• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why didn't Tiller carry a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we quit the "B...bbb.bbbbut he's an ABORTION DOCTOR comments?" They've already been done, and are only applicable to the point of this thread in that his particular line of work would be considered by some to be "high risk."

Good point.
This thread is to discuss a practical issue, not an ethical one.
Jumping into pro-choice/pro-life discussion wont bring anything but unneeded arguing. While talking of what a person in such or similar circumstances can do to protect himself is beneficial.
Finally, abortion docs aren't the only ones who can be targeted. Think of lab animal researchers or fur manufacturers.

abortion doctor or not, carrying or not, someone out to get you gets the drop on you and you're a dead man. end of story.

Yup. That would be a tough way to live. Sort of like what I imagine it would be like to be in the witness protection program after testifying against some bad guys- always looking over your shoulder, never able to relax. I wouldn't want that life. It's tough enough being paranoid about zombies!! [smile]

Yup. That would be a tough way to live. Sort of like what I imagine it would be like to be in the witness protection program after testifying against some bad guys- always looking over your shoulder, never able to relax. I wouldn't want that life. It's tough enough being paranoid about zombies!! [smile]

I think this is worse than witness protection. There they have an entire agency of the federal government to back them up. Here we have someone who was out in the open and exposed. He may not have appreciated it, or decided it was impossible to fret everything, but he was out there letting it all hang out on this. He basically could make it hard for those determined to do so to get him, but he was not going to make it impossible.

I think this is worse than witness protection. There they have an entire agency of the federal government to back them up. Here we have someone who was out in the open and exposed. He may not have appreciated it, or decided it was impossible to fret everything, but he was out there letting it all hang out on this. He basically could make it hard for those determined to do so to get him, but he was not going to make it impossible.

If I was his wife, I would also be his armed bodyguard. As I already pointed, if your life is that dangerous, it is a good idea to have someone you can rely on.

abortion doctor or not, carrying or not, someone out to get you gets the drop on you and you're a dead man. end of story.

You are absolutely 1000% right. +1 It's an obvious fact, but one that sometimes I think we all forget. A CCW only evens the odds, it doesn't make you the guaranteed winner in any situation, no matter how well-trained you may be.

If I was his wife, I would also be his armed bodyguard. As I already pointed, if your life is that dangerous, it is a good idea to have someone you can rely on

Dead on Yelena. and +1 to you as well. One of the great benefits of having a spouse who's as serious about RKBA as I am is that when the bad guys come, it's two guns, not just one.

After all, I might miss. And she's frankly as good a shot as I am. Call her "little lady" at your peril.

Not always the case as with the doctor at the pharmacy and at some convienience stores etc. that have had a gun pointed at them and still managed to come out of it alive.
Not a situation I would want to find myself in though.

Not always the case as with the doctor at the pharmacy and at some convienience stores etc. that have had a gun pointed at them and still managed to come out of it alive.
Not a situation I would want to find myself in though.

Apples and oranges. In the pharmacy, the bad guy's main concern was robbing the place. With Tiller, it was a straight up assassination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom