Who's shooting, who's not shooting???

My range time is ramping up if anything. Ammo not a worry. I learned my lesson a few bans and elections ago. You might catch me thin on TP, ammo?..not so much.
did the same, way back when clinton got in . stocked up 223: $3 for 20 , 7.62x39: $2 for 20 , 308 200rd battle packs $40, 45 acp $10 50rds, 9mm $7 50rds bought small lots each payday for years, plus i reload

Decided to pull out some of my 22-CB rounds and 10-2 some squirrels in my back yard, shooting from the deck. They are quieter than an air gun report and work well on the little red and grey critters.

NH State Police 10 code:

10-2Out Of Service

[thumbsup]

I haven't been shooting since this craziness started but it's more a matter of being stuck working from home and having two small kids that makes it hard to get away to the range than an ammo shortage. I'm actually sitting on more ammo than I've ever had at one time in my life. Once I do get out, I'll probably only shoot 9mm and 7.62x39mm deliberately and sparingly and focus more on improving my marksmanship with rimfire rifles and pistols. The Stribog probably won't come out much since it's too much fun to just burn through bulk packs of 9mm with it!

I felt the same OP. Something about this particular scenario had me thinking I should hold everything I got. I think it was when I saw the supermarket nuttiness that I decided to put the range trips on hold. Maybe I'm the crazy one, as I have like 1k 9mm on hand which should have been enough for a quick range outing before lockdown. But I suppose it doesn't matter for the next few weeks anyways with the ranges shut down.

Spent the last week down in Florida with my buddy and former NES'er DukeInMaine who is now DukeInFlorida playing LawnSteel.
Everyone reloads their own ammo with just enough powder to get it downrange and knock over the steel targets. The game is played for nickles that you get when you knock over the animal shots or you foul and knock over something you shouldn't. Truly a RedNeck game that is a blast.
I'll attach a couple of videos done a few years ago.

Targets are about 75 yards away and not very big, lots of trigger time needed to get use to it but boy is it fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvR92MJq0k&feature=youtu.be

View: https://youtu.be/cURlV9DKjqQ

Some guys won't be able to with ranges closing.

Cpfg is open but outdoor only and limiting to 10 benches 6 feet apart. This weekend we'll have range officers out (board members) to pull "crowd control" and ensure folks don't hog lanes for too long if folks are waiting.

I have the morning shift and will bring a couple rifles in case things are slow. With all the events and leagues cancelled I have ammo to spare......and I'm still spending time at the press to increase the stockpile.

Neither of the clubs I belong to are closed so I'm still shooting. I was shooting at Harvard this morning and will likely be there Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.

Went to the range Sunday to check the zero of my .300BLK after having the can Cerakoted and stuck back on. Not worried, because I literally have more .300BLK than I can store, so shooting 100 rounds or so for zeroing and fun doesn't bother me. Also shot some .22LR to dial in a red dot on one of my M&P22's. Range was actually pretty crowded for us.
100 rounds for zeroing??????....

Went to range today and shot some 5.56 I was the only one there. Nice and quiet, no need to bother anyone with a cease fire when messing with my target.
Not suffering from an ammo shortage at present.

Keep shooting. Unless you're a noob or live in an apartment, you really should have been prepared to be able to maintain your routine shooting schedule for a awhile. Gotta enjoy yourself... before the end of the world in a few weeks.

I transitioned my training to my G44, as I stacked 22lr for that specific reason. All the same gear, gun size, and mechanics.

I shot a few times between end of February and beginning of March, so I got my fix in but have blue balls because I can’t shoot this newly acquired SKS I wanted to take out at the end of this month. So that’s been a downer but my parents are becoming senior citizens this summer and have some pre-existing conditions so it’s worth it to not go out and risk putting them in harms way.

I shoot every Sunday as long as I'm home, its not pouring, and there is less than 18 inches of very recent snow (gotta go a half mile off road).

I thought I could name nearly any suppressor on sight. That one has me stumped, what 22 suppressor is that?

It's a little deceiving
It's a Dead Air Mask. But it is in a Tactical Solutions barrel shroud. 12" barrel, but the shroud makes it 16" so no need for a stamp
Here it is on a Nordic upper
nordic.jpeg

I made it to the range last night before they closed up. Shot about 150 through the SR22 after getting it back from Ruger (despite what they say, the SR22 is NOT safe for dry fire!). Also put 50 rounds through the HK p30sk that I bought so I'd have something while the Ruger was away. I like the p30sk quite a lot.

I managed to snag 1k 9mm from targetsports last week. Not delivered yet, but it'll get here eventually. Between that and the ~350 I have in-house, I think I'll continue to shoot 50 at a time once the range opens up again until I'm down to about 200, or so. At that point, I'll save those in case I actually need 'em. I've got about 2,500 .22lr to supplement with. Hopefully more ammo will start to hit the market before too long so it's not an issue.

Went to the range Sunday to check the zero of my .300BLK after having the can Cerakoted and stuck back on. Not worried, because I literally have more .300BLK than I can store, so shooting 100 rounds or so for zeroing and fun doesn't bother me. Also shot some .22LR to dial in a red dot on one of my M&P22's. Range was actually pretty crowded for us.
100 rounds for zeroing??????....

Note the bolded part.

Range is open so I am planning on shooting. My brother in-law,who is not a gun owner,wants to get some range time in....I will oblige.

I’m shooting. but I’m only shooting my steel cased ammo right now. Actually just got a fishing magnet to get all the cases out of the lawn before i have to mow.

Whenever ammo starts getting scare I pretty much stop shooting and sit on my ammo supply. Not sure why. I just do. So who feels similar and who is not going to stop going to the range as much as they did before?

I was looking forward to Harvard's Steel Plate shoots starting up next month, but I'm figuring it will probably be cancelled. If it isn't I'm not sure I want to shoot up 200 plus rounds of ammo in a day. Going to be a game day decision I think.
Ranges are closed so no range for me. i could walk over to the sand pits and do some plinking but i will juzt shoot the pellet guns more . Since I was a yute i have always had plenty of 22lr to plink with.

Back
Top Bottom