• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do you reload

What's the time frame to reload 50 rounds? I'm wondering about the time cost?

From unprocessed brass to finished product, it may take an hour...really depends on what equipment you have.
A progressive press all set to go can run them in a few minutes.
You will spend more time off press sorting and prepping the brass than you will actually reloading it.
I use a single stage press, so I may take an hour to get the brass ready, set up the press and run them through to a completed round.

What's the time frame to reload 50 rounds? I'm wondering about the time cost?

That depends on the equipment. I have a Hornady progressive press which will take me probably 5-10 min to load 50 rounds of PISTOL ammo. If you have a single stage I'd guess it would take a half hour anyway - not sure.

Rifle calibers is a whole different animal and a lot more time consuming.

That depends on the equipment. I have a Hornady progressive press which will take me probably 5-10 min to load 50 rounds of PISTOL ammo. If you have a single stage I'd guess it would take a half hour anyway - not sure.

Rifle calibers is a whole different animal and a lot more time consuming.

With my 1050 & bullet feeder 50 rounds takes about 90 seconds. It takes as much time to gauge and box as it does to make it...

I started on a single stage cause that was the "right way", used to take about an hour per hundred.

My first 6 rounds of .357 Magnum took 27 years to load. Since, with no rush, about 125 rounds an hour on a single stage press.
Somebody, someplace makes that .299" bullet you need since you can't buy factory ammunition without a 3rd mortgage.
WalMart phobia.
LGS would prefer you ask for .243 ammunition than 6MM Dasher.
5,000 FPS with 45 GR bullets and sabot out of your .300 Weatherby.
3/8" groups with Unique and Sierra 168 MatchKing out of your .308.
15 cent 30-06 ammunition, because, scrounge.
OCD enabler.
Man cave.
$10 a box, components at retail, factory duplication loads, .300 Winchester Magnum.
Wall of 50 cans filled with ammunition.
Because I can.

Back
Top Bottom