• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why is S&W giving me such a hard time? ...and lying

If you don't like my rant, simply ignore me. I see a thousand useless posts and quite frankly I am making conversation over an issue that will likely affect someone else here. It is full-blown stupid to tell me they cannot send me a replacement and I do indeed plan to chat with them about it.

If it bothers you that I am someone that gets upset McDonalds forgets the sweet and sour sauce so I call an complain then by all means ignore me.

;-)

Cheers!

The issue at hand is not what you are doing its how you are doing it. Emails, phone calls meh. Handle it professionally in a business like manner and ramp up your matutity meter. Your inability to take constructive criticism seems indicative of a larger problem. Don't afford yourself the luxury of anger. Your pissy at me and I've dealt with S&W for decades. I'm also a Stockholder, I'm suggesting a different approach but then assuming you may be under 30, youth is frequently wasted on the young.

Conversely rather than ignore your posts, I can read them and respond to them. That's the risk you take when you post on the Internet. Your rant is amusing on one level.

Last edited:
All this over a magazine that I would throw downrange and shoot to smithereens, and do a fistpump after it explodes. [rofl]

-Mike

All this over a magazine that I would throw downrange and shoot to smithereens, and do a fistpump after it explodes. [rofl]

-Mike
Lol. I kinda see the OPs point though. In my short time I've learned a pattern of topics and replies:

OP: "How do I cook a steak rare?"
Replies: "Why are you even eating steak?"
"Who eats their steak rare?"
"Just get a double cheeseburger. They're cheaper and more filling."

Sometimes you just want a straight answer

Lol. I kinda see the OPs point though. In my short time I've learned a pattern of topics and replies:

^sums up NES so perfectly! [laugh2]

I have a 10 round PMAG somewhere... If I can find it tonight it's yours.

10 round mags are USELESS.

No I know why he wants one if you ever have had a heavy ar with a bipod your trying to group at a distance the 30 rounders are awkward on a bench. That said mines hiding in a closet somewhere and I'm not actively seeking it.

What do you have for a rest on that bench, a rolled up stale sandwich from subway? [rofl] 20s usually fit just fine.

-Mike

[laugh2]haha, that's what I was thinking when I read that! I love my 20's when I shoot from the bench. In fact, many times I rest on the 20 round floor plate when I don't have anything else with me!

No you don't. There customer service by phone is top notch. For whatever reason, their customer service by email is so-so at best. I've never had a problem with calling them, and never felt the need to email them. I've ordered parts using the phone and they've always shipped the right stuff quickly. I've ordered stuff with credit card in hand and been told "no charge".

I even used the phone when I my 442 frame cracked. I called, they told me that could ship it back at their cost or drop it off at the guard shack. As it happened, I was going to Springfield anyway, so I dropped it off. They called me a few days later to tell me that they were going to replace it because the frame couldn't be repaired and the current frame was different than my early 442.

I'd say call them.

Gotta get a paper trail first.

[laugh2]haha, that's what I was thinking when I read that! I love my 20's when I shoot from the bench. In fact, many times I rest on the 20 round floor plate when I don't have anything else with me!

Yeah but for some inexplicable reason 20s cost more than 30 in some stores

I had the opportunity to overhear a shop owner in New Hampshire explain to young kid why he was paying more for a 10 rd mag than a 30 rounder. It was something like "do you know anything about the business of supply and demand? Most people don't even know 10 round magazine's exist" [laugh]

This whole thing amazes me. I sent an M&P 9mm back to S&W for warranty work along with 3 magazines as they specifically told me to include the magazines. They shipped the gun and magazines back to me after they fixed things. On one hand they ship a gun and magazines to a MA resident but on the other hand they won't ship just a magazine to a MA resident. This is just insanity and shows how messed up they are.

If you don't like my rant, simply ignore me. I see a thousand useless posts and quite frankly I am making conversation over an issue that will likely affect someone else here.

Unfortunately for you, I'm pretty sure that this is what S&W is doing, because your approach is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This whole thing amazes me. I sent an M&P 9mm back to S&W for warranty work along with 3 magazines as they specifically told me to include the magazines. They shipped the gun and magazines back to me after they fixed things. On one hand they ship a gun and magazines to a MA resident but on the other hand they won't ship just a magazine to a MA resident. This is just insanity and shows how messed up they are.

My thoughts exactly...strange business model! [rolleyes]

Last edited:

That didn't take long... [laugh]

I have replaced my 10 rounder's with PMAGS. They work well. If you really want them to own up, why can't they send the replacement mag to a dealer and you pick it up.

I'm with you man, and it's not wasted time spending a few minutes on emails. I like to pursue these kinds of issues myself, I've had several phone calls with S&W last year over an M&P 9c I bought that was garbage. The night I bought it (brand new) went to the range and after about 100 rounds almost all of the paint fell out of the front sight, couldn't aim very well after that in the indoor range. Gave them a call and they were backlogged for work so they told me they would send me a new sight in the mail but if I damage the slide replacing it it's not covered under warranty. Whatever, I took it but painted the sight myself instead of replacing.

After carrying it for a day with the newly painted sight all I could hear was the magazine rattling, more than any other handgun I've carried. Gave them a call again and got an old timer on the phone who sounded fed up with the company. He was telling me that they didn't clean the front sights properly before painting and a lot of them were having issues. Also told me that they knew about the spring rattle in the magazines but didn't have enough time to fix it before shipping the guns so they just sent them out as is. I'm officially done with the company now.

When I buy smiths I buy them from a local dealer and let the dealer do the warranty BS with the factory, if needed. Usually it just gets fixed.

-Mike

Unfortunately for you, I'm pretty sure that this is what S&W is doing, because your approach is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. go away.

To the adults here. I called and was directed to a manager. I am now going up the chain and waiting on a call back from someone higher up. The word is that it is "company policy" from their legal department despite the fact that it is not against the law. No real good answer other than they want me to go thru the dealer.

Lastly, I understand that some of you are wicked cool and like to trash their 10 rounders. Nothing wrong with that if it satisfies your inner desire destroy something. However, this rifle is still a product and the mag is defective. Rather than tossing it, I would not mind a replacement. I paid for it so why not. The fact that they are completely clueless is why I am making more of it. Maybe it will result in them learning the law so customers don't have to deal with this BS.

...and if you want to donate you 10 rounders to me than I will be more than happy to use them along with my 30 round pre-bans.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with you man, and it's not wasted time spending a few minutes on emails. I like to pursue these kinds of issues myself, I've had several phone calls with S&W last year over an M&P 9c I bought that was garbage. The night I bought it (brand new) went to the range and after about 100 rounds almost all of the paint fell out of the front sight, couldn't aim very well after that in the indoor range. Gave them a call and they were backlogged for work so they told me they would send me a new sight in the mail but if I damage the slide replacing it it's not covered under warranty. Whatever, I took it but painted the sight myself instead of replacing.

After carrying it for a day with the newly painted sight all I could hear was the magazine rattling, more than any other handgun I've carried. Gave them a call again and got an old timer on the phone who sounded fed up with the company. He was telling me that they didn't clean the front sights properly before painting and a lot of them were having issues. Also told me that they knew about the spring rattle in the magazines but didn't have enough time to fix it before shipping the guns so they just sent them out as is. I'm officially done with the company now.

Another individual with principles! :)

I recently purchased a new S&W Pro Series 1911 9mm. It did not function reliably from the box, continuous failure to extract. It is currently at S&W for the second time since the "repaired" pistol did not function any better than it did before the first "repair". There is much more to this story that I may post about if I ever get a functioning pistol back from them. Bottom line is I am very dissatisfied with both their product and their customer/repair service and will not be purchasing anything from S&W again.

My M&P 9mm (range kit version) and my M&P Sport AR, had problems, because the S&W mags were built to hold only 9.8 rounds..
It's very hard to get that 10th round in the mag.. Just does not want to go in. (I use a UpLula for the 9mm).

Very hard to insert a fully loaded 10rnd 9mm mag, since the top round can not be depressed more than 0.2 mm..
If the slide is locked back, it loads normally, like a regular firearm.

If the 9mm mags loaded with 9 rounds, they work fine. My loaded S&W mags are all loaded with 9 rounds each.
9 rounds in a mag is better than a 10 round mag that could fail to function. One of the many down-sides to living in this state.

Let me get this straight? You're arguing with them about a 10 round mag.... which is something that most of us pretty much throw in the trash or in a junk drawer the moment the gun comes out of the box... [laugh] Not excusing the shitty CS from them... but there's a cost/benefit analysis here and by taking up an argument with them about a magazine that is intrinsically junk, every second you spend doing that is pretty much wasted time.

-Mike

I actually really like the SHORT 10 rd mags that come with the M&P 15/22. The long ones are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

My M&P 9mm (range kit version) and my M&P Sport AR, had problems, because the S&W mags were built to hold only 9.8 rounds..
It's very hard to get that 10th round in the mag.. Just does not want to go in. (I use a UpLula for the 9mm).

Very hard to insert a fully loaded 10rnd 9mm mag, since the top round can not be depressed more than 0.2 mm..
If the slide is locked back, it loads normally, like a regular firearm.

If the 9mm mags loaded with 9 rounds, they work fine. My loaded S&W mags are all loaded with 9 rounds each.
9 rounds in a mag is better than a 10 round mag that could fail to function. One of the many down-sides to living in this state.

Glock 10 round mags were (are?) like that.

I have the same gun, and yes, that 10th round is a bitch to squeeze into the mag. With some practice and lots of elbow grease, it goes in. When you load the mag with the slide locked back, the slide returns by itself more often than not.

I recently purchased a new S&W Pro Series 1911 9mm. It did not function reliably from the box, continuous failure to extract. It is currently at S&W for the second time since the "repaired" pistol did not function any better than it did before the first "repair". There is much more to this story that I may post about if I ever get a functioning pistol back from them. Bottom line is I am very dissatisfied with both their product and their customer/repair service and will not be purchasing anything from S&W again.
My situation has been different. Ive owned lots of SW and the few times i had to send it back they always were nice and helpful. I had a pps they were doing the work on i had to send it back 3 times because of the dumb disconnector but they were always courteous and said they would do what it took to make it right. Although i was annoyed they did fix the problem. Had the same issue with my ruger mark 3. Had to send it back 3 times. Everyone has their own thoughts on things but i wouldnt stop buying a SW or Ruger product because of my experiences. They both did what it took to fix the problem. Can't ask much more than that. I hope you have better luck the second time around.

Back
Top Bottom