Why do you compete?

I could give one of the nice answers like Derek or Jar has given, but a lot of the time, I compete so I can win. I like beating people at something they're good at, and I'm good enough at shooting to beat some of the people some of the time.

I've certainly made some friends and had a fun time doing it, and I don't think I come across as a jerk or am not friendly... but I'm fundamentally pretty competitive.

Nothing wrong with being competitive. That is part of the fun!! It is awesome when you beat somebody by one percent or less! Then again... its also feels great when you open the can of WHOOPASS too!

I enjoy competition. As Derek said, it motivates you to improve. I wouldn't be spending time each evening practicing my revolver reloads and dry firing if I wasn't competing in IDPA. It isn't the winning, as I'm not going to beat Lugnut and Gene G. anytime soon [crying]

And I enjoy the company of like-minded individuals and the challenging stages.

I enjoy competition. As Derek said, it motivates you to improve. I wouldn't be spending time each evening practicing my revolver reloads and dry firing if I wasn't competing in IDPA. It isn't the winning, as I'm not going to beat Lugnut and Gene G. anytime soon [crying]

C'mon... you can beat Lugnut by at least 0.0323 points [smile]. He's been spending all that time on the round guns.

If you want to improve your revolver reloads skip IDPA and shoot ICORE with Craig & Bob. You'll get a lot more reps in a typical ICORE stage than your typical 12-18 round IDPA stage.

If you want to improve your revolver reloads skip IDPA and shoot ICORE with Craig & Bob. You'll get a lot more reps in a typical ICORE stage than your typical 12-18 round IDPA stage.

Yup, that's on my list. I couldn't make the first couple matches. Gotta order more gear for it. How many speedloaders are required for an ICORE stage?

Back
Top Bottom