Who's looking to buy the 365?

In the same boat, sort of... I've been carrying a P938 for 6 years now and am happy with the platform, performance and overall comfort of CC'ing this firearm. Really hate to spend $500.00+ on a P365 and then another $150.00 - $250.00+ on a holster and a few other accessories. I know the story about the 3 extra rounds but I carry a spare mag or 2 at all times and the reality of getting into a full blown gun battle are pretty slim to none. I'd rather walk away from a confrontation than start one. Right now I'm good with my 7 + 1 P938 for now - guess I'll see how I feel down the road a bit.

While 3 extra rounds are nice to have in a gun that is hardly any bigger than your P938, I have a feeling if you are used to and like the P938 controls and trigger, you might not like moving over to the P365. You then have to ask yourself how much those three extra rounds mean, particularly if that means not only buying the new gun, but buying all the accessories you mention.

This got me thinking though, there is a hack out there to use P290 8rd mags in a P938. Adds about half an inch to the grip height, but considering the P938 is only 3.9" to begin with, there's plenty of room to work with before it becomes unconcealable. Unsure of reliability, but did recall seeing an article where someone Frankenstein'd it all together enough to work.

In the same boat, sort of... I've been carrying a P938 for 6 years now and am happy with the platform, performance and overall comfort of CC'ing this firearm. Really hate to spend $500.00+ on a P365 and then another $150.00 - $250.00+ on a holster and a few other accessories. I know the story about the 3 extra rounds but I carry a spare mag or 2 at all times and the reality of getting into a full blown gun battle are pretty slim to none. I'd rather walk away from a confrontation than start one. Right now I'm good with my 7 + 1 P938 for now - guess I'll see how I feel down the road a bit.

same sentiments from me--938, 7 round+2 6 round mags in the pocket. i'd like to try the 365, but can't justify the expense

same sentiments from me--938, 7 round+2 6 round mags in the pocket. i'd like to try the 365, but can't justify the expense

Went shooting with a buddy from work last weekend. He carrys a 938. I let him try out my 365. He put it down after shooting 3 mags and told me he was going to trade in his 938 for a 365 this week.

Went shooting with a buddy from work last weekend. He carrys a 938. I let him try out my 365. He put it down after shooting 3 mags and told me he was going to trade in his 938 for a 365 this week.

He is going to have a hard time getting much for the 938 as a whole lot of people are dumping them (and Shields/G43 etc). Ran mine again yesterday and am continually surprised how well it shoots for such a small gun, and with the MFT Minimalist holster it's comfortable and stupid easy to conceal.

He is going to have a hard time getting much for the 938 as a whole lot of people are dumping them (and Shields/G43 etc). Ran mine again yesterday and am continually surprised how well it shoots for such a small gun, and with the MFT Minimalist holster it's comfortable and stupid easy to conceal.

I gotta agree with this. Probably better off keeping it. I'll be keeping my West German made P230 and I doubt it will see any range time going forward. Most likely the same for my P239 unless I feel like carrying a .40.

Just picked up my 365 and so far I'm digging the concealability along with the fact that I can run 10+1. Now I just need to grab a few more mags for the range.

I gotta agree with this. Probably better off keeping it. I'll be keeping my West German made P230 and I doubt it will see any range time going forward. Most likely the same for my P239 unless I feel like carrying a .40.

Just remember: The 239 was the sexiest gun that Dana Scully carried.

Jeeesh, what ever happened to buying a gun “just because”? You don’t always have to have a reason to buy a new gun...

But, if you do, I find that “but honey, it’s for the kids” works best in my house.

Mass Firearms sent out an email that they just got them in stock too. Not sure how many or how long they'll last. I was amazed how well it shot and how accurate it is though, I might pick one up just because

Only thing holding me back is I want to try the XL first. If it’s confortable without the extended mag, like my G42 is with just pinky extension, I’ll get the regular 365.

Don't care, still not given up the Glock
MAC's a CZ fanboi and that video is almost a year old

Also have to keep in mind that Mac's initial review was May 2018. That's first batch, as they were just released in January 2018 and it wasn't until around this time that issues where being reported en masse. He presumably kept the same gun for that second video too where he was still having issues. Sig redesigned the striker and made modifications to the slide over the course of 1 announced revision and what some say were quiet revisions after. Point being, if he started his review Fall 2018, he would have had a different take-away. But Mac being Mac gets to play with all the new toys closer to release date. That's not to say Sig didn't F-up on the release. They certainly did. But the resulting modifications seem to have worked and guns from late summer to fall 2018 seem to no longer have these issues, making Mac's initial take moot now as no one should be still using that first batch.

As for keeping Glock instead--there's nothing wrong with that. I'd go as far as to say that there aren't any Glocks in direct comparison. Some will say 43/43X, but the standard 43 is 4 rounds shy of the P365 (more than just a nit-picky amount) and the 43X is over an inch longer in the handle and nearly 3/4 an inch longer in overall length. At those specs, you could be comparing the 43X with the P365 and 12rd mag, at which point the P365 capacity still wins.

But those specs are secondary to personal preference when it comes to ergonomics, controls, and trigger, and I can easily see why someone who has ran Glocks forever might not want to change.

If Glock made this same setup I’d have no reason to buy the Sig.. I have a G26 and G43 and neither conceals as well as the Sig does in summer clothes. Everyone I’ve let shoot it has liked it as well. My wife wants one to carry now to replace her G43 and my brother and his wife both want them to replace their current carry as well so that’s why I’ve been looking to get 3 more without the safety at a reasonable price.

Just picked mine up at my LGS. A deal at $500. Just some dry firing so far but I find the magazine release awkward. Maybe it’s just my arthritis.

Last edited:
Mass Firearms sent out an email that they just got them in stock too. Not sure how many or how long they'll last. I was amazed how well it shot and how accurate it is though, I might pick one up just because

I picked up a P365 today at Mass Firearms and noticed behind the counter the wall was stacked 12 to 15 boxes high for the entire length of the counter. When I commented on the number the salesman said there is a mess more in the backroom. So anyone interested there enough to go around.

Is the Mass. Compliant one only the one with the safety or are both models Mass. compliant?

Free Stat
Is the Mass. Compliant one only the one with the safety or are both models Mass. compliant?
Free State original - No safety, no LCI
Free State w/safe - Safety but no LCI
MA version - Safety and LCI
Only the MA version is MA approved for sale by dealers.

Back
Top Bottom