• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why Can't I Sell That Damn Upper?

If I had any extra cash I would have already grabbed it from you. Maybe if you still have it when I get my Christmas bonus...[sad2]

As the guy who bought the other upper from you, I'd say the reason is just that it's a costly upper. Don't get me wrong it's a smokin deal, just a big chunk of change in general.

That being said, I'm still considering it for another AR I'm building...

Too expensive, even despite the good components making it up.
What are the exact specs on the upper, including bbl lenght, rifling, chamber, the model #, etc...
Oh and a picture is worth a thousand words :)

I've seen the upper myself and if I had the funds or could trade for it I would do so in a heartbeat. For me its just the timing, as I suspect may be the same for other people. It is a very nice build and tempting offer though, no matter how you look at it.

I wanted it very much but I have streched myself financially and felt it would be going too much into debt, especially with winter and the heating bills around the corner.

What I have observed about the classified ads is that items priced $1,000 or below tend to move much quicker than ones priced above, even the deals are considered equally good.

$1,000 must trigger some magical 'reality check' chemicals in one's brain to give second thoughts about satisfying the gun habit. $975 for a partial gun might trigger the similar biological response too.[wink]

The Saber Barreled upper with the Troy Ind. for-end and flip up sights.
I have gotten some hits on this, however it has not sold. The upper is worth almost $1400.00.
The Sabre barrel is worth $365.00 by itself. The Troy parts are around $750.00, add a Stag upper, a gas block , gas tube, complete bolt/carrier and charging handle.
$975.00 is a steal and with all these NES lowers coming I thought this would sell as soon as it was posted.
What gives?
I am just trying to recoup my build costs. This was a special order that was not purchased.
JDL Sales

Does it have M4 feed ramps?

John,

I agree with those who say this is a great bargain but it's still a pretty big ticket item. From what I have seen over the past year or so, money for many people is tight. People looking for firearms, especially here on NES are ofen looking for trades rather than outright purchases.

Nothing wrong with the item or the price, just a sign of the current economic situation.

I think it's cause cash is tight. A lot of people, even those of us making good money, are squirreling cash away to pay for heating oil and stuff like that. If this was April or May you'd probably have it sold inside of a week or two. A lot of folks on the "gun or two a year" program have already bought their one or two guns by now. (I hate this program, FWIW, but I was on the gun or two a month program, and I was going broke doing it... [laugh] ) A lot of people take vacations in late july/august and extra cash gets burned up.

Hell, this month is a slump in a lot of industries. Even my consulting stuff I might get 2-3 calls this month, tops, normally I have that many in a week. I've even contemplated telling my customers that I won't do non-emergency calls the first 2 or so weeks of August, thats how slow it gets.

-Mike

I would have gobbled that bad boy up in a minute if I did not already have a budget set for our next build.

The person to blame for this situation is C-PHER! [rolleyes]

Him and his damn group buys have all of us that are green perpetually broke!

Kick his ass, shut down his group buys and some folks here will have the bucks to buy your upper . . . otherwise you may have to wait until his computer dies! [pot]

The photo should answer the feed ramp question. Yes.
You can see a photo of this upper in the dealer section under JDL Sales.
You can also see this and other uppers at www.jdlsales.net
By the way in answer to the statement about over $1000.00 this upper is priced below $1000.00 at $975.00.
attachment.php

Last edited:
In addition to the reasons given, I'd say that another one is that not many members browse the dealer forums.

My heating oil budget plan (10 months) went from $280/mo last year to $590/mo this year. Yes, that's and extra $310 PER MONTH for freaking oil. Hopefully as the price of oil has fallen recently I will be under budget next July and will get some cash back.

Plus my effing portfolio is down 21% in the past 6 months, erasing my gains and putting me 8% below my cost basis all up (CRAP!). Good thing those are mid-term investments. That is WITH the market rally today. I got so depressed I just plain stopped looking.

And I just started pricing a trip to St Thomas for next March! OUCH!

This economy sucks!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom