Why are guns sooo fake in movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guns in the movies are no more 'fake' than fist fights in the movies or love stories in the movies or crime labs in the movies or sports in the movies or any of those things. We just don't sit around picking apart the other things.

ETA you're watching predator and your worried about the GUNS being fake?

I can't remember what movie it was I saw recently but the Guy turned off the safety on a Glock and they put in a fake movie "snick" sound. Lame.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How many times does a person rack a shotgun from scene to scene without firing? Before he even gets to fire it the shells would be gone.

And 1911's with the hammer down? Not doing a lot of good trying to pull the trigger. At least my hero Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil has her 1911's setup right. Yes, they're stupid movies, but she's hot, at least to me.

How many times does a person rack a shotgun from scene to scene without firing? Before he even gets to fire it the shells would be gone.

And 1911's with the hammer down? Not doing a lot of good trying to pull the trigger. At least my hero Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil has her 1911's setup right. Yes, they're stupid movies, but she's hot, at least to me.
Does she have fake boobs?

I can't remember what movie it was I saw recently but the Guy turned off the safety on a Glock and they put in a fake movie "snick" sound. Lame.

That was in the opening gunfight in "The Walking Dead". Rick tells the nervous Deputy to make sure he has a round in the chamber and that his safety is off. So the guy chambers a round and hits the slide lock lever, not to release the slide which is already forward, but to take the "safety" off.

[banghead]

What predator is fake, i really thought the govenator really hunted down and space alien and had jessie the body ventura help him, thanks for ruining my night jerkface

Last edited:

Check out the movie Stone. Nothing to do with firearms, but a lot of Milla.

Millia is so hot. Easily my Hollywood crush. Ever since 5th element and definitely sealed the deal with resident evil. Also, if you like fake guns, check out the new movie the town with ben affleck. The .223 will go right through walls and cars with no problem, but the 7.62x39 shoots like .22 magnum

The most realistic guns in movies tend to be Westerns where starts like Tom Selleck, Ed Harris, Sam Elliott, Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner insist on it.

My wife can't watch movies with me cause I either call out the lack of continuity or the way people handle guns.

Ditto here. I've always been WAY too analytical, but lately it's just been out of control. I'm not sure I've seen even one firearm on tv lately that was handled properly (whether unsafe, unrealistic, or just plain wrong).
As others have mentioned, the ubiquitous racking of the slide -- it seems like no matter how often they shoot the gun, there's never a round chambered, eh?

In Predator, you can actually see the modifications to the guns (blank firing adapter, I think). Any time Ahnuld sweeps the camera with his M209, pause and check the muzzle. And the minigun that Jesse carries is awesome just for the fact that they got it to work (even if it actually required an external power system and has huge cables coming off it that you can see when Mac is trying to hit the Predator). I'm just glad they didn't call every rifle an AK.

One awful movie that had really good gun work (aside from the insane muzzle flash) was I Am Legend IMO -- Will Smith handles the firearm with great trigger discipline and everything. Someone coached him very well.

... -- Will Smith handles the firearm with great trigger discipline and everything. Someone coached him very well.

...OR...he's a gun owner. I'd bet he is.

Lots of stars are anti-gun only for everyone else (not sure about Smith's stand on guns).

Ditto here. I've always been WAY too analytical, but lately it's just been out of control. I'm not sure I've seen even one firearm on tv lately that was handled properly (whether unsafe, unrealistic, or just plain wrong).
As others have mentioned, the ubiquitous racking of the slide -- it seems like no matter how often they shoot the gun, there's never a round chambered, eh?

True, True. I can't stand a so called FBI agent walking into a bad scenario with no round in the chamber. Racking a round is all Hollywood sound efx etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom