Who's Participating in the 2020 Census...?

Who's Participating in the 2020 Census...?

• I am...

Votes: 59 57.3%
  • I 'm not...

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • What's a Census...?

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well, if you believe that the constitution is our guiding document, then it is your civic duty to answer the census. Or are you all saying we can ignore parts of the constitution? :)
It is. It is my duty to answer the part of the census that is constitutionally required -- the number of persons living in our home. The rest of BS intrusive questions on the census (and worse, the American Community Survey) are a bureaucratic expansion of the constitutional requirement. If census bureau insists that I answer those, then they can see me in federal court, but I strongly suspect that the US Attorney in Boston has better things to do than to prosecute people who object to certain questions on the census.

mu2bdriver

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hypothetically speaking, if more citizens in MA do not respond their census, wouldn’t it potentially reduce the number of congressional seats for the Commonwealth, and thus reduce the strength of the statist wing of the House?
There was a small movement just like what you are describing trying to gain momentum in California for the reasons you describe.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well, if you believe that the constitution is our guiding document, then it is your civic duty to answer the census. Or are you all saying we can ignore parts of the constitution? :)
In the context of this discussion, I'd rather say voluntarily sacrificing my congressional representation in order to enhance the freedoms of my fellow citizens is a tiny gesture of heroism. [smile]

Kicker96FS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I got the long one last time, kept throwing it in the trash and they would send another. After the 3rd one came, a threatening letter came with it so I answered how many people lived in the house and then scrawled in big block letters "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"
Didn't hear from them again.
That's a response is it not?

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
y'all are doing it wrong! You need to put 356 on your form or some such. think of all those extra votes we could cast if they believe there are MORE people in your district. And think about all the extra Congress Critters you can elect! We need to start playing the game better than the left. How else will we be able to cast more votes for our candidates than actually live in the area if we don't "boost" the numbers?!

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
y'all are doing it wrong! You need to put 356 on your form or some such. think of all those extra votes we could cast if they believe there are MORE people in your district. And think about all the extra Congress Critters you can elect! We need to start playing the game better than the left. How else will we be able to cast more votes for our candidates than actually live in the area if we don't "boost" the numbers?!
First, we don’t want MA to have more congressional representatives. They would all be Democrats.

Second, I think one can make a principled defense for not answering intrusive questions. I would not be comfortable testifying in court about why I lied on a census form.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
356? It's six-figures or nothing...!

356,977 has a ring to it!

I wonder when they would show up for a headcount...

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I thought it was three. At least that's what I learned from Monty Python.
Could be worse if you're a Douglas Adams fan.

2. My number is 2.

Depends on the level of compensation I receive for the time it takes to fill out the form. My going rate is $100/ hour
You work cheap. My consulting rate is $450/hour, 2 hour minimum, hourly increments. 2:15 = 3

Sadly, nobody has taken me up on this. But that's my rate.

MOST of us are saying we will answer the census with the number of residents. That is in accordance with the Constitution.

Last edited:

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
But we live in MA. Maybe we can make that number a negative.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
First, we don’t want MA to have more congressional representatives. They would all be Democrats.

Second, I think one can make a principled defense for not answering intrusive questions. I would not be comfortable testifying in court about why I lied on a census form.
Then you are doing it wrong. Just make up a list of hispanic names and then register them all to vote next election and vote R for all of them. Heck, even get the ballots by mail for all them "it's not illegal to be illegal" in MA "residents" you have living with you. Geesh. Gotta explain it all to you? No wonder MA is dark blue!

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hypothetically speaking, if more citizens in MA do not respond their census, wouldn’t it potentially reduce the number of congressional seats for the Commonwealth, and thus reduce the strength of the statist wing of the House?
Exitism - FTW.

Just make up a list of hispanic names and then register them all to vote next election and vote R for all of them. Heck, even get the ballots by mail for all them "it's not illegal to be illegal" in MA "residents" you have living with you. Geesh. Gotta explain it all to you? No wonder MA is dark blue!
Now you're talkin'.

But it's maybe sufficient to claim everyone in the house is not a legal resident.
Won't directly affect Congressional representation,
but will definitely be the turd in the punch bowl if
national stats get inflated crimalien counts.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
so my college aged daughter got a census form in her dorm in Worcester today. Her RA told her she 'had to' fill it out.

I told her she should only fill one out where her residence was, and if she was declaring her own head of household status, she could undertake her health and car insurance, and her tuition and her horse habit....

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
so my college aged daughter got a census form in her dorm in Worcester today. Her RA told her she 'had to' fill it out.

I told her she should only fill one out where her residence was, and if she was declaring her own head of household status, she could undertake her health and car insurance, and her tuition and her horse habit....
A horse habit can be tough to kick. I would have not raised hay over it.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I was out in the yard last week and they came by for the Pre-Census. Didn't know there was such a thing. Nice kid, showed me his ID and asked if I would answer a couple pre-census questions. Pretty much just wanted to know if it was a single or multi unit house.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre-Census? WTF is that?

I don't answer questions. If you are not here to rake leaves, get the F off my lawn. :D
Coincidentally enough, the last one (Census-census, still don't know what a "Pre-census" is) I was buttonholed by the census-taker while doing yardwork. It really grieved me to give my per-capita-chits to Connecticut.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coincidentally enough, the last one (Census-census, still don't know what a "Pre-census" is) I was buttonholed by the census-taker while doing yardwork. It really grieved me to give my per-capita-chits to Connecticut.
It won't be long now. :emoji_thumbsup:

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They sent a woman to fill to quiz me twice, and I wouldn’t tell her anything.

Then they sent a hippy looking bearded old guy with long hair playing the good guy game,

(In case I was maybe one of those basket of deplorable people)

When I didn’t answer his first 3 questions

He come back with “ok ,if your not comfortable answering those you can just answer the ones you’re comfortable with.”

I agreed, he smiled and asked me something.

My answer was , “I’m not comfortable answering that.”

He looked up ,figured it out, folded up his clipboard and left.

I have received 2 letters since that they may drop me off the voting list since.

My taxes are paid up, my excise taxes on the vehicles are paid ,but they don’t know who lives here.

Reactions: AHM
Top Bottom