"Why Are People So Obsessed With The Second Amendment?"

It is one of the few things holding this country together at this moment, and they only one making they others relevant.
take away the 2nd and watch they others free fall.

Dean

I don't want to read it either, but I know enough that as others have stated, the 2nd is the backbone of the bill of rights/constitution.

We're NOT obsessed with the 2A. It's the left progressives (communists) that are obsessed with 2A. If they would quit bring it up I'd be delighted to not have to antagonize/smack them with a newspaper on the nose over it. But as long as they keep bring it up I'll continue to give them shit about it.

I'd ask Vanessa "why are people so obsessed with the 19th Amendment," which was clearly a huge mistake.

The 2nd Amendment is the only reason we do not have a commie dictatorship. And that is the reason the left hates it so much, and wants it gone.

Stopped reading HuffPost. Pretty much everything I see there is garbage filled with un-backed "facts" pull from their derriere

I think the Host understands that if one Amendment is taken away others are at risk. For Example the 1St that she cares so much about.

I always tell my son that the Founding Fathers thought it was so important they put it 2nd right after Freedom of Speech because without either 1 or 2 the country wouldn't have lasted 50 years.

I know more NES-folk who read PuffHo than IRL people who even know what it is.

Think about that for a minute and prioritize accordingly. I don't know a single liberal who ever sends out links to PuffHo.

Last edited:
HP is the Business Insider of the left wing.

The good news is, HuffPo is losing popularity with just 86 million unique visitors last month, or about double what Business Insider gets.
I don't know a single liberal who ever sends out links to PuffHo.
True, "liberals" aren't their best audience, given their most shared (+1 million shares) stories as reported by buzzsumo.

Last edited:
I know more NES-folk who read PuffHo than IRL people who even know what it is.

Think about that for a minute and prioritize accordingly. I don't know a single liberal who ever sends out links to PuffHo.
I have found that people on the left never read or view anything on the right and don't understand how there can be a divergent view. We have to keep confronting them-my own approach is to play stupid and ask them "How does that work?" or "who will pay for that?" and force them to think about their positions. I have honestly found that, if you have enough time,(unfortunately I am talking years with co-workers) you can bring them around. I don't think this will save the republic as I think it is already lost, but one does what one can.

It is one of the few things holding this country together at this moment, and they only one making they others relevant.
take away the 2nd and watch they others free fall.

Dean

Ummm, there are blatant 1st, 4th and 5th amendment violations that occur on a daily basis.

We are beyond ****ed. our guns won't fix our debt or bring jobs back home, much less prevent these violations since NO ONE is standing for their rights when the gov rolls up with their guns.

They'll go after V8s and fun to drive cars soon enough.

The BOR is/was a part of the Original package to accept the Constitution by the Colonies. Some people think scrapping a piece of it , like the 2A , shakes the foundation of the whole deal - the legitimacy of the government as a whole.

Add the fact that antis never ever never ever explain the lies they tell to persuade us , they just create new ones. Not a good start to " common sense discussions."

And after decades of one sided " compromise" the standard response is becoming : Because FY that's why.

why are people so obsessed with rights? Oh i dont know, we like the idea of being free? I know its crazy thought but some of us are crazy afterall

I'm not obsessed, I just have enough sense to pay attention to history and history tells me leaving all the firepower in the hands of govt. and criminals which history has shown that sooner or latter they become pretty much the same thing is a very dangerous & deadly thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom