Who's shooting, who's not shooting???

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Whenever ammo starts getting scare I pretty much stop shooting and sit on my ammo supply. Not sure why. I just do. So who feels similar and who is not going to stop going to the range as much as they did before?

I was looking forward to Harvard's Steel Plate shoots starting up next month, but I'm figuring it will probably be cancelled. If it isn't I'm not sure I want to shoot up 200 plus rounds of ammo in a day. Going to be a game day decision I think.

I'm itching to get out... with school closed, I figure I can get my kid out.

Unfortunately, my calendar has been slammed... meetings back to back all day.

Sadly I haven't been shooting much since I moved to NH in Oct., and before that it in MA was only a handful of time over the summer. Good news is I have been buying cases of everything fairly regularly since mid 2018, so I don't need to be buying...hoping to find a good place to shoot up here soon.

Range completely closed, otherwise I would still be shooting although probably fewer rounds per trip until the supply comes back.

Went to the range Sunday to check the zero of my .300BLK after having the can Cerakoted and stuck back on. Not worried, because I literally have more .300BLK than I can store, so shooting 100 rounds or so for zeroing and fun doesn't bother me. Also shot some .22LR to dial in a red dot on one of my M&P22's. Range was actually pretty crowded for us.

One of my 2020 resolutions was to shoot more - the last 2-3 years with work and family has killed my time and maybe shot a few times a year at most and I miss the stress release that hitting the range brings

Luckily I kept stocking up on ammo over the past couple of years, even if i wasn't shooting :)

Have been at the range once a week over the past few weeks and hope to keep that up if possible (and my club stays open) - although I have a work at home role, my customer's needs are not as urgent lately and i am seeing free time on the horizon.

I bought a few cases of ammo in the last couple of weeks solely for more guilt free shooting if supplies/prices are tight for this year

Jumped full into Precision Rifle shooting with new gun/scope/etc in February and have had that to the range a few times and loving the excitement that has brought back to my shooting. Have a class coming up later this summer (fingers crossed) so bought several cases of 6.5CM earlier than I would have last week to get ahead of price increases/availability issues, but have enough to work on skills for a while if needed.

So...lots of words (and bad grammar) - but I probably will shoot more this year than in the past few years

Funny you should ask!

I just came in a little while ago from out back, testing a couple of mags of .45acp that I'm reloading. I finished my two mags and I hear in the not too far distance someone shooting a few single rounds of rifle fire ( sounded like 223 to my familiar ears) then a few bursts, then a couple of mag dumps.
So to answer whomever it was, I came back in and grabbed an Uzi and a couple of 25rd mags and a 72rd drum and did a few bursts. He answered back with a couple of bursts, and we went back and forth for a couple of minutes. He did a couple of mag dumps and I let the drum go................................................................................. [rockon] [banana]

The sound of freedom is alive and well in my AO.[smile] My wife was chuckling when I came back in too.

Went last week, but was judicious with the rounds. Will go again when it warms up. Plenty to get through the season except for 45, which is getting close to my SHTF limit.

Still getting out. The 3 clubs I belong to are still open for now. Between stock and reloading I'm all set. If I change my mind I have .22 lr to burn through.

My range is open, and I am using ammo I would have been otherwise been shooting at the matches that were canceled. Just shot 20 offhand and some sitting. Only one at range.

Just shoot
No point in hoarding, ammo will always be available.

also trumps not going to loose re-election.
Just politics and fake virus. Yeah the market crashed but it’s a huge economical stimulus either way

Back
Top Bottom