• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why all the fuss about wives/girlfriends not liking guns?

My wife objected until we went to the liquor store and I whipped it out and demanded all the cash from the register. I said, "See honey, this thing is a money maker!"

Not only did we get spending money for the weekend, but the 30 pack of Nattie Light was free too!

Now she is cool with it.

Damn George! I thought you used a pen, not a gun!

[rofl]

Doesn't anybody here remember the old saying:

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

My wife is amazed how many firearms I've won in free NES raffles. Dozens in the last year alone...

Damn impressive how lucky I've been...

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Might make sense for guys that live with their Mom.[smile]

Someday grasshopper you may learn the difference between Mom and Momma.

Or you just may perish when the ant refuses to take you in during the winter.

I think they should all just tell their women that they are going to buy guns and keep them in the house, and if they don't like it, they can STFU and get back in the kitchen and make dinner.

+1

pic021.jpg

I don't understand why some people think they can allow or forbid their partner to do/purchase things. I don't think that is part of a good relationship. I can't be involved with a man that doesn't want me to be me, or a man that doesn't have the sack to be himself.

What she said.

Telling your partner "You can't have a gun" OR "I'm getting a gun no matter what you say" is doing the same behavior (dictating to someone else) just with different words. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a communication problem that I still don't think "man up" resolves. [thinking]

very well said.

Except one is an attempt to take a way a right based on fear and the other is a statement that you will be keeping and exercising that right. I don't think they are the same at all really. ^^

Guns came up once with my present wife. We were dating, coming into a parking garage in Boston, late winter night. A couple of savory dudes standing by the entrance, she puts both arms around my right arm, pushing onto my hip..."what's that?"...."my gun. swing over to the left side, ok"
"yup, no sweat".

never mentioned again. [smile]

Guns came up once with my present wife. We were dating, coming into a parking garage in Boston, late winter night. A couple of savory dudes standing by the entrance, she puts both arms around my right arm, pushing onto my hip..."what's that?"...."my gun. swing over to the left side, ok"
"yup, no sweat".

never mentioned again. [smile]

So did you find the dudes savory or did she?
I think the word you're looking for is unsavory (although there's nothing wrong with that) [laugh]

i assure you, i mean "a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same level of intelligence.", not the Blue Whale Genitalia....

haha I know I know but I learned the true meaning not too long ago and it made me giggle.

Long story short, I guess my best plan of action is to explain that if she does move here, it will not change my carrying a firearm. So for all you other members who followed my threads about her and told me something along the lines of: "Do whatever it takes to be with her! Life is too short and true love only comes once!", what would you suggest if she refuses to live with a man who carries a gun?

The gun carrying lunatics here on NES (myself included) know and understand all the reasons why someone could want to carry concealed. In a straightforward way, free of any hints of power-struggle-within-the-relationship type phrases or behavior, tell her how you feel. Most women love talking about your feelings [laugh]. But seriously, she needs to know so that she can see where you're coming from.

Just tell her that's the way we do it here. That'd be like you going to live with her in Ireland and demanding that there be no alcohol in the house.

[rofl]

And btw, I bet there are plenty of guns in Ireland, just not in the best hands.

Yup. If criminals can get guns in jail, they can get them anywhere else. If you live in a developed country, chances are you've been in the presence of carried guns; their legality and visibility are separate issues.

He's still not wild about me carrying, but that comes down to the fact that he's an optimist and I'm a pessimist, and he doesn't see a need to carry.

Heck, there's a lot of gun owners who don't see the need to carry, or to have their guns ready for defense in the home.

Heck, there's a lot of gun owners who don't see the need to carry, or to have their guns ready for defense in the home.

Strangely enough, I wasn't losing sleep before owning a gun but now that I do, I was very uncomfortable with the fact that I didn't have a gun vault and couldn't keep it "ready". I was literally in bed thinking "what if".... So I bought a Gun Vault 2000 and now I sleep comfortably again haha. The fiancee thought she would defend herself with her .22 and then shot my M&P9 and decided she'd go for that instead if it's ever necessary (thank god)

my girlfriend wasn't too fond of the guns i inherited, or the ones i bought, so i took her down to the gun club with a mutual friend and taught her to shoot some trap... she blew the 3rd bird out of the air and jumped up and down with my Mossy 500 out of excitment... after that she was pretty much neutral on the subject... she did however scare off a creepy guy on the streets of worcester (where she goes to school) by telling him "my 6 foot 3 gun-toting boyfriend is on his way to pick me up" [smile]

in 9 month's i'll see what she has to say about carrying, but im sure she wont have a problem with it....
Congrats!

EDIT: Just read some posts AFTER this....still congrats but I'm not buying you any cigars!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom