• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why am I constantly logged out every few minutes?

beaker

NES Member
All of a sudden I am being logged out every few minutes. This happened after a password reset, so it may have something to do with that. Any ideas? Any help of course is greatly appreciated.

I get logged out often when I click on a link and read that article. When reopen the tab for NES I'm out and have to log in. So, I'll watch this thread for an answer.

ok, it seemed to help, but I am still being logged out after a (now longer) but still short time...

This has been happening to me since I joined years ago. This happened with Microsoft IE, now that I use Google Chrome I have no issues.

This ultimately points to a cookie issue with your machine. I wish I could troubleshoot each case individually, but because it only happens to a very small minority of users, there is little I can do.

In almost all cases, changing to a new browser will fix the issue.

So wait, I'm a minority? Kewl dewd I thought I was like the whitest guy ever!

I have been having this same problem since I had my computer crash a few months ago. I believe shorty is right though, it's a cookies issue.

I use chrome. I was being logged out after a few minutes all the time. I just made it go away last night. I got rid of all cookies, purged cache to the beginning of time, and kept login information and that fixed it. It was really annoying. If you try firefox/waterfox, there is an option to bring the cookies over, it brings over the bad cookie and you have the same problem.

All of a sudden I am being logged out every few minutes. This happened after a password reset, so it may have something to do with that. Any ideas? Any help of course is greatly appreciated.

You don't get the hint? We don't like you anymore. Now shoo. Scat. [smile]

So wait, I'm a minority? Kewl dewd I thought I was like the whitest guy ever!

I have been having this same problem since I had my computer crash a few months ago. I believe shorty is right though, it's a cookies issue.

cookiemonster.jpg

Heh...I'm running FF 19.0.2 and it only started happening after I changed my password.

I may go back to the old one for the hell of it.

The consistent fix seems to be a complete wipe of your cookies/cache.

I have this problem as well but thought it was just me. thanks for the heads up.BTW I sent my membership fee and still not green. Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom