Who's shooting, who's not shooting???

I was shooting 2 or 3 times a week until the Fudds struck on Friday.
It is ironic that most of the BOD seldom if ever use the range themselves.
They don't seem to care what G.O.A.L. says about non-profits and their rights.
It was probably time to be looking for a new club anyhow.

More people at the club than I'd like to be around right now so I went in the woods behind the tool shed and built a range. It's only about 50' between the hill and the swamp but it will have to do for now.

I've been shooting more than before this thing all started. 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

More time at home with the kids. Taking them to HSC where we can have a pit all to ourselves, in contact with no one other than each other, is great outdoor fun.

If the rain would just stop, we'd be going more. In fact we planned for this afternoon, but I'd rather not stand in the rain in 45 deg weather.

Shooting in inclement weather is actually my favorite time to go shooting.

Why would privately owned gun ranges close? As long as people are keeping their distance who would care? I drove by Target in Leominster yesterday, and the parking lot was as full as Christmas eve. I would guess your chances of getting sick are a thousand times greater at Target than at a range shooting at a target.

Took the Glocks to the range today.
Set up a small steel at 10 yards, used a timer, and practiced drawing and hitting it.
Practiced with my Glock 34 mostly. Ran 50 rounds or so through my backup G34.
Then played at longer distances with my G17 with Optic and compensator, (just got the threaded barrel last week).
Backed up to the end of the pit and dumped a couple of mags with my PSA AR-9.
Back up to the front to play with my .22 conversion that's mounted on a Poly80.

Nice to get out of the house.

There were a couple of guys on the rifle ranges, and three other pits were being used when I got there. Unfortunately, one of the pits had probably a dozen guys in it. I know some of them, and they don't live in the same households. One of them came out to fistbump with me, and I backed away - telling him that my next door neighbor just tested positive; (which is true). No social distancing going on in that pit - and the numbers in my area are starting to rise pretty badly.

Went to Machester Firing Line First time today. What a nice experience. Friendly staff etc, Nice place. Anyone else shooting up in NH?

Took a half day....

I shot a new 357 recipe in the Marlin and blew off some 40 cal reloads in the glocks.

Had to paint my garage dormer or I would have spent the afternoon there.

Why would privately owned gun ranges close? As long as people are keeping their distance who would care? I drove by Target in Leominster yesterday, and the parking lot was as full as Christmas eve. I would guess your chances of getting sick are a thousand times greater at Target than at a range shooting at a target.

Some Police Chiefs are f***ing stupid and listen to Maura??? Clubs should remember them when it comes time they want to use their facilities and tell them to EABOD.

Meanwhile our club will be doing the opposite with both our Police and Fire. We will be very generously supporting both.

Went out today to shoot .22 at 300y as a storm was rolling in. Start off with a challenging wind call and end with a complete shitshow with branches coming off trees. All in all, a pretty good time

A little detail on the rig you use to do this, please?

For a bolt action, I use a Ruger 77/22 with a tac sol barrel in a boyd AT-One stock with a 6-20x scope and a Nordic .22 upper on a Firebird lower with JP trigger with a 1-4x. The JP trigger was key to getting it to run 100% on standard velocity ammo.
I have no issue with a 9x11" plate at 300, but shooting a 4" plate is a struggle, especially with the ammo I'm using. Picked up some Lapua Center X to see it that will help. Planning on picking up either a CZ 457, Tikka 1x or Bergara next

nordic-L.jpg

tac%20sol%207722-L.jpg

For a bolt action, I use a Ruger 77/22 with a tac sol barrel in a boyd AT-One stock with a 6-20x scope and a Nordic .22 upper on a Firebird lower with JP trigger with a 1-4x. The JP trigger was key to getting it to run 100% on standard velocity ammo.
I have no issue with a 9x11" plate at 300, but shooting a 4" plate is a struggle, especially with the ammo I'm using. Picked up some Lapua Center X to see it that will help. Planning on picking up either a CZ 457, Tikka 1x or Bergara next

nordic-L.jpg

tac%20sol%207722-L.jpg
Nice carpet-o-brass you got going on there

nordic-L.jpg

tac%20sol%207722-L.jpg
Very nice. I'm hot for a Boyd AT-One stock for my 10/22. Do you need a 20MOA rail to get the 'scope to 300 yards with SV ammo?

Back
Top Bottom