Why can't I get good training like this?

Nice. The instructor is down range telling all the students to point their guns at him while he's pointing his gun back at them.. what could possibly go wrong....

Nice. The instructor is down range telling all the students to point their guns at him while he's pointing his gun back at them.. what could possibly go wrong....
I lost it when I realized they were all dry firing back at him.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It makes me wonder if these are legitimate trainers, and if they are who trained them?

What's the problem, guys? That's how real operators train. You have to have the drop leg holsters and thrust your pelvis toward the target, though. Those are crucial....lolol

How'd you like to be in the front row with total strangers in the row behind you drawing and dry firing at the back of your head?

Right

I don't get how there's so many repeated dry fires without resetting the spring?? Am I oblivious to something....

Near the beginning of the video, it sounded like someone questioned him about where his firearm was pointed and he essentially said, "oh, it's OK...see it's empty". JFC [sad2]

Love the part about snapping the pistol back.[laugh]
[video=youtube_share;wzwVXA9J620]http://youtu.be/wzwVXA9J620[/video]

Some people think treating the 4 rules as absolute and inviolate goes too far and isn't really necessary.

Some people also stick forks in electrical sockets and vote Democrat.

There's a reason for following four simple safety rules every time, all the time. There's a subtle genius to it. Any one of them alone will not likely lead to catastrophe - willfully violating several at once likely will. "Treat every weapon as loaded regardless of perceived or actual condition", in and of itself, will keep you from killing things you didn't mean to, whether people, furniture, drywall, flat screen TV's, or houseplants. If you absolutely have to be drawn down on each other for a particular training to be effective, maybe a non-gun is called for? Or better yet, maybe a "let's step back and think about this for a minute".

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people think treating the 4 rules as absolute and inviolate goes too far and isn't really necessary.

Some people also stick forks in electrical sockets and vote Democrat.

There's a reason for following four simple safety rules every time, all the time. There's a subtle genius to it. Any one of them alone will not likely lead to catastrophe - willfully violating several at once likely will. "Treat every weapon as loaded regardless of perceived or actual condition", in and of itself, will keep you from killing things you didn't mean to, whether people, furniture, drywall, flat screen TV's, or houseplants. If you absolutely have to be drawn down on each other for a particular training to be effective, maybe a non-gun is called for? Or better yet, maybe a "let's step back and think about this for a minute".

Given enough time I could probably produce corner case reasons why you might want to do risky things during advanced training (for example, the need to shoot targets beyond other good guys) the problem is that most of the time when you see it from crappy trainers it's usually in a context where it's not necessary and just needlessly increases risk- That's what's the most mind numbing about this stuff.

I noticed he started by checking everyone's gun and mag, and touching each (it was as if he was blessing them "blessed be thouh art unloaded").

It's a different mindset that allows for the concept of pointing an unloaded gun, and one quite foreign to the US civilian thinking of "treat all guns as if they are loaded all the time". There was a cop in RI a few years ago who was killed because an officer in a training exercise did not follow this simple rule.

It's not suicidal; just operating on a different point on the risk/benefit curve that most of us, including myself, choose to occupy.

I noticed he started by checking everyone's gun and mag, and touching each (it was as if he was blessing them "blessed be thouh art unloaded").

It's a different mindset that allows for the concept of pointing an unloaded gun, and one quite foreign to the US civilian thinking of "treat all guns as if they are loaded all the time". There was a cop in RI a few years ago who was killed because an officer in a training exercise did not follow this simple rule.

It's not suicidal; just operating on a different point on the risk/benefit curve that most of us, including myself, choose to occupy.

Rob, I agree quite foreign about pointing a loaded or unloaded gun.

With that in mind who would volunteer to be the cameraman in this video?

The 4 safety rules are mostly absolute... this of course is over the top stupid but the mil for example does plenty of force on force training with BFAs and real weapons. Ive seen that almost go terribly wrong once too, fortunately the kid was a terrible shot.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

"Treat every weapon as loaded regardless of perceived or actual condition"
Which works wonders if you holster a gun without checking it and later find out you have been carrying an unloaded weapon.

Back
Top Bottom