem to be inherently violent as the american african community. at least they're not killing each other off in provincetown at the rate of a dozen a week..

i agree with you on this, unfortunately there are powers lurking that tell us how to think and what we can say on the subject of, well, you know.

but seriously, there is a similar group who love to comment, post memes and openly laugh at our friends in the sexually different community. they love to tell them about their deviant lifestyle and how to raise their children. but open the topic of firearms and we have a different narrative.

i'm guilty also, i love a good pig pile, the only thing really different that i see is the lgbtq+ community doesn't seem to be inherently violent as the american african community. at least they're not killing each other off in provincetown at the rate of a dozen a week..
The LGBT community and African Americans in general aren’t as easy to offend as your average white Karen crusader with their fake woke outrage… People are people Karen’s are Karen’s… Then we have All the racebating, gun control, woke crowd who just aim to make money off it…. And even worse is that are idiot minions who drank the Kool-Aid

"But seeing those people climb the walls and attack the Capitol — on top of all the other shootings of Black people — just confirmed why I stood in the cold and got my firearm. The bottom line is that we have to protect ourselves and our homes. But we purchase guns differently,” Hawkins said, stressing the sense that more Black people are buying guns for the sake of protection against racial attacks."

I’m not sure I’m interpreting that the way she meant it - Blacks buy guns to defend against racially-motivated attackers? Maybe so…

I think the gist of this article is about White Supremacy violence directed at Blacks and their response by arming up. NBCNews wouldn’t run a seemly pro-gun article if there were not an ulterior motive. In this case, the premise is that when Blacks have to resort to arming up, that’s proof of a growing racism issue. Black-on-Black homicides have accounted for Black murders for decades, just as White-on-White homicides account for White murders.

862F1CCB-ECD3-4B45-AA06-5F2F934D2286.jpeg

"But seeing those people climb the walls and attack the Capitol — on top of all the other shootings of Black people — just confirmed why I stood in the cold and got my firearm. The bottom line is that we have to protect ourselves and our homes. But we purchase guns differently,” Hawkins said, stressing the sense that more Black people are buying guns for the sake of protection against racial attacks."

I’m not sure I’m interpreting that the way she meant it - Blacks buy guns to defend against racially-motivated attackers? Maybe so…

I think the gist of this article is about White Supremacy violence directed at Blacks and their response by arming up. NBCNews wouldn’t run a seemly pro-gun article if there were not an ulterior motive. In this case, the premise is that when Blacks have to resort to arming up, that’s proof of a growing racism issue. Black-on-Black homicides have accounted for Black murders for decades, just as White-on-White homicides account for White murders.

View attachment 626876
That’s just a woke spin on things.. The reality is African Americans have to defend themselves against other African-Americans more than a bunch of ignorant white people..

All people buy guns for the same reasons. It has nothing to do with race or creed that’s just the main stream media

Have to disagree with the OP. Like that man speaking at the Durham city council meeting, I don't see any news of "rise in hate crimes and anti-Black vitriol". I see increased violent crime, mostly committed by black criminals, being unpunished; i.e., encouraged, by Progressive Soros DAs and judges. And regular people, of all races, are very upset at the idea that violent criminals are being released to repeat their violence on more citizens, as a matter of policy, by these corrupt public officials. People see violent, flagrant shoplifters and gangs ransacking retail stores. They see shootings and random violence against innocent bystanders in public places, on the street, and at the beach. And you know what's weird about all these news reports? The ones committing the crimes are all black, and they are not being arrested and taken off the street.

At the same time as these violent criminals are being encouraged by the system, the tourists who were let into the Capitol by the police there are rotting in jail without bail. Parents who speak up at school board meetings are harassed by the FBI. People see that, and they know that our justice system has collapsed completely. And that's why people of all races are coming to realize that they "need" their guns.

"we" view blacks as a threat because they make up a greater percentage of violent crime than their numbers in the population represent.

But that doesn't make us republicans, who lump all voters of a particular ethnic group into one block. I'm thinking repubs and latinos here, the repubs overlooking strong illegal immigrant sentiment in the legal hispanic immigrant community.

I'm not all that afraid of a black man legally procuring a firearm to protect himself and his family. I'm not real concerned that he's going to shoot me in a Dunkin Donuts massacre. If said black man shoots a white dirtbag in the course of a home invasion or assault on a family member, I'd vote to acquit.

If it comes to a race war, then whatever happens, happens. Our horrible government does nothing but foment racial unrest. Therefore it comes as no surprise that an honest, hardworking black man would be as fearful for his family's safety as we are for ours. In the above posted vid, the black dude recognizes that the fault for violence in his community lies not with white people, but within his own government's policies. He's not going to shoot me.

The rise in black gun owners can be used to our advantage. If I were to accost Granny Warren on gun control at a town hall meeting, you can imagine the outcome. If a black man were to accost her using the exact same words I did, she would have to treat him much differently.

He gives credit to the 1994 "Crime Bill"?

The senate author was Joe Biden.
I noticed that...he was pretty much right on until he got to that part...the '94 crime bill??? That was a complete utter debacle and disaster.

View attachment 626876
Huh...I wonder what happened in 2020?

"we" view blacks as a threat because they make up a greater percentage of violent crime than their numbers in the population represent.

But that doesn't make us republicans, who lump all voters of a particular ethnic group into one block.
You probably don't realize it, but that kind of blanket statement puts you on the same Group W bench as the racists.

If I were to accost Granny Warren on gun control at a town hall meeting, you can imagine the outcome. If a black man were to accost her using the exact same words I did, she would have to treat him much differently.
God grant her the ignorance not to do so.
I've noticed that she can't think on her feet.
So hopefully my prayer isn't much of an ask.

Back
Top Bottom