• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do people sell guns with 50 rounds through them?

At least around here, there are not many places that have the facilities to "try before you buy". And often people appear to go off of internet reviews 🤣.

Wish I had more friends who shoot, so I could try out some other stuff. Used to go to Manchester Firing Line, Bob's in Salisbury... never been to Mass Firearms. BEEN to On Target, in Dracut several times- even before they had the range.

ETA: sounds like I contradict myself, huh? I guess there are more now, than when I first started shooting. Also, Granite State, in Hudson NH

How many cars do you have?

I’ve changed my mind about guns without ever having shot them. I sold two in the last couple of months alone that I never put a single round through.

i got too many guns in the safe with a box of ammo through them. i liked them enough to seek them out and buy. it's a malady of having too many i think. i have a colt 1911 xse i bought in 2015, had to have it, took it out once and it never saw daylight again. functioned fine...super accurate out of the box...just how it was. i could name a dozen more. and lets not talk about the must haves that have never been out of the box since the day their numbers were recorded at the time of sale. got a boxed glock 19 gen 4, never had the lid of the box opened since the day i brought it home from the shop. that was 10+ years ago. i figured why dirty it up, my gen 2 & 3 19's work fine, i'll keep shooting those. when i had only a couple of guns back in the day i'd bring them all out several times a week. now there's too many to drag out at one time.

I've never 50. maybe 300-400.
sometimes you don't realize they stuck right away.
sometimes a deal comes up and you need cash for it
I sold an AR with 2 rounds thru it. needed cash. badly.
a month later a better one fell into my lap, at much lower price

I sold a Springfield XDS .45 with only about 50 rounds through it. The slide bit the top of my hand when I fired it. The only other solution was to hold in an unsafe manner or wear gloves which I never do when shooting.

it was a really nice gun except for that. This is just something you don’t know until you fire it.

If not already said, because all MA approved guns suck!
Smart people will never own a gun with an MA SKU, unless you got it for nothing. Not that there are that many, anyways. Only Sig and S&W do that horseshit, maybe Kahr and one or two others.... lol.

Don't buy cheap crap.
It’s not always cost it’s about poorly informed decisions. For example an SW340PD is a very expensive revolver. Nobody that knows better would buy one. (between the pain of firing them and the tendency of the guns to blow up/fall apart. )

Does 50 rounds look much different vs 500 rounds?

I have two vehicles. Each gets driven about half the miles
If I had 20+ vehicles some would never get driven or low miles

I have stuff with very low round counts or no rounds through them yet.

Or, they have multiples, have checked function, and decided they don’t need it? Perhaps I lucked out? I bought a firearm just this week from another member who (will go unnamed) claimed it had 50 rounds through it. Well by golly if the thing wasn’t pristine! Heck, the copper grease was still on the rails. He certainly wasn’t flipping it and it’s not typically regarded as a POS, depending on who you ask.

Any number of reasons. If I had to rank the reasons, I'd say:

(1) The seller simply never got around to shooting the gun much and wants to liquidate the asset.

(2) Buyer's Remorse.

(3) Guys who are always making deals and trades and don't get too involved with that particular gun.

(4) Life (or death) gets in the way - new baby, liquidating to pay bills, medical issues, gun's in an estate sale or a relative sells the dead former owner's gun, loosing interest in shooting, never being very into shooting, etc.

(5) Seller wants something new or actually wanted that other gun in the first place.

I also don't believe sellers when they provide a round count absent other verifiable information, such as if I can tell the gun's not been shot much or I knew when the seller got the gun and how much he shot it. Did they really shoot only fifty round or was it 26 or 48 or 64 or 538?

Nawh. None of the above. The guy buys the gun after he promised the wife that he would not buy any more. She catches him at it and tells him that he won't get laid until he sells it. He shoots the one box of ammo that came with it and sells it the next day. You know who you are. Jack.

It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase...
Sometimes I get suckered by a great deal. Someones somebody died or getting divorced/married and they are dumping stuff cheap.

Back
Top Bottom