Why is the IRS arming agents?

Yep. IRS CID. This is what I wanted to do back when I graduated Bryant College in 1993. IRS with Guns we called it. Nothing new. I ended up being a hack accountant for my old man, can't complain too much, making good $$$.

just about every federal government agency, dept., etc. has a CID division. They're more like detectives than cops. A lot of their work involves defrauding the federal government, which aside from people not paying taxes includes those that take from the .gov in the form of fraudulent contracts, etc.

I worked for a company that shipped dangerous goods and we had the FAA special agents show up and inspect us because one of my coworkers f'd up the dangerous goods form big time. I asked to see their badges and they showed them to me--as if I knew what a FAA agent badge looked like, lol. To add insult to injury I was wearing shorts and flip flops that day.

Last edited:
The arming of a federal agent serves two purposes:

- It gives the ability to use force (self defense, offensive action to effect arrest, etc.)

- It is a symbol of power over the ordinary citizen who, in general, is unarmed. This is why some obscure agencies such as poultry inspectors are armed.
Yes, Frank Perdue's son and other relatives are a national threat. Anybody who raises chickens must be crazy and should be put on the terrorist watch list and the no-fly list. Just joking, of course. Actually, Perdue chicken is excellent.

+1 There have always been armed agents in the IRS. They are the ones they send to do criminal investigations, and seizures. Even the FDA has armed inspectors.

They have been armed for a long time, this is nothing new.

Explain the difference between the gov't and the mob please.

When you work for the .gov and do something they don't like (or don't want us to know about,) you plead the 5th and retire with a fat pension. With the mob, you just "retire."

The reason is simply. Now when people refer to taxes as armed robbery, they can do so literally. It makes a stinger point then just being a figurative statement.

I know someone who was an IRS Investigator who helped put away some of the mob bosses, do you really think these people went unarmed? And this was 30-40 years ago.

Now the IRS auditor I met with a few years ago for a tax audit I'm sure that she wasn't armed. Different job, different tools.

Very true...my first cousin was an IRS Special Agent that worked on members of the Winter Hill gang (including Bulger/Flemmi) during late 1980s to early 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom