Who's Participating in the 2020 Census...?

Who's Participating in the 2020 Census...?

• I am...

Votes: 66 58.9%
  • I 'm not...

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • What's a Census...?

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
seriously, they don’t know everything about me and my family already based on the serial numbers they assigned all of us? I mean social security number?
The right hand knows more about you than you know, yourself.

The left hand can barely count to five, never mind knowing what the right hand is doing.

The left hand is the one responsible for running the Census.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depending on how the pandemic plays out, it might get interesting how they handle the whole "social distancing"
I took a FedX delivery that was insured and required a signature yesterday. There were 2 people in FedX uniforms, one was 15 feet away and the other had already placed the package on the porch floor and was 6 feet away. I asked him how were we going to handle this and he said, "Give me a name how you want it written." and I did. He singed the form and they left. Evidentially, the #2 person was there as a witness.

I think I filled out a hard copy form earlier this year.
That most likely was the local census that keeps you on the registered voter list.

I filed that one, threw out the Fed form when it came. Let them eat cheese cake. The last Fed Census was fun when they started to knock on my door every few days.

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I took a FedX delivery that was insured and required a signature yesterday. There were 2 people in FedX uniforms, one was 15 feet away and the other had already placed the package on the porch floor and was 6 feet away. I asked him how were we going to handle this and he said, "Give me a name how you want it written." and I did. He singed the form and they left. Evidentially, the #2 person was there as a witness.

That most likely was the local census that keeps you on the registered voter list.

I filed that one, threw out the Fed form when it came. Let them eat cheese cake. The last Fed Census was fun when they started to knock on my door every few days.

Ah ok...well is it a big deal if I didn't fill out the federal one?

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did it online. It was pretty simple, a bunch of simple questions regarding what race am I, etc etc. I was done in under 5 minutes. No big giant questionnaire with questions about how much I earn, how much I spend on groceries, which of the 337.8 genders I am. It was pleasantly small.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it online. It was pretty simple, a bunch of simple questions regarding what race am I, etc etc. I was done in under 5 minutes. No big giant questionnaire with questions about how much I earn, how much I spend on groceries, which of the 337.8 genders I am. It was pleasantly small.
I've been say that how easy it was but people are paranoid and there is simply no reason not to fill this out.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been say that how easy it was but people are paranoid and there is simply no reason not to fill this out.
Not many are saying it is difficult to answer.

The issue for most (at least for me) is that none of the questions beyond a head count pertain to the actual, Constitutional justification for the Census. I answered the head count.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The issue for most (at least for me) is that none of the questions beyond a head count pertain to the actual, Constitutional justification for the Census. I answered the head count.
Not many I'd say 42% looking at the poll here is a lot and they are not looking at the bigger picture.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0

Exactly!

Not many I'd say 42% looking at the poll here is a lot and they are not looking at the bigger picture.
You are wrong, most of us are looking at the bigger picture. We have NO current representation in DC, they are all radical moonbats. So we would prefer that they have less moonbats, not more and thus don't want to contribute to MA getting more moonbat representatives in Congress or more "aid" that goes into the pockets of corrupt politicians.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was so short and easy online that I thought I messed up something and skipped to the end by accident. I was thinking "that can't be it". But apparently it was.

That being said, I'm not sure if doing it online was the best idea given the recent news about 200 million american people getting identify information stolen. At that figure (nearly 2/3 of America), it could only mean it came from census data or tax data. I'm kicking myself for not doing paper now.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was so short and easy online that I thought I messed up something and skipped to the end by accident. I was thinking "that can't be it". But apparently it was.

That being said, I'm not sure if doing it online was the best idea given the recent news about 200 million american people getting identify information stolen. At that figure (nearly 2/3 of America), it could only mean it came from census data or tax data. I'm kicking myself for not doing paper now.

Thankfully I have lifetime identity theft protection because the ChiComs already stole my identity from the OPM break in back in 2011.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
I found that it "insisted" twice or three times, then it let you skip answering those questions.
Correct. I put in the count in the house and then just kept punching the "done" or "complete" buttons until it submitted. Didn't put anything else in.

That is all that is required.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not exactly a priority right now. Finding toilet paper, food and ammunition is.
There's some irony here. The census, current and past, are important for many reasons, but the one that impacts us now is how we're going to divvy up that $2T stimulus package, of which $340B is allocated for state and local government and $153B for public health. Census data is one factor used to figure out how much a slice MA will get of the pie.

Besides, it takes 5 minutes or less to do either paper or digital copy. It's not going to put any hitch in your TP hunting mission.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
There's some irony here. The census, current and past, are important for many reasons, but the one that impacts us now is how we're going to divvy up that $2T stimulus package, of which $340B is allocated for state and local government and $153B for public health. Census data is one factor used to figure out how much a slice MA will get of the pie.

Besides, it takes 5 minutes or less to do either paper or digital copy. It's not going to put any hitch in your TP hunting mission.
Not now it doesn't. The results of the census won't be available for likely 2 years, so whatever they do is based on past data, not what you fill out this week.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not now it doesn't. The results of the census won't be available for likely 2 years, so whatever they do is based on past data, not what you fill out this week.
correct. well, a little earlier as 2022 the states will be undergo redistricting following a reapportionment of the number of representatives to Congress. The redistricting must be completed prior to the election cycle for 2022.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
I did it online. Gave them zero information besides who lives here.
I only gave them nicknames and # of residents. Nothing more, no names. And if they come knocking, the nameplate on the door is the prior owner (I'd probably destroy the door if I tried to crow-bar it off) and the $200.00 brass doorknocker is engraved with their name, so I'm not replacing that either.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can you skip all the questions other than the number? If not, the online form is illegal.
Yes.

I was able to skip everything but the count and the names, but the names could entered as "Person 1", "Person 2", "Person 3", etc.

TTBOMR everything else was skippable, but you have to insist a couple times. After two or three "Next" on the page of questions, it would grudgingly move on to the next page. In the end, all they got was a head count from me.

Chances are they'll show up at the door, but I'll yell "COVID!" and "GO AWAY!" through the door. And perhaps even hold up the printout of the confirmation.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but if this was the general attitude of taking the census, that is can wait or is not immediately important, it would never get done. Point being, what we're going to get now is based off of estimates from prior reporting data. Doing the census now will help future proof everyone when it comes time to account for the next disaster. And while I'd never wish this on us again, something in my gut tells me that something like this could happen again in our lifetime.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
after about the 3rd mailing, I just did it online from paper long form they sent.
i only answered a few questions after entering the code
one was is the address correct.
and number of people. I guess is the only real question you need to answer
I added the two people as #1 and #2
then hit next about 30 more times, it would say you need to answer, if you hit next again it would go through all the questions. so i guess every thing is blank.
They need to know nothing

Top Bottom