Who's still waiting in Everett MA

The whole city is a bunch of ass kissers,(i mean politicians). My alderman flat out told me that she doesnt want to ruffle the stations feathers because she still has to deal with them on a regular basis. She said she cant afford to cut off lines of communication.

As ive said before, this issue in everett should be taking precidence over people who are getting ltc's with restrictions. I am apparently alone on feeling this way. What they are doing in everett is not processing anyone which is the same as saying you cant have your ltc at all. Which to me is worse than saying you can have an ltc with restrictions.

Andre

Sounds like you need to run for alderman, or find someone else who would make a good one.

Sounds like you need to run for alderman, or find someone else who would make a good one.[/QUOT

No one would vote for me because im to much of a straight shooter, no pun intended.

Ive realized in my time on this earth that most of the time people get wrapped up by people who tell them what they want to hear aka politicians, and push away people who give the blunt truth.

Sad reality.

Andre

...My alderman flat out told me that she doesnt want to ruffle the stations feathers because she still has to deal with them on a regular basis. She said she cant afford to cut off lines of communication. ...

Since when has standing up for your residents been cutting off lines of communication? I would think THEY want to not ruffle HER feathers. This is very strange.

Since when has standing up for your residents been cutting off lines of communication? I would think THEY want to not ruffle HER feathers. This is very strange.

Im only telling you what she told me when i spoke with her.

Every other politician i have spoken with has disappeared after they made one call to the pd

Andre

If you were coerced to sign that as a condition of issue for a LTC-A, then your civil rights were violated. Plain and Simple. The police have absolutely no authority to request your medical records for anything that is not the result of a criminal act AND ordered by the court. Period!

The local police - perhaps not, utterance of the incantation "national security" opens all medical records to the feds upon demand.

Folks, this could be the site of the next big rally/protest. It would need to have a new bill introduced or voted on as a culmination to the event.

It would be nice to see. I know that Comm2A cannot be involved in such rallies as it jeopardizes their particular non-profit status. WRT to legislation, GOAL would be the best group of people to have on board with this. However, GOAL "has a plan" and will "keep us posted".

Why not get some capable people to work on legislation to be introduced? It's time for GOAL to start fishing or cut bait.

I would love to be part and help in anyway i could, im all in!

And yes im still waiting on the "the plan" to do something about everett. They skipped right over everett in the letter to the AG.

Andre

Why not get some capable people to work on legislation to be introduced? It's time for GOAL to start fishing or cut bait.

I don't know how many years you've been tracking what GOAL does, but GOAL does file legislation every session, works with a handful of friendly legislators to do so and I'm sure that they are already working on bills to be filed after the election. HOWEVER, we do not have enough "friends" in the legislature to actually accomplish anything positive, so each of these bills dies a long, tedious, quiet death at the end of every legislative session (2 year cycles). GOAL IS SUCCESSFUL in preventing further harmful bills from getting passed into law, but that is about it.

The only real hope is in Federal Courtrooms and Comm2A is doing a "Grade A" job of that on our behalf.

Both orgs have their purpose . . . GOAL keeps the flood of anti-gun bills from over-running us and Comm2A is chipping away at the "Berlin Wall" of current anti-gun laws that are on the books!

I meant people outside of GOAL. They have a plan, but no one has heard "boo" about it. Seems we are to send in our money and let the professionals handle it. I know they are busy, which is why I made a standing offer to volunteer back on October 1st. I have heard nothing.

The adversarial nature of the litigation process unfortunately makes is necessary for Comm2A to remain silent on litigation until filed. Comm2A speaks softly and carries a big stick, which is why you will see us file suit on various issues, but you won't see Comm2A marching with protest signs.

And, while we endeavor to do the most professional job possible, the Comm2A team is unpaid - but your donations to go to pay for the services of professionals we use to get the job done.

November 9th will make my 1 year anniversary brother, trust me i feel your pain.

Andre

I'm violating my own rule by not reading through every post in this thread, but has anyone suggested you contact your state rep about this? I would find this intolerable. IMO, you've gone long past the point of waiting patiently. This kind of timeline is the equivalent of a denial.

I hope this gets resolved for the folks in Everett.

I'm violating my own rule by not reading through every post in this thread, but has anyone suggested you contact your state rep about this? I would find this intolerable. IMO, you've gone long past the point of waiting patiently. This kind of timeline is the equivalent of a denial.

I hope this gets resolved for the folks in Everett.

Yea you definitely need to go back and read. I have done everything but hire a lawyer.

Andre

Last edited:
If that's the wrong venue for it, I'd be looking for a lawyer who's for the cause. There's gotta be someone out there that won't ruin your wallet.

If that's the wrong venue for it, I'd be looking for a lawyer who's for the cause. There's gotta be someone out there that won't ruin your wallet.

Or maybe get a bunch of people to share the cost, since there are apparently a ton of people affected.

I'll donate $100 to the cause if a good lawyer agrees to take the case.

Last edited:
You should petition on your own.
http://goal.org/masslawpages/masslawdenialinfo.html#appeal

Has all the info you'll need. It's what I would have done by now

Really?

What part of this don't you understand?

In addition, the statute specifies that the FLRB may not review a petition if the petitioner:
c) was denied a license to carry on the basis of suitability rather than a disqualifying conviction (the District Court is the appropriate forum for appeal in this case); or
d) is disqualified for a reason other than a misdemeanor conviction, such as having an active warrant or restraining order.

Although these folks weren't legally denied in a sense, since their applications were "merely ignored", the only recourse is District Court (where you are unlikely to win in the best of circumstances) . . . BUT you only have 90 days from the denial (which statutorily begins 40 days after applying if you hear nothing) and those 130 days are long gone in most of these cases.

Bottom line is that by the time most people (not just Everett) would take action, the "statute of limitations" for appealing a licensing issue has expired. I don't know what legal recourse anyone really has short of a very expensive and time-consuming "civil rights suit" (IANAL, but maybe in USDC, certainly NOT in a MA court) or if there is any possibility of a "writ of mandamus" to force these officials to actually do their job. An equally lengthy process could be what was done in Carver and Quincy where a major effort was made and selectmen and mayor, respectively, were ousted and replaced with people who believe in the Constitution. Those new people forced the chiefs in both places to resign and the new chiefs were issued "marching orders" wrt how to treat LTC applicants. In both cases IIRC it took 2+ years to accomplish this and the same individual led the charge in both communities.

You should petition on your own.
http://goal.org/masslawpages/masslawdenialinfo.html#appeal

Has all the info you'll need. It's what I would have done by now

MR. HAXX,

I am going to assume that you are trying to be helpful and that you are assuming that I havent read every possible resource that I could read to help myself..

If you read that page of the link you sent, it states towards the end:

Please note that if your petition is successful, and the FLRB determines that you are a suitable candidate for a LTC or FID card relative to the misdemeanor conviction, you must still apply to your local police chief for the LTC or FID card, and the final determination on issuing is made by the licensing authority.

So with that, I say I would still need to make it past my Cities Police Dept, inorder to get my LTC, and there is where the hang up is, they have not submitted my application or the 6 other guys i know, applications. So if i win my petition and then still have to apply through Everett PD then I would have wasted yet another $100.

Thanks for the advice, but I feel that if you are going to state advice you should read back and see all that I have done.

MR. HAXX,

I am going to assume that you are trying to be helpful and that you are assuming that I havent read every possible resource that I could read to help myself..

If you read that page of the link you sent, it states towards the end:

Please note that if your petition is successful, and the FLRB determines that you are a suitable candidate for a LTC or FID card relative to the misdemeanor conviction, you must still apply to your local police chief for the LTC or FID card, and the final determination on issuing is made by the licensing authority.

So with that, I say I would still need to make it past my Cities Police Dept, inorder to get my LTC, and there is where the hang up is, they have not submitted my application or the 6 other guys i know, applications. So if i win my petition and then still have to apply through Everett PD then I would have wasted yet another $100.

Thanks for the advice, but I feel that if you are going to state advice you should read back and see all that I have done.

People are just trying to help out, and not everyone understands the role of the FLRB. (One would think it would be a board who reviews firearms licensing issues, but this is MA so I guess they do essentially nothing. Your tax dollars at work.)

The bottom line is that at this point you're going to need to find a lawyer willing to take your case. I'm still willing to kick in an admittedly meager donation if you can find someone who'll take it.

Last edited:
Yea add the 2 foot high stack of applications sitting at the pd, and i wonder if everett would still be down 1.8%.

Andre

Sounds like a good opportunity to reach out to channel 5 for a follow-up story.

Sounds like a good opportunity to reach out to channel 5 for a follow-up story.

Yeah, but you need to do this VERY SOON. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. Find out who did the story, and get them on the phone, pronto!

Then tell them you have a scoop on why some of the numbers are WAY off, due to corruption. The rest is just "the news makes itself" material.

Yeah, but you need to do this VERY SOON. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. Find out who did the story, and get them on the phone, pronto!

Then tell them you have a scoop on why some of the numbers are WAY off, due to corruption. The rest is just "the news makes itself" material.

+1

Back
Top Bottom