• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why I don't fish the canal anymore.

I stopped a few years back. I used to belong to the Canal Sportsman's club and jigged the place in the middle of the night for many years, before it become a complete sh*thole. It used to be three or four of us that used jig the mainland side. Those days ended a long time ago. No fish is worth that crap.

I will periodically fish the canal. I won't crowd anyone and have no problem telling others to GTFO if they crowd me. I'm in the don't post the bite on social media camp.

I fish a popular spot at a river mouth. Under certain conditions, a few standing waves form. I see a kid with a surfboard slinking his way over where I'm working a fly in the water. I haul my line in, and motion to the kid that I'm clear. He's paddles over and asks, "Are you sure?" "Go for it. It's just fishing." I remember surfing Point Judith, and having some tools surfcasting seeing how close they could get their tins to me. Pretty f***ing close, from what I remember. But I still caught some nice waves.

My guess is snacks and medication.
Highly processed carbs & HFCS on the left Metformin on the right to keep the Dyahbeetus balanced.

Morons like this fat slob going 'Fist City' and then reaching for a knife to jump ugly on some other fisherman.

I swear the Commonwealth has more inbred idiots than the most remote hillbilly humid hellhole one could find somewhere in the swamps of the South.

Clearly tough-guy is a bad fisher person. Because it's hard to be that large eating that much fresh fish.

I went with SIL about 2 years ago at 4am. That was damned early. It was still fairly crowded. I'm not sure I'd go this year. Maybe next. Let the "whatarewegonnadowithRonatime" people thin out a bit.

From 0:00 to :016, on the right, what is the deal with his shorts, or lack thereof?

I was thinking hte same thing. Maybe he was fishing with his short-rod. LOL

That's kind of crazy. I get the gist of the fight was over the spot, but what are the nuances in play here? Is this a "locals only" type of beef?
Locals like "locals only can fish there" or "locals only are that stupid and crazy"??? Because the former - go F yourself. Free country and all that.

A buddy of mine years ago told of some old guy that was the "grandfather of canal fishing" and if he came by and wanted to fish, you had to get out of his way. Yeahright. GTFO. I don't care if he invented striped bass. Wait your turn. LOL. (This was in the thin years where there were 4 fish per year and the limit was no longer than 24" and no shorter than 24".)

Back
Top Bottom