• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why is this gun not legal for sale in MA?

DSA, Inc. RPD 7.62x39 Rifle
It has a fixed stock, no flashider, no bayo lug
They have it listed as no sales to MA?

Who says it's not legal? My search shows it listed as "not for sale to MA", that doesn't mean it's not legal. Just means someone doesn't want the hassle of actually researching state laws, so instead they just won't sell to anyone in a state that'sknown to have crappy laws. If you really wanted one of those you could probably get one in MA (minus any post ban mags of course).

The 100rd drum is certainly a no-no if it is new and not pre-ban.

Who says it's not legal? My search shows it listed as "not for sale to MA", that doesn't mean it's not legal. Just means someone doesn't want the hassle of actually researching state laws, so instead they just won't sell to anyone in a state that'sknown to have crappy laws. If you really wanted one of those you could probably get one in MA (minus any post ban mags of course).

Probably a combination of both.

It's priced as a package to include two drums, sling, carry case, etc.

It's probably not worth the time, effort or hassle breaking up a kit just to comply with MA laws.

If you had a green card, you could get the real-deal (C&R it probably, too) and play "Tora Bora Adventure" at your local range. Just saying.

There aren't a whole lot of tranferable RPD's out there, of that "handfull" the majority are rewelds and therefore not C&R, and they are all A LOT MORE than $2000... But I agree they are extremely fun to shoot...

Thought I had some pics but all I can find is me with the RPD's big brother* the PKM...

P1020696.jpg

*sorry guess I need to clarify, I didn't mean the the two guns are actually "related" simply a casual referance related to two beltfed guns that tended to be used by the same countrys using 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R. I thought "big brother" was sufficant short hand rather than getting to detailed over who designed, built, deployed, what gun... [wink]

Last edited:
I want a pkm , belt fed 54r drool. And you can buy surplus belted ammo in 220rd cans.
So you'll never have to worry about proving its preban belts lol.

I've seen kits and barrels. Just cant find a receiver that's not crazy money or how to build it semi auto :(

yes, same guy, Degtyarev, it's "light machine gun" ... "light" [laugh]

I'm thinking only the grip is light lol. I've been drooling over all the 54r parts kit apex has now .
been following a thread on weapon guild converting a dtm/dm drum for a psl ...
[video=youtube_share;pd2BDyQnAv8]http://youtu.be/pd2BDyQnAv8[/video]

ill buy you a case of vodka to help me with that lol.

They need to pay $15k for the state to conduct Certification testing. That's why some companies refuse and they are not "on the list".

They need to pay $15k for the state to conduct Certification testing. That's why some companies refuse and they are not "on the list".

What list is that for rifles?

Please educate me?

Also please show me where in the law or CMRs it says that MA (the state) conducts any certification testing? I'm willing to learn.

What list is that for rifles?

Please educate me?

Also please show me where in the law or CMRs it says that MA (the state) conducts any certification testing? I'm willing to learn.

I'd say he just forgot the /sarcasm tag, but 65 posts leads me to believe he's just confused [sad]

I agree with ColdDayInHell,

I saw Wise Lite RPD at the Marlborough up for sale as MA legal. I'm pretty sure the Polish drums that were plentiful a couple years back are pre-ban as well.

DSA, Inc. RPD 7.62x39 Rifle
It has a fixed stock, no flashider, no bayo lug
They have it listed as no sales to MA?

The rifle is legal, the mags and belt are not. (But you could probably find pre-bans.)

cause it's not on the list?

You may have noticed that it's not the "Approved Rifles Roster."

That's for "firearms" (as they are incorrectly defined in the MGLs.) Rifles and shotguns are not currently subject to that testing.

Last edited:

It's my understanding that the MA AG has made the rule that internet dealers must be licensed to sell items to MA. They just don't want to go through whatever pain in the ass process licensing requires. Same reason why next to no one will ship ammunition to MA. even though it's perfectly legal to buy ammo online.

Back
Top Bottom