Why Am I Not Allowed To Use Classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any explanation why I have to pay $21 on this forum before I'm allowed to use the Classifieds? Literally no other forum does this.

you can view and buy stuff but you have to be a paid member to sell. It's one of the paid member benefits for this site.

Any explanation why I have to pay $21 on this forum before I'm allowed to use the Classifieds? Literally no other forum does this.

It's to prevent folks who don't contribute either content (I.e. Some guy who's only post is bitching about the classifieds) or financially from using the forum as their personal Craigslist.

Because that's how the guy who OWNS the forum wants it, that's why. Obviously many of us don't have an issue with this.

Hint: You don't have any First Amendment rights here; this board is private property (just like Farcebook). Do feel free to set up your own gun forum 12 years ago and let it mature into the giant site this one is now. That's what Derek did. His site; his rules.

Or use Armslist. Or Gunbroker. Or GunsAmerica. Or MeWe.

Fantastic that they joined today and this is the first post. The only distiction I might make is that only the seller can reply or add new posts to their want to sell ad. So I couldn't look at someone's for sale and ask a question within the thread.

If this person is literally asking why they need to pay in order to post something to sell, well... IBTL

Fantastic that they joined today and this is the first post. The only distiction I might make is that only the seller can reply or add new posts to their want to sell ad. So I couldn't look at someone's for sale and ask a question within the thread.

If this person is literally asking why they need to pay in order to post something to sell, well... IBTL

Can always pm. I can imagine the shitshow wts threads would turn info if anyone could post. " You want how much for THAT?", which morphs into a 100 post free market debate. "Dude, you've been bumping for a.year and a.half, no one wants it."

Can always pm. I can imagine the shitshow wts threads would turn info if anyone could post. " You want how much for THAT?", which morphs into a 100 post free market debate. "Dude, you've been bumping for a.year and a.half, no one wants it."

i'm still in consideration on that 'Florbert Parlor Rifle' that's been in the classifieds since my join date 5 years ago...i'm just gauging interest for resale before I make an offer.

IBTL

A seller too cheap to put up the membership.... I'll pass.

+1 to Derek's house Derek's rules.

Because if you're going to make money from the resources of a site then they should be compensated. Probably cuts down on fake ads as well but that's just an added benefit.

Besides the private forum 'like it or leave it' situation, it's a pretty good way to filter out the spammers, scammers, and other human detritus that would clog up the site's classifieds with the type of crap one must weed through in an uncontrolled forum.

I'm guilty of bitching about the endless bumps for grossly overpriced items, but I have found some smoking deals on this forum and had a few successful sales as well. I've even found a few very special couple bucket list guns. You may or may not have something decent to list, but a very large majority of members will be supportive of the pay to play and will not be sympathetic to bitching about the modest annual fee.

Don't bother going green. You just outed yourself as a cheap ass prick. I'll never buy from you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't bother going green. You just outed yourself as a cheap ass prick. I'll never buy from you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lol, yow! I sense that thomas may be creating a new username if he decides to stick around. Pretty low investment since it was post #1, I suppose.

If this were my forum it would now cost you $30 to join "just for askin".

But that's just me, and I sense tone in everybody's posts...

Oh, and IBTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been Green for about 8 years now . . . .

• Approximately 2920 days
  • Approximately 2944 posts
  • That's about 5.5 ¢ per day and post
  • This doesn't include thousands of views
  • That's about the same as one round of .22 LR per day
  • Honestly, if Derek needed it, I'd pay $121.00 a year to be Green
  • I can't think of a better "Value" in my life, 5.5 ¢ per day is a no brainer

It's only $19 if you pay by check...about 5 cents a day.

Maybe firearms is not something OP should get into????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom