• NO. IN GROUND

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knoxy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My 1st year with a pool. Came with my new place. Above ground, 30' diameter.

Had it crystal clear 2 weeks ago. Kids were in it 2 weeks ago.

Neighbors kids all showed up today and were in the pool til sunset.

Big expense and daily maintenance but awesome.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Don't open mine till schools out.
Not worth the hassle or time until then. Gets closed up first week of September too

RDG

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Love our pool. We use it constantly with family and friends. I don’t find it a lot of work to be honest.
Agree...and what time/money I put into the pool, ,my kids get 10X back in enjoyment.

My pools been opened for weeks. First day water was 60 and my kids and friends were in it for over 20 minutes. They didn’t care, the just wanted to swim.

I know where my kids are all summer..... in the pool.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headed to Seasonal today in Foxboro to get parts for our aquabot. One you take the pool cleaning/vacuuming out of the mix, keeping one is much less of a pain in the ass. Ours is open, but needs to have the bot do it's job and clear up the bottom some

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours is open but haven’t let kids in yet. Ladder flanges were beat up and they were a pita to find, but I got the right parts! Just grew lots of grass around the pool so I don’t want kids messing it up, first mow will be tomorrow...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hooked most of it up, except the pump itself. Those have some sort of "nutserts" that have rusted out in the base, where the pump bolts down. I am thinking I may need to drill them out and put toggle bolts, then just drop the toggle part out the bottom every Fall when I remove the pump. Pump is going strong, but some of the base bracket is also rusting out. Once that is done, I will put in the last 6 inches of water (thousand gallons?). Been slowly filling over the past two weeks. Having a well, I don't want to run the well pump too much, even though the test when we bought it was to run for something like 48 hours straight!

Oh, about 61 degrees. Yes, I added some liquid chlorine and have already jumped in after mowing.

kmanick

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
opening ours this week, I love having an in ground pool.
got a pool bot about 7 years ago, now maintenance is a piece of cake.

rosco61

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I don't live on a farm with any horses or a Farm! That's a load of work I would only care to imagine. Our pool is not large making it easier to maintain as well.

pool.jpg

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Working on it; my son, mostly.

Fighting the chemistry; pump motor is constantly tripping out from thermal overload. Ordered a new plug&chug motor for $130

It gets less use, now that the kids are grown, but when they were little, and I was a stay-at-home dad, I read the entire Master & Commander series one summer. When he went back to school, my older boy's blonde hair had partially turned green! [laugh]

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Floridians.... lol
Ya but only this week, I am back in NH late Friday night.... I won't be back until the last weekend in July for 3 days...

But for those of you in New England, I bet you never found an alligator in your pool.. there is a trade off.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just came in from vacuuming the pool. It is very relaxing. The white noise of the pump and water, the cool water below, the silence of the back yard. Gimme more.

Can't wait to swim. Jumped in once so far.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
IMG_0083.jpg
But for those of you in New England, I bet you never found an alligator in your pool.. there is a trade off.
No Gators, but there have been many many Cougars...

I'm in coastal NC. Pool's been open over a month, and is 86°
Opened mine a month ago too. But I keep it set at 84.

Obligatory pool pic...

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just waiting for chems to stabalize and water to warm up a bit. Will vacuum in the AM.

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Opened mine on Memorial Day weekend (above ground 24x16, right off of the deck). I work from home so I use mine a lot and find it worth the little amount of daily work to keep it happy.
I have a frog system to automatically add chlorine and minerals. I add a little PH+ once a week, skim once a day and vacuum once a week. Temp is at 74 degrees as of today, I put a solar blanket on it at night.
in the summer we swim 1-2 times a day.

Top Bottom