Who's ready for "Fire" in your preparation plan?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
On NES I've seen many preparedness threads about how much ammo, what guns, food, water and a plethora of them on how to stay alive in a SHTF scenario. I'd like to propose a different topic, Fire. In today's world the mobs of protesters seem to use fire as their primary weapon. Fire bombing becomes a real life threat to you and your family and one that can come out of nowhere. Probably not as much of a threat for those in rural areas, but those in the city or suburbs this can become a real concern.

So the main question comes down too, what is your "fire suppression" plan? Personally I have a couple house extinguishers, but probably not enough to put out someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at my house. Though the guns will come in handy when a mob tries to stop you from putting the fire out.

Thoughts?

What's the best type of extinguisher for the home? Best for snuffing out a molotov? All I have is BC. Do they make ABCD?

I posted a reply to a new members thread last week about having some fire suppression, emergency exit plans and rope or extendable ladders handy for just this type of scenario.

He kindly reminded me that this is a gun forum and that’s all he needs.

Some people won’t (either thru ignorance or negligence) put any effort into formulating a complete plan with contingencies.

I posted a reply to a new members thread last week about having some fire suppression, emergency exit plans and rope or extendable ladders handy for just this type of scenario.

Some people won’t (either thru ignorance or negligence) put any effort into formulating a complete plan with contingencies.

IIRC you are former or retired LEO, right? If you think this is important others should as well...

What a coincidence. I just read a good blog post about general fire preparedness earlier today. Definitely something that I would guess that many people overlook.

For a targeted attack I’d think it would be harder to prepare for.

IIRC you are former or retired LEO, right? If you think this is important others should as well...
I am but that’s not important here all things considered. It should just be a basic check mark to take into consideration. I don’t think there’s a person in the whole country who didn’t watch cities burning last year. Fire is a devastating weapon of choice with looting or murderous mobs, so common sense dictates that it should be addressed in your plans.

One of the most legit SF guys I know, “Failure is always an option. That’s why we plan for it.”

Someone said fire back...probably the best option to delay the inevitable...

Fire extinguishers and a drop ladder always in an accessible location for tossing out the second floor in-case the stairway is blocked - by fire or anything else...

Beyond that like others have said, if someone is intent on fire bombing your house, getting OUT should be the plan because there isn't much you can do...

Where I live, I’ll know they are coming. Antifa/Burn, Loot & Murder will be repelled long before they can see my house.

Order of targets: Armed, Laser idiots, Molotov morons, everyone else. There is also that Tannerite I put in my lampposts.

I do have multiple extinguishers on every level, but have access to 5 gallon buckets of sand in the garage.

If I can find it (it's probably mentioned by me in other threads) I found years ago a website blog done by a guy who had suffered through Katrina (or maybe a previous hurricane). He starts out talking about a 30sec plan - what would you do/grab if you had 30 sec to leave your house in a situation like hurricane or fire etc... and then he builds from there. It's a good read. I had built our plans based on his website and other suggestions.

In today's world the hardest thing may be simply replacing your "necessary paperwork" like driver's license and wills but also having all the contact info and account numbers, passwords, etc you might need if your house was underwater or engulfed in flames.

Last edited:
Another option is to have a drain spout before and after your main house water supply shutoff. This will let you have an actual hose in place where you can hook it up and shut off all other water sources to have full pressure available. With a 100ft hose I can reach anywhere in (or around) the house from my basement.

Honestly I’m not worried about any of those groups burning my home down with me in it. Their whole game is to make a scene and provoke people so they can justify their violence. They don’t try burning people in their homes without making a bunch of noise first and demanding things from the people inside, or at least I’ve not seen them doing that. In town or the suburbs it’d be a different game, but here my biggest concern would be not getting hit by a stray round once the neighbors are clued in to the turkey shoot.

Fire back.
Shoot the Molotov Cocktail out of their hands?
What happens to them after that is none of my concern.
(Especially if no one notices the boolit).

i'm trying to beat them at their own game

1637611775251-jpeg.544919
img-snap03714.jpg

If you want to create instant panic in people, put them in a fire with nothing around to help them, panic gets people killed. Fire and panic is like a small version of hell.
Sweet-Brown.jpg

After we got married, my parents had the habit of
opening $100 savings accounts
just to give us the bargain-basement kitchen appliances.

Years later I'm in the basement when I hear screams of
"the toaster oven is on fire". I tear upstairs to find
The Bride, her sister, and brother-in-law doing precisely this:
ohno-omg.gif

I'm all like, "throw it on the fücking lawn!".

Everyone should have a hose connection to drain their house near the water meter. Hose will screw right onto it. Keep enough hose in house to reach all points. Plus extinguishers on each floor. Plus lots of loaded mags. Turn off outside spigots in the basement to prevent one of the bad guys from accessing water should they inadvertently catch fire to their clothing.

I keep one of these next to my bed in addition to a traditional ABC extinguisher. If my house is filled with smoke, this could buy me a few minutes to grab the kiddo and get out — however, I’ve heard that use of these result in an exothermic reaction and can result in second-degree burns of the lungs. Better than dead I guess?

Fire Extinguishers and maybe a faucet hose. Outside that you're pretty f***ed once the smoke starts to build.

If you buy a naturally rubber garden hose and cut off one end, the hose will fit on a regular sink faucet.
That's a joke right? Most faucets today are fed with a 1/4 or 3/8 diameter hose so your flow rate is 1or2 GPM. You'd be better off pissing on it if you're young. [banghead]

I have a "few" ABC, BC and loaded stream extinguishers in both MA and ME.
I'm seriously thinking of a 1" feed right off my well pump in ME as that pump is a constant pressure arrangement set for 65PSI. The well pump is 20GPM. It would easily handle a small smooth bore nozzle.

A loaded stream is a serious fighting tool IF you can get the fire contained while it is small.

Back
Top Bottom