Why I joined this site

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Sometimes I feel a bit out of place here, because I don't own any firearms and can't contribute anything here regarding the subject.

I am one of those people that can't own a firearm in MA.

(A combination of the stupid laws up here, and a few mistakes I made back in college after Vietnam.[rolleyes])

If I was back home in New Mexico, it wouldn't be a problem....but that is neither here nor there.....

The reason I joined this site is that I strongly believe in the right of every RESPONSIBLE American citizen to arm themselves.

Notice that I say RESPONSIBLE...because that is the key word!

If I could live in an ideal American neighborhood...all my neighbors would be armed.

I am 62 years old.....and the America I knew back in the 50's and 60's doesn't exist anymore.

When I was a juvenile delinquent back in 1965, we wore engineer boots, black leather jackets and duck-tail haircuts. The worst weapons we carried were switchblade knives, baseball bats and pieces of chain.

We made mistakes, but we never messed with guns, because guns kill people. And back then if you killed someone, you faced the electric chair.

But it is a different world today. We have 13 years old kids running around with guns, ready to shoot anybody over 15 bucks worth of crack!

And these 13 year old kids don't care if they kill someone, because they won't get the electric chair......the liberals and hippies have made sure of that!

The police can only do so much....and it has gotten to the point where Americans need to protect themselves.

So that is why I joined this site.....most of the members here are folks I would want to have as next door neighbors. Armed and ready for any problems...ready to protect me if need be.

(Notice I said "MOST" of the members![rofl][rofl][rofl])

Hmmm. I know what you mean sorta. Guns don't kill people though, those who use them do. Like chains, bats, and switchblades.

Guns or not, we enjoy having you around! I sometimes feel out of place too, but I look pass that. NES is like a family and like all families we have some dysfunctional members [wink] and they make our family special and unique.[kiss]

This is a problem that I have with many a state regarding gun ownership laws. Many a person who smoked dope, got busted for being a dumb kid or snorted some cocaine 20-30 or 40 years ago and got nabbed by the cops and today are role model citizens and have been for 10 or 15 years or longer, are unable to own a gun. These are not violent crimes and usually of the misdemeanor charge, but because of drug related, are now banned from ownership. This is a clear violation of ones constitutional rights. Many states will allow gun ownership after 5 years or 7 years have passed since a misdemeanor charge of drug possession or other minor arrests. In CT., you can own an AR or a CETME and even a Garand with a cocaine possession charge from 10-20 years ago, but they will not let you own a pistol, they are afraid you may do something bad with it, go figure.
Skysoldier seems like quite the distinguishable young lad of 62, someone that has had a fun youth and turned into a productive and caring father and citizen, and gave of himself to our country. For Massachusetts to say he may not own a gun shows just how low the state has sunk and how reckless the government is with our rights.

I am glad you joined and think we're a better community because you did. It's a crying shame that someone who has served our country well can't afford himself of a basic right.

"In any other war, they would have come home and been offered the best jobs in corporate America.....because they were true leaders. But the tragedy of Vietnam, as I see it, is that the true leaders of my generation either died in Vietnam......or their Spirit died when they came home."

Just the way it is......couldn't be said any better.

I feel most Vietnam Vets feel out of place having been subjected to inept and ball-less leadership and an at home citizenship that considered those who served in Vietnam as second class citizens. Truth is, our leadership hasn't changed a great deal over the last 40+ years and apparent to me, it isn't going to.

I absolutely detested the thought of owning guns when I came back from Vietnam. Got rid of what I had and figured I'd live the remaining years without. About ten years ago or so, the Clinton reign of power harkened my attention to the fact that the political arena became more polluted with idiots than ever before and, at present, that couldn't be more true. I have resumed gun ownership mainly for the sake of my (remaining and dwindling) rights and the protection of my family and property. God help us because it seems to be only getting worse.

Case in point? My niece is a modern day hippie. When asked the question: "Is an immigrant legal WITH documentation? Answer: "Yes" Question: "Is an immigrant legal WITHOUT documentation? Answer: "Yes" Guess that begs a further question: Why bother with documentation when you can get all the rights and privileges to include in-state tuition and various forms of welfare????????

To hell in a handbasket.

Last edited:
Dustoff, good points. We should get to gether some time for a cup of coffee. I'll even bring Skysoldier if I can drag him out of work.

I am glad you joined and think we're a better community because you did. It's a crying shame that someone who has served our country well can't afford himself of a basic right.
THIS.
and once again i will say thank you for your dedication to our country.

Hmmm. I know what you mean sorta. Guns don't kill people though, those who use them do. Like chains, bats, and switchblades.

Hey Fixxah's back

Guns have always been around, and people have always killed people with guns.

People have also killed people with rocks....I blame the press for the crap we are in today

Doesn't mean that what he said wasn't true. As I recall, that is how he went green.

who gives a shit if someone is green or not?

does a person being green magically make you want to be their friend? a person that's green wants to support NES financially, and thats it. they dont think they get the best friends badge in the mail after they become green.

Skysoldier is certified badass. he makes good posts, and is a well liked member of the forum.

does a person being green magically make you want to be their friend? a person that's green wants to support NES financially, and thats it. they dont think they get the best friends badge in the mail after they become green.

I agree completely - I don't view green members in a different light from anyone else. I've had a few transactions with the non-members here and they've all been good people. All being green means is that you're willing to contribute money to help run this site (which is a good thing but not necessarily reflective of one's character)

That said, I don't think Zappa meant to offend, I think he was simply stating what happened.

I would say, though, that Skysoldier's expectation that his neighbors would help protect him if need be might not be true (as he himself notes). I've seen so many posts here from people who would rather mind their own business and leave the protection of others to themselves. Yes, I'm sure that if NES members knew that Skysoldier needed help, someone would help him, but from what many people have posted, I would not expect everyone to rush to the rescue.

Last edited:
LOL, and the knucklehead WAS Zappa!!!!!

Ease up guys........ this is nothing to get hot about.

So Skysoldier is a Dench certified badass!!! I guess that's cool. though Sky is a whole new level of bad! I know![wink][smile]

LOL, and the knucklehead WAS Zappa!!!!!

Ease up guys........ this is nothing to get hot about.

So Skysoldier is a Dench certified badass!!! I guess that's cool. though Sky is a whole new level of bad! I know![wink][smile]

Thank You!

That was a self depricating joke.

I'm the "knucklehead" who gave him the Gift Of Green.

And I don't regret it either !

Thank You!

That made me LOL [smile]

Sky, since you're green thanks to Mr. Zappa you could always come to some NH shoots and have some firearms fun like that.

Also, if you are looking to move to NH sometime I worked with a good real estate agent and mortgage broker I worked with recently.

Thank You!

Good on ya for making him green, but I have to say, sarcasm/humor is just a no-go online without smilies/explicit (/sarcasm) tags. I've tried it myself dozens of times without the proper smilies and get smacked in the face for it every time. [wink] [smile] [grin]

Back
Top Bottom