Who's shooting, who's not shooting???

I went shooting at my club yesterday...and practiced social distancing....No one else shot in the pistol bay with me! ;)

Took the wifey to Hopkinton today for an anniversary outing. She’s been holed up working from home for a month and did a hell of a job lessening any 5.56 stocks I had. Me thinks this was a much needed stress release. It also gave me a chance to practice live fire drawing from a holster with my new 365. There were 3 or 4 other people there as well.

Club I belong to is closed, so no shooting for me. I can reload some in the meantime, but theres some new recipes I want to try out first before I make a ton so I'm a little limited in that as well.

Now is a good time to do a good going through for maintenance/ deep cleaning/ detailing on anything your not shooting. (Looking at that 870 that I've only cleaned once).

No shooting for me anymore seeing as my club just shutdown. Funny, I was at the rifle range for 2 hours last week and didn't see a single soul....isn't that the definition of social distancing?

[rofl] I call it the pussy pad. Hey I was shooting 60 rounds from the bench! Didn’t want to bruise my shoulder too much! [laugh]

With the pad, I could shoot that thing all day long.
A few years back I went and did an Appleseeds with my Mosin. I didn't do real well at the AQT's and it got so hot it was leaking cosmoline out of the stock. No pussy pad. Just a t-shirt. Shoulder was fine, although I did get a hell of a sunburn on my calf from shooting prone in shorts in July.

As far as shooting now goes, the backyard range is open, younger daughter and I will be out there in an hour or so.

I've been shooting more than before this thing all started. 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

More time at home with the kids. Taking them to HSC where we can have a pit all to ourselves, in contact with no one other than each other, is great outdoor fun.

If the rain would just stop, we'd be going more. In fact we planned for this afternoon, but I'd rather not stand in the rain in 45 deg weather.

If it was mid afternoon yesterday...and you saw a red car next to pistol bay #3...that was me! ;)

Think we drove in past you coming in. Grey Tacoma went allll the way down to the last (apparently personal, private, and luxury) bay and made a bunch of noise. She uh, she’s good at 100 yds. with iron sights but apparently today was blast away at close range day. She hates working from home and I’m trying to keep her happy 😳

Think we drove in past you coming in. Grey Tacoma went allll the way down to the last (apparently personal, private, and luxury) bay and made a bunch of noise. She uh, she’s good at 100 yds. with iron sights but apparently today was blast away at close range day. She hates working from home and I’m trying to keep her happy 😳

Ayuh...that was me! You take such good care for her! ...you should tell her that you DESERVE another gun! ;)

I've been shooting more than before this thing all started. 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
If the rain would just stop, we'd be going more. In fact we planned for this afternoon, but I'd rather not stand in the rain in 45 deg weather.
Same here. And JFC would this f***ing rain just stop!! I’m on the coast and there saying it will linger until noon tomorrow. I’m going to try to hit the range tomorrow afternoon.

Same here. And JFC would this f***ing rain just stop!! I’m on the coast and there saying it will linger until noon tomorrow. I’m going to try to hit the range tomorrow afternoon.

Amen to that! it sucks enough being holed up but does it have to be so damn miserable out all the time? Cold, wet, and 40. It feels like October.

Well, you can always shop online instead like me. I have a non-massified Sig P365 and a Rock Island 5” 1911 in fde coming next week! This will be my first foray into the world of 1911’s so don’t flame me.

I’m still shooting too as the range is open. Steel x39 from the mak. Posted this in the Coronavirus megathread but I’ll add it here too for the shooters “sick” of the virus threads.

[size=2
[url=[MEDIA=youtube]PJFC9oRHbU0[/MEDIA]
View]View: https://youtu.be/PJFC9oRHbU0]View
:
https://youtu.be/PJFC9oRHbU0[/url]View: https://youtu.be/PJFC9oRHbU0[/size][/url][/size]

Was waiting for some rapid fire and you certainly delivered at the end there. I’m sure you needed that more than most.
Cheers! 🍻

I was planning on hitting the range this weekend or maybe Monday. But just got the notice that Springfield Sportsmans club has closed all the ranges.

Just cleaned the rifle today. I should go take a walk though as I've been pretty stationary this week.
They closed down Lynn shore drive parking spots to keep people off the beach. Might be as good a time as any to go walk the other side of the road while avoiding people.
Still waiting on my scope mounts. I might just go shoot the thing sightless for shits if this takes much longer.

I’ll be heading out shortly to hit the range. Bringing the Mosin M44, Dan Wesson 44 mag and 22lr. Maybe the Marlin 357 too...

Gorgeous day up here, so I just had to get out to prevent Covid Cabin Fever. I decided it was a .22LR kind of day, so I loaded up and headed out.

First off, I decided it was Ruger day, so...

42536.jpg

Ruger-ish Pac-Lite on a 22/45 frame, and...

26306.jpg

22/45 "Heavy Barrel," and...

9.jpg

Pac-Lite Lite on a Mk II frame, and...

77063.jpg

87873.jpg

My problem-child 22/45 Lite, that couldn't get though an entire mag without this exact failure every 2-3 rounds. I need to check the ejector, and maybe replace the extractor and spring. But...

63331.jpg

My LCP II .22LR was flawless in 100 rounds. But I couldn't let Ruger have all the fun, so I did a little S&W action, too.

IMG_1361.JPG

S&W M&P Compact. But it can't all be pistols, so some .22LR "long gun" (in name only) action was called for, starting with...

IMG_1351.JPG
My favorite .22LR SBR with suppressor. M261 .22LR conversion in a dedicated upper. 5" barrel. Quite as a nail-gun, and tons of fun to shoot. But, today, it gave me a bit of a surprise...

IMG_1347.JPG

Out of battery discharge. Twice. Never done that to me before, and I have a lot of rounds through this setup. Well, that's why we wear glasses. Not to play favorites, I went to my other .22LR upper...

IMG_1358.JPG

Not as quiet, but still tons of fun, and runs like a top. This is the Tactical Solutions upper that Midway was blowing out last year for dirt cheap. Not an AR fan? OK, how about some Mid-east action?

IMG_1362.JPG

Well, not really Mid-east, but IWI did collaborate with Walther on this. Built like a tank, and runs and runs and runs...Wait. Walther? That's German, right? How about some "HK slap?"

IMG_1365.JPG

Guns this much fun should be a sin. I get my "Die Hard" on for pennies.

Had the entire range to myself until I was pulling out and locking the gate. Someone was pulling in as I was locking up. Awesome day. I couldn't ask for better "therapy," and absolutely "essential." f*** you, Maura.

Gorgeous day up here, so I just had to get out to prevent Covid Cabin Fever. I decided it was a .22LR kind of day, so I loaded up and headed out.

First off, I decided it was Ruger day, so...

View attachment 344818

Ruger-ish Pac-Lite on a 22/45 frame, and...

View attachment 344819

22/45 "Heavy Barrel," and...

View attachment 344820

Pac-Lite Lite on a Mk II frame, and...

View attachment 344821

View attachment 344822

My problem-child 22/45 Lite, that couldn't get though an entire mag without this exact failure every 2-3 rounds. I need to check the ejector, and maybe replace the extractor and spring. But...

View attachment 344823

My LCP II .22LR was flawless in 100 rounds. But I couldn't let Ruger have all the fun, so I did a little S&W action, too.

View attachment 344832

S&W M&P Compact. But it can't all be pistols, so some .22LR "long gun" (in name only) action was called for, starting with...

View attachment 344825
My favorite .22LR SBR with suppressor. M261 .22LR conversion in a dedicated upper. 5" barrel. Quite as a nail-gun, and tons of fun to shoot. But, today, it gave me a bit of a surprise...

View attachment 344827

Out of battery discharge. Twice. Never done that to me before, and I have a lot of rounds through this setup. Well, that's why we wear glasses. Not to play favorites, I went to my other .22LR upper...

View attachment 344828

Not as quiet, but still tons of fun, and runs like a top. This is the Tactical Solutions upper that Midway was blowing out last year for dirt cheap. Not an AR fan? OK, how about some Mid-east action?

View attachment 344829

Well, not really Mid-east, but IWI did collaborate with Walther on this. Built like a tank, and runs and runs and runs...Wait. Walther? That's German, right? How about some "HK slap?"

View attachment 344831

Guns this much fun should be a sin. I get my "Die Hard" on for pennies.

Had the entire range to myself until I was pulling out and locking the gate. Someone was pulling in as I was locking up. Awesome day. I couldn't ask for better "therapy," and absolutely "essential." f*** you, Maura.
Looks like you had a good time

I just got back a little while ago. Burned through 100 rounds of 44 mag, 200 rounds of 22lr and 80 rounds of non corrosive 7.62x54r.

Had a blast ringing steel. First time shooting the Dan Wesson 10inch barrel assembly with the muzzle brake. BIG reduction in muzzle rise.
47B2BED2-779B-4589-AAEC-DD9E060E14B9.jpegAD992102-AB2B-4727-BA95-FBD4CFAE7510.jpegAF61B29D-94DE-4CC5-B1DA-9856AC745ADB.jpeg

DW 722
554659C8-EB97-413C-9236-0D82757D216D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom