Why Does the Second Amendment Refer to “The People”?

I would happily join a milita to retain my 2A rights. Where do I sign up?

You already are part of the Unorganized Militia.

10 USC 246: Militia: composition and classes
Text contains those laws in effect on June 16, 2019
From Title 10-ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A-General Military Law
PART I-ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
CHAPTER 12-THE MILITIA
Jump To:Source Credit Amendments
§246. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are-

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is the fact that, people will invariably act against their own best interests unless and until they are shown the error of their ways.

Who among us needs to be armed more, the middle class black person or some upper class doctor or lawyer? The 2nd amendment was designed so that people who are being oppressed or disenfranchised have a way to defend themselves. But then you have gun control measures that impede those same groups from having that ability. Both sides are guilty of this practice and IMO it must stop.

Imagine for a moment if all the infighting between peoples were directed were it should be instead of at each other. Too bad thats a pipe dream due to the fact that neither side will let go of their pet causes to fight for the greater good. I mean after all people had no problem with the Patriot Act even though it shreaded the constitution and decimated our rights and freedoms. Why you ask? Well because we now are scared of the other person. The "terrorists" couldnt have in their wildest dreams, imagined that what happened in the wake of 9-11. I wonder how many people actually believe we are any safer today than we were on 10sept2001.

But hell lets keep using guns and abortion to keep fighting each other, Big Brother likes it when the proles fight with each other...... Right?

Back
Top Bottom