• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's that guy on your squad?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If he’s on a ’national terror list’, he has his Ltc? How is that suitable?
National Terror List. And he's walking around and not at Gitmo. LOL. Forget the LTC. Let's talk about "on a list."

You ever see the scent of a woman on weed???
I walked past a hippie chick that smelled like Patchouli once. Does that count?

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Re: pocket/ankle carry of a hot gun. To what end? I'm standing there as a competitor with a gun on my hip and two loaded mags in a pouch. I'll bet anything I can draw, load, chamber, and engage before I could wrestle a pocket gun out or get one off my ankle.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Re: pocket/ankle carry of a hot gun. To what end? I'm standing there as a competitor with a gun on my hip and two loaded mags in a pouch. I'll bet anything I can draw, load, chamber, and engage before I could wrestle a pocket gun out or get one off my ankle.
That's why this whole thing is rubber lipper phantasm, hostess security guard type stuff. Anyone stupid enough to do something is going to get vaped/smoked by that guy on your squad that can basically sneeze and have a loaded gun in his hand.

On a scale of dumb a BG going to a competitive shooting match to instigate a confrontation is about 11/10, where robbing a gun store is a 10/10.

-Mike

nstassel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A match with 90 other competent pistol shots all of whom have 3-5 loaded mags at the ready is not a place where I feel a need to have a hot pocket gun. OTOH, I feel we are very much vulnerable to a robbery scenario when we're alone at the range with several guns that the baddies would love to get their hands on.

Cuz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A match with 90 other competent pistol shots all of whom have 3-5 loaded mags at the ready is not a place where I feel a need to have a hot pocket gun. OTOH, I feel we are very much vulnerable to a robbery scenario when we're alone at the range with several guns that the baddies would love to get their hands on.
Lets be honest now, they're not all competent pistol shots. But fortunately they'll make up for that by having 6 mags on their belt.

Eric H

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets be honest now, they're not all competent pistol shots. But fortunately they'll make up for that by having 6 mags on their belt.
Accuracy by volume is the best volume.

Honestly, when I first read the title to this thread I thought it was about "that guy" who probably knows some other guy, who knows this other guy who may know certain things. So the original guy in question knows enough to be dangerous and they feel the need to pester people about silly things that they know. Also they give uninvited advice to others about how they should shoot better but can't figure out why he can't shoot so well because "this is how we were taught in our special academy over seas that no one can know about," oh and makes sure you know that Glock in your hand is illegal in MA.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do seem to remember some guy shot himself in the leg at one of the last of the Winter Nats @ S&W, and yup....it was on the "hot" bay.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OTOH, I feel we are very much vulnerable to a robbery scenario when we're alone at the range with several guns that the baddies would love to get their hands on.
I dunno...I'm guessing a robber would look at my stuff, mutter to himself "Jesus Christ, poor bastard, what a pile of junk" laugh and throw me $20.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lol. So overreaching government upset that citizen doesn't like them. Got it. I see no issue here other than gun range rules are sometimes retarded.
This is true. However, it occurred to me after my club had added a few new rules, that it was because the number of morons that were members had reached critical mass, and it was time to join a new club. I was on the indoor range and had several handguns with me. I had the whole range to myself, which was not uncommon, and decided to police some of my brass. I just happened to look up and could not believe how many holes were in the ceiling. This was 5' from the firing line.
I remember thinking, how on earth does this happen? Then I imagined some tool bag rapid firing his 40, losing control after 3 rounds and continuing to dump 7 into the ceiling.

A couple of weeks later, I was on the same range with my son, who was 16 at the time. We had been there about an hour and a half, and were just wrapping it up when another shooter showed up. He started unpacking his stuff and I said hello and told him we were just going to sweep up our brass, and he would have the whole range to himself. He was about 5 lanes away, my son was down range a few feet, kneeling down with a dust pan and broom getting the last few pieces of brass when the ass whole sent a target down range and started firing. He couldn't see my son because of the dividers, but I was furious. I was well behind the line putting my guns into my gun case.
When I yelled "Cease Fire!" he stopped and turned around and immediately realized his mistake. It scared the shit out of my son. Dumb ass.
Not long after that I got an email from the club saying there was a new rule for the rifle ranges requiring chamber flags on all of the outdoor ranges due to "recent incidents"

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This is true. However, it occurred to me after my club had added a few new rules, that it was because the number of morons that were members had reached critical mass, and it was time to join a new club. I was on the indoor range and had several handguns with me. I had the whole range to myself, which was not uncommon, and decided to police some of my brass. I just happened to look up and could not believe how many holes were in the ceiling. This was 5' from the firing line.
I remember thinking, how on earth does this happen? Then I imagined some tool bag rapid firing his 40, losing control after 3 rounds and continuing to dump 7 into the ceiling.

A couple of weeks later, I was on the same range with my son, who was 16 at the time. We had been there about an hour and a half, and were just wrapping it up when another shooter showed up. He started unpacking his stuff and I said hello and told him we were just going to sweep up our brass, and he would have the whole range to himself. He was about 5 lanes away, my son was down range a few feet, kneeling down with a dust pan and broom getting the last few pieces of brass when the ass whole sent a target down range and started firing. He couldn't see my son because of the dividers, but I was furious. I was well behind the line putting my guns into my gun case.
When I yelled "Cease Fire!" he stopped and turned around and immediately realized his mistake. It scared the shit out of my son. Dumb ass.
Not long after that I got an email from the club saying there was a new rule for the rifle ranges requiring chamber flags on all of the outdoor ranges due to "recent incidents"
Holy shit... I don't know what stopped you from choking him to death on the spot. Glad your son is ok

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But will you face jail time? Concealed is concealed. I carry when doing any sport, I’ll be darned if I’m going to disarm at a range.
Doubtful.
DQ'd more than likely or a "hey, go lock that in your car", unless you have that one cop or rules nazi on your squad that wants to make a big deal out of it.

This guy. This is how you get holes in the ceiling.
Can't find the original vid, but this is the guy that would bring targets up knife-swipe and ccq shoot and all that. You can see it in the pictures.
Never go full retard at the indoor range.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0

I was at my local range a number of years ago when this older dude fired a couple rounds from his AR with 2 guys at the 100 yard berm! It was me and another guy chatting and we both had our backs turned to the guy with his AR. I had no hearing protection on either which hurt like hell with 5.56 going off. The guys down range were livid but didn't beat the old guy's ass for what he did. Needless to say that member was banned shortly after that incident.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Holy shit... I don't know what stopped you from choking him to death on the spot. Glad your son is ok
That was my initial reaction. But honestly, the guy was absolutely mortified and immediately began to apologize. The guy fired, I yelled "Cease Fire!" and my son stood up in the same instant, coming into view and stepping behind the firing line. When he fired, my son was not in his line of sight. I know this is no excuse, just relaying the circumstance.
The guy turned as white as a ghost, started apologizing profusely and repeating "Oh my God". The guy put his firearm down and rushed towards my son and I could see the guy trembling. He saw us both behind him, but did not see my son grab the dust pan and broom and walk back to sweep up. He honestly thought we were BOTH still behind him. He was really shaken up. Way more than my son was. I was still angry and remember say something to the effect of "JFC are you f***ing kidding me!" but I calmed down pretty quickly when I saw his reaction. He was shaking like a leaf. We packed up to leave and as we were pulling away I saw the guy exit the clubhouse.
As we were driving home my son said " I don't think we should mention this to Mom". Then a few minutes later he said " Gunfire is much louder when you are in front of the shooter" and I gave him that "Really?" look. And he said "Oh yeah, you know that from the Marine Corps". I said" yeah, and it is way louder when you don't have foam earplugs in."

I was at my local range a number of years ago when this older dude fired a couple rounds from his AR with 2 guys at the 100 yard berm! It was me and another guy chatting and we both had our backs turned to the guy with his AR. I had no hearing protection on either which hurt like hell with 5.56 going off. The guys down range were livid but didn't beat the old guy's ass for what he did. Needless to say that member was banned shortly after that incident.
That is inexcusable. If you can see the guys downrange you shouldn't even be touching your firearm.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It takes very little more than nothing at all to get on various lists. Zero actual evidence. No probable cause. A name that is similar is enough. A name that is common but exact does it for certain.

There was a federal judge in Chicago that flew to the Caribbean for vacation. When she went to board her return flight she had been added to the Do Not Fly list. Because she was connected it got sorted out fast. For you and I, we would have to go through the beaurocracy and I think they've made how the process works of removing someone wrongly added to the list classified now. A perfect Catch 22.

Top Bottom