Why do I need to efa10 a SBR anyway

Pretty positive there are definitions for both rifle and pistol that apply to the USC at the time it is being cited in MGL.

If you really wanna be on the bleeding edge and get cute, then I’d think long and hard about what exactly the federal definitions are. Seems to me that If you had a firearm that was incontrovertibly NOT a rifle per federal definition, and also incontrovertibly NOT a pistol per federal definition, then you might have yourself something that is not subject to the AWB.

But as many have said, just because you’re right doesn’t mean the prosecutor isn’t going to ignore that version of reality and charge you with their own.
I’m suddenly very curious about the “others” that are so popular in CT, NY, and NJ and the status of such things federally in the late 90s. I had always assumed that the state definition of firearm had some bearing on that but this thread indicates otherwise.

As you point out it’s largely academic because a prosecutor will see anything that looks cool and charge you with a 131M violation and now you have to explain this to a judge who simply doesn’t care about this technicality.

My research came down to the “designed to be used by two hands” vs “designed to be used by one hand” definitions at the federal level. But as you note, it’s all semantics in practice, and a costly example of it for sure.

EOPS has given specific instructions to submit SBR’s as pistols with the FA10 since they do nit meet the requirements of a rifle per MGL. FWIW
I have no doubt what you are saying it true.

Can you please provide a link to that information. I never saw anything about SBR's.

I have no doubt what you are saying it true.

Can you please provide a link to that information. I never saw anything about SBR's.

No. Verbal conversations aren’t legal to record without the other party’s consent in MA.

Back
Top Bottom