1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Why are you still here??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dwarven1, Mar 22, 2007.

?
  1. Don't want to leave family

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Don't want to leave friends

17 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Don't want to get chased out by the liberals

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Afraid of starting over somewhere else

7 vote(s)
    8.4%
  5. Love my job too much to leave

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  6. Spouse won't leave

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  7. Can't afford to move

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  8. planning my escape even as we speak...

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  9. I already left

7 vote(s)
    8.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Miserai

Miserai

im 17 and cant move away for another few months and i cant afford to anyway.

2. Twigg

Twigg NES Member

For starters, the house is paid for. [smile]

I'm kinda-sorta semi-retired being a part-time SAHD for my son. I really, really, really, dont want to get back into sales again. I love it but I love my family more.

MrsTwigg has an extended family here and in N.H. so if things get really bad moving *might* be an option.

I'd have to be sneaky about it and buy a parcel of land for "a weekend cabin" to get her to move. [smile]

3. Cptn5spd

Cptn5spd

Hmmm, few things I enjoy keep me here. Skiing, fishing, spring, summer, fall, winter, Redsox, snow, Boston, NH, RI, MA, ME, Patriots, good job in Marlborough, tons of friends, Bruins, Samuel Adams, Dynamite, Celtics, Maine lobster, own property here... I think that is it for now.

4. daveInME

daveInME Guest

escaped 7 years ago.
    my wife and I sold our stock options 3 months before the market tanked in '99
    (can you spell dumb luck?) paid off all our bills and ran to Maine.

5. FITH

FITH

CAN NOT leave my daughter (5 1/2yrs old)
    Like a few of you out there ....have to wait alittle longer..I enjoy being a DAD too much not to be able to see her every week!!!! So a visitation commute from NH or Me...out of the question!!!!

6. stoneypete

stoneypete

5 years ago, my wife and I were offered a paid "get out of MA" free card, when my company offered me a job in Indiana. We turned it down for family. I am now the only member of my siblings left in MA. However my brother-in-law is a resident in The Brockton Association of Retarded Citizens (BARC) program. Leaving him behind would be hard on him and my wife.

I also don't want to leave my friends. I live in the same town I grew up in.

I don't want to be chased out by liberals.

There is a fear of starting over factor.

And I really can't afford to right now.

Having said all that, we're gone as soon as my girls graduate. 10 years and we're outta here. Going someplace warm.

7. Producer

Producer NES Member

5th generation cape codder here. Plus child visitation.

But in 8 years, thats it.

8. chuckster

chuckster

I'm stuck here for two more years. When I'm 60yo I plan on retiring. The wife & I hope to move to either N.H. or the Carolina's. Can't wait. [grin]
    Chuck

9. Mass-diver

Mass-diver NES Member

As bad as the laws are, it's just not bad enough to push my family and me out yet. Afterall I have a carry permit, I have 3 glocks, I have an AR-15...things could be worse I guess.

10. SiameseRat

SiameseRat

We can't afford to leave now. Patrick has a good job with great benefits, plus he's in the middle of working on his degree. My sister is 2 miles away so that's a bonus. The laws suck, the taxes suck, the cost of living sucks. We just can't leave right now.

11. 2000GM

2000GM

Eventually, I plan on escaping to NH. Right now I'm in the area I grew up in and know very well. I grew up with my friends in these woods around here on our bikes and later, our dirt bikes and ATVs. My parents and in-laws are just a few mintes away....easy babysitting for free. That's about it.

12. Tater

Tater

I'm divorced and my daughter is here.. I could pick up and leave the friends, mom and pop, my sister but I can't be more then 10 miles from my daughter... if she moved to Alaska... I'd be on a plane that day... so Until the ex wife moves out of this communist state I'm stuck here...

13. Lynne

Lynne

My mom's 86. I can't leave her for my brother to take care of completely. We kind of share doing things for her and my conscious would be bothered if I packed up and left him to deal with her alone. As long as mom's alive, I'm here. After that, all bets are off.

14. jamz

jamz

I left a couple of years ago after spending most all of my life in MA. My reasons were all financial and family related though (wife's family lives in ME) and we were pretty outpriced in MA. When it came to moving, you could eithre go two hours east to find affordable housing... or two hours north and get all the freedoms there.

Serendipitously, I became aware of firearms rights in about 2003, and realized what a hole MA was, just as we were realizing that we had to leave, and that out of state was a good option. So needless to say, I didn't argue. [grin]

15. SemiAutoSam

SemiAutoSam Banned

We in the PRC ( Calguns.net ) also get asked such questions from boards such as AR15.com and boards that are nation wide. If HR 1022 passes we will get to ask them why are you still here. LOL.

I noticed the outage here as well as I log on a few times a week and it was very dead the last few times I made an attempt to log on.