• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why did you buy your first gun?

lol, oh man, you guys... Yes, I wrote the article, no, not phishing. Relax.

Its part 1 of why I purchased my first firearm.

Take a deeeeep breath.

Basic story is... I knew a mentally ill dude who murdered his ex. Prompted me to buy first firearm. Self protection and all that.

Take a deeeeep breath.

Basic story is... I knew a mentally ill dude who murdered his ex. Prompted me to buy first firearm. Self protection and all that.

This post would have been sufficient...

I finally got into shooting when I was in college. Went through my permit process and picked up a p220 carry elite as my first gun. Bought it to carry and to shoot. Nothing really prompted me except for the fun of shooting, and it's my right.

shipwreck - DTOM

Well, it all began when my uncle Sam said son, you can join, or we'll draft you, give you firearms, teach you rhymes to recite in an effort to convince you that the firearms are really yours, teach you how to shoot, then send you to far away places where you will put into practice what we've taught you. After that, those firearms that he gave me, my uncle Sam took them back. Now I have my own for real. Funny thing is, as happy as my uncle Sam was back then, he's not happy at all about the firearms that I have today. No matter how many I get. There's just no way to please my uncle Sam.

Short answer: Zombies. Look around, look at where all the signs point. Documentaries like the walking dead, I am legend, 28 days later, etc show what can happen in other parts of the country, and any day it could happen here.

Do you really want to watch your family devoured by the un-dead, or worse, fall victim to the devious intentions of roaming gangs of marauders?

I simply needed to be a responsible boyfriend, and now husband and dog-dad.

Mike

Take a deeeeep breath.

We'll get on with it. I quit watching when I feel the audience is obviously being strung along...

We moved to a small rural new Hampshire town which doesn't always have a budget for 24/7 coverage so I figured a 12ga would be a good place to start. It snowballed from there. After selling/buying/trading for years and breaking pretty well even for the most part, I think I'm happy where I am. I now have a few pistols for various carry situations and a few long guns for hunting/plinking. I've stopped buying guns because I think they're cool or on a whim. I'm at a point where it just feels like a waste of money if I don't NEED it for a certain task or it doesn't allow me to do something that one of my current guns can't.

Back
Top Bottom