• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's registered to vote in MA. Poll

Are you registerd to vote in Massachusetts.

• Yes. I vote in every election.

Votes: 103 85.8%
  • Yes, I only vote in improtant elections.

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Yes, But I hardly ever vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's not that bigger deal.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No, But I'm going to register next time around.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only missed a handful of local elections since registering for the draft in high school.

Kind of, every election, unenrolled.

The "kind of" is because I've moved since Brown's special election. I haven't gone to the clerk's office in the new town to reregister yet.

Yes - Almost every election - whichever candidate is less of a threat to my liberty, both economically and socially.

Kind of, every election, unenrolled.

The "kind of" is because I've moved since Brown's special election. I haven't gone to the clerk's office in the new town to reregister yet.

Unless your old town keeps on top of things you'll be registered in two places. During the brown special election, the clerk checking names said my whole family except my sister had been in. I told her my sister had moved to Boston 3 years ago and has since registered there and she said "Wow, does she know she's still on the list and can vote here?" By no means am I suggesting voter fraud, on the contrary, you may want to tell the old town to remove you so no one votes under your name.

Last edited:
How's about a:

No, I'm not a MA Resident ?

I am registered in NH and I vote every election cycle (and at local town meetings)

Registered and vote in every election. Kinda view it as an obligation as a citizen. Unenrolled and vote for those who want to leave me alone.

People in my town complain that us oldsters show up and vote all the time. It seems that a lot of the younger folks are to busy or whatever. So, the oldsters end up running the town. Yup, that's the way it is.

I've only missed one election (a local one) due to a sudden business trip to upstate NY (and you had to file for absentee ballots a few weeks in advance back then) ever since I was old enough to vote.

Live in a town with an Open Town Meeting and have attended all but a handful of evenings in >30 years. I usually speak up at these meetings and make my thoughts known. In fact I met with the Town Manager and Director of Finance a couple of days ago and need to meet with the Police Chief between now and Monday over one of the articles. I'm a back room kind of guy, preferring to get my info informally and only speak out publicly when I feel it is needed to intentionally sway a vote. Asking questions to get info on the floor of Town Meeting instills FUD and can adversely affect the vote on an article when you don't want it to.

I *SHOULD* be allowed to vote in MA. I pay the same income tax to the state as a resident. I guess we weren't really all that serious about that "no taxation without representation" bit.

- signed Grumpy NH Commuter

I *SHOULD* be allowed to vote in MA. I pay the same income tax to the state as a resident. I guess we weren't really all that serious about that "no taxation without representation" bit.

- signed Grumpy NH Commuter

Welcome to the club!! Nobody to call if you run into problems with MA state agencies, like the DOR. No state rep or state senator feels obligated to help you.

Back
Top Bottom