Who's that guy on your squad?

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I shot an IDPA match Saturday at one of my "other clubs". Not my local club, but one I shoot at about once a month (their IDPA matches). I've been shooting matches there for about three years and there's overlap between that club and mine - so I know a bunch of the shooters and all of the SO's.

There were probably forty-five competitors there, and maybe a dozen spectators (wives, girlfriends and the occasional kid). I probably knew about 30 of them from shooting with them, and a couple others were easy to categorize. For example I had three active service members on my squad, one of whom had just returned home from a tour, another who was attached to the Ranger battalion here.

I was reloading my mags after a stage, and BSing with Jim, (another SO I know), when all of a sudden he says "What's that a**h*** doing here?". Huh? I look at him, and ask "who? why?". Jim's a bit older than I am, and he's not diplomatic - but he's really straight forward - you know where you stand with him.

He tells me that the guy he's looking at hasn't been there in a couple of years, and is on the national terror list. I just kind of blink - and ask "how do you know that?". He then tells me that he and two other SO's I know were all interviewed by the FBI about this guy. Apparently he did a lot of social media posting about it being a good thing to shoot cops, and belonged to a couple of groups who advocate and engage in violence. Per Jim, the FBI also told him that this guy had spent a year in Libya and attracted the attention of the State Department.

Jim went on to tell me that the SO's of that club held a meeting after the three SO's were interviewed about this guy - and then went to the board - who issued a quiet declaration that SO's could stay hot on our normally cold range - in case something really went sideways.

Normally when you hear this kind of stuff - you take it with a grain of salt, (sometimes a teaspoon). I can't really convey to you in writing who Jim is; but I absolutely believe him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just paste up his targets before scoring Double Mike. He'll just give up and leave, become a vegan and post videos of himself sawing his guns in half as "doing his part".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never seen or heard about something like this. Then again I try to stay away from gun club BS. And I live in RI.

I'll put it this way, I know everyone I compete with/against by face if not by name.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
If the guy is such a threat why hasn't the FBI done something? To go around interviewing various people including SO's yet they haven't bothered to even go to the local CLEO sounds very fishy indeed.
Do they never learn from their mistakes? Strike that.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
He then tells me that he and two other SO's I know were all interviewed by the FBI about this guy. Apparently he did a lot of social media posting about it being a good thing to shoot cops, and belonged to a couple of groups who advocate and engage in violence. Per Jim, the FBI also told him that this guy had spent a year in Libya and attracted the attention of the State Department.
(Sniff...sniff) Huh. Something smells like bullshit around here...

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sounds like someone's jealous that that guy is the local hot dog and cleans up during the match. Sounds like the ROs are a little too competitive...just because they can't beat the guy doesn't mean they need to get the FBI involved.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a hard time believing the FBI would give up that kind of info to a person they were interviewing. They might ask a lot of questions about someone, but I can’t see them telling you why they were asking.
I know the two other SO's that Jim said were interviewed; neither of them were at the match so I have only Jim's statements to go on. I've known him a couple of years, I believe him.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds like someone's jealous that that guy is the local hot dog and cleans up during the match. Sounds like the ROs are a little too competitive...just because they can't beat the guy doesn't mean they need to get the FBI involved.
Yeah, that's not it. I know the top ten finishers, and he wasn't one of them. But it's a funny thought.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If he’s on a ’natioal terror list’, he has his Ltc? How is that suitable?
I have no idea if he has an LTC. This isn't Massachusetts. I can buy guns privately and I can posses them in my car or in my home without paperwork. Nobody asks for permits at the matches, we just ask if you're an IDPA member.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
(Sniff...sniff) Huh. Something smells like bullshit around here...
It's certainly not "ordinary", and it could be BS. However, I know Jim pretty well - and I think he's telling the truth. I'm not interested in "convincing" anyone of anything - I'm merely telling you what happened Saturday.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You trust the national terror list?

Randy Weaver - who got paid $3M was a terrorist

David Koresh - suspected of making full auto AR's...he invited the ATF to come out for a visit, they did and you know how that turned out

Ross Ulbricht - will die in prison for running a website. The .gov had (now convicted) agents with admin access to servers who were stealing bitcoin....info not allowed at his trial. The seizure of his server was an illegal search and the FBI lied about how they found it...should have been thrown out.

Ted Kaczynski - The warrant for his cabin was very sketchy at best. No motion to suppress hearing was allowed. Sure they got the guy but at what cost?

Hillary's server, Russia investigation, MLK, JFK, the list of abuse is endless.

I hear if you throw a person in a lake and they swim it means they are into witchcraft and should be executed....

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So they told him all this stuff, but never arrested the guy? Is he a durka?

Something smells "f***ey" here, on more than one front possibly.

-Mike
I have no idea if he was arrested, my original post contained all that I know. I don't know if he's a "durka", he's not Caucasian. There are a small number of non-white shooters who regularly shoot this match - I know all of them by face, and a couple of them pretty well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no idea if he has an LTC. This isn't Massachusetts. I can buy guns privately and I can posses them in my car or in my home without paperwork. Nobody asks for permits at the matches, we just ask if you're an IDPA member.
For what it's worth, when I lived in FL and SC in the 90's I didn't need a LTC to buy rifles or shotguns. For pistols, you only needed the LTC in FL to not require the 7[?] day waiting period. In SC, I don't remember having a waiting period for pistols.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If he’s on a ’natioal terror list’, he has his Ltc? How is that suitable?
I don't think he's talking about MA garbage, not that it matters anyways.... I've known PPs that had LTCs for eons until the state caught up to them, etc. Having a plastic card doesn't mean
someone is clean. (it means theres a pretty good chance they are, but its not a certainty).

I'm guessing the other SO or the guy they're talking about though is possibly some kind of space shuttle door gunner, or something. There's some "guarding the hostess plant while wearing level 4 trauma plates" type shenanigans in the middle of all this somewhere.

It's also possible the feds investigated that guy, and rather admit that the allegations were unfounded, started talking shit about him to the people they had interviewed... either way, soemthing is f***ey.

-Mike

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
It's certainly not "ordinary", and it could be BS. However, I know Jim pretty well - and I think he's telling the truth. I'm not interested in "convincing" anyone of anything - I'm merely telling you what happened Saturday.
I don't doubt you, or your version of events. I find Jim's version pretty incredible, as in not credible. The FBI sure told him a lot information which they don't normally share, instead of simply questioning him about a person of interest, for whatever reason.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You trust the national terror list?

Randy Weaver - who got paid $3M was a terrorist

David Koresh - suspected of making full auto AR's...he invited the ATF to come out for a visit, they did and you know how that turned out

Ross Ulbricht - will die in prison for running a website. The .gov had (now convicted) agents with admin access to servers who were stealing bitcoin....info not allowed at his trial. The seizure of his server was an illegal search and the FBI lied about how they found it...should have been thrown out.

Ted Kaczynski - The warrant for his cabin was very sketchy at best. No motion to suppress hearing was allowed. Sure they got the guy but at what cost?

Hillary's server, Russia investigation, MLK, JFK, the list of abuse is endless.

I hear if you throw a person in a lake and they swim it means they are into witchcraft and should be executed....

Valid points - and no, I don't trust the government to maintain lists.

But I also live, work and shoot with a lot of law enforcement and military - many of whom are my friends and I don't discount the threat.

Top Bottom