Who's looking to buy the 365?

I own one. Is the grip the best on earth, NO. It is the most rounds possible in the smallest package. Will the striker weaken after 2k rounds, possibly. It's a carry gun not a range queen. If you're shooting thousands through it change the striker like oil in your car. It's a purpose built gun. Lamborghinis go through clutches in 10k miles, they're owners are not selling them to buy hondas. /thread

Wow. If this isnt the lamest excuse for Sig dropping the ball I dont know what is.
It's a gun, not a Lamborghini, Sigs arent Lamborghini's.
Carry guns are purpose build for defending life and limb, it better work just like any gun that meant for the same purpose, infact it better be more reliable than any gun for it's intended purpose.
Any carry gun used for your protection better be a range queen, practice is key, especially with a carry pistol.
Having to change a striker in any gun after a certain amount of rounds is preposterous.
How would you or anyone else feel if their G43, or shield needed a striker every couple thousand rounds, would it be acceptable? Not a chance.

So everyone quit making excuses for Sig, they had a winner and they screwed it up. I'll sacrifice the 4 extra rounds for having to change a damn striker, or even having to worry about changing it. I'll range queen my 43 so I don't have to worry about needing 4 more rounds and also not have to worry about changing parts like an oil change.
Sad.

Last edited:
Wow. If this isnt the lamest excuse for Sig dropping the ball I dont know what is.
Carry guns are purpose build for defending life and limb, it better work just like any gun that meant for the same purpose, infact it better be more reliable than any gun for it's intended purpose.
Any carry gun used for your protection better be a range queen, practice is key, especially with a carry pistol.
Having to change a striker in any gun after a certain amount of rounds is preposterous.
How would you or anyone else feel if their G43, or shield needed a striker every couple thousand rounds, would it be acceptable? Not a chance.

So everyone quit making excuses for Sig, they had a winner and they screwed it up. I'll sacrifice the 4 extra rounds for having to change a damn striker, or even having to worry about changing it. I'll range queen my 43 so I don't have to worry about needing 4 more rounds and also not have to worry about changing parts like an oil change.
Sad.

The striker is fine.

Is anybody else not that pleased with the roughness of the grip against the skin? It's like a freaking hunk of 80 grit while driving using a Crossbreed IWB.

Sad.

I agree with your entire first paragraph. However, Sig appears to have identified and remedied the striker issue already, with Rev 2's out late last summer/early fall that supposedly addressed the fire pin metal composition and chamfering the pin hole at battery. There have been no significant issues in these latest batches, at least not to the extent of the first batches.

No excuses for Sig's botched release, but I do feel that people are dwelling on the initial problems just as much as people are making excuses for them. Just about every major brand has had a recall at some point. If they fix it and make it right by early buyers, then I don't see the issue when the long term result ends up being positive. They had a winner, screwed it up, fixed it, and now have a winner again.

Is anybody else not that pleased with the roughness of the grip against the skin? It's like a freaking hunk of 80 grit while driving using a Crossbreed IWB.

I agree that the texture of the grip is pretty rough and noted that in my range review My P365 Range Trip/Observations Update #3. At the range, I simply put a small piece of electrical or duct tape on the one spot that digs into my palm. I'm sure I won't notice the "bite" if I have to use the gun in a self defense situation and would appreciate the rough grip if my hand was wet with sweat, blood or mud!

Just ran 120 flawless rounds thru it. Slight striker drag but it doesn't extend out into the brass case. Either it shoots a tad to the left or my old eyes are having an argument with the sights. I'll bench shoot it next trip to determine and go from there.

I'm going to address the grip abrasion at the 330-400 o'clock area of my back one way or another. I'll look into the Talon Grips and also saw another option while looking at triggers.

Doesn’t matter to me I have the version without.. but I would never buy the version with it’s a poorly executed afterthought

Yeah, agreed that it isn't optimal, but can you blame Sig for slapping on a minimal qualifying safety for compliance and to save the trigger, or does the blame belong to the jurisdiction imposing the compliance? At least with Sig, you can buy the gun. All Glock ever had to do is slap on a safety like this and then Maura wouldn't have any more arguments against the brand. And before anyone gets into a tizzy explaining to me you can still legally obtain Glocks here and that safeties on Glocks don't make sense: Yes, I know how to buy one here, but it isn't exactly as easy as waltzing down to your LGS and buying the latest gen direct from the factory. And I'd put up with the safety if it meant abundant availability of the latest gen models at competitive pricing.

Woohoo! The safety doesn't look that bad. I will say, I wish more manufacturers went with the HK mag release though.

Yeah, agreed that it isn't optimal, but can you blame Sig for slapping on a minimal qualifying safety for compliance and to save the trigger, or does the blame belong to the jurisdiction imposing the compliance? At least with Sig, you can buy the gun. All Glock ever had to do is slap on a safety like this and then Maura wouldn't have any more arguments against the brand. And before anyone gets into a tizzy explaining to me you can still legally obtain Glocks here and that safeties on Glocks don't make sense: Yes, I know how to buy one here, but it isn't exactly as easy as waltzing down to your LGS and buying the latest gen direct from the factory. And I'd put up with the safety if it meant abundant availability of the latest gen models at competitive pricing.

Glocks are on the approved roster now.

Last edited:
Got a email from Sig today that P365 with safety is available.

full

Frank

So, what happens to the 938 now? I can’t imagine there’s any value to Sig to keep them both in production. Am I alone in that thinking?

What advantage is there to a 7+1 hammer fire versus a 10+1 striker?

So, what happens to the 938 now? I can’t imagine there’s any value to Sig to keep them both in production. Am I alone in that thinking?

What advantage is there to a 7+1 hammer fire versus a 10+1 striker?

Not to mention the fact that there's a glut of used 938s for sale right now from people switching over to the 365 as their EDC gun.

Frank

Not to mention the fact that there's a glut of used 938s for sale right now from people switching over to the 365 as their EDC gun.

Frank

My point exactly - it’s a buyer’s market, but everyone that purchased a 938 (and any/all sorts of accessories and magazines) is kind of screwed.

They are already flying off the shelves of Gunbroker. Was going to pull trigger on one listed by Kittery Trading Post but had company at the time and failed to snag it.

Doesn’t matter to me I have the version without.. but I would never buy the version with it’s a poorly executed afterthought

I'm with'ya. I had a P99. It was a decent gun. But that decocker thing bugged the P out of me. I didn't want a DA/SA gun. But leaving it on SA and just stuffing it into a holster seemed a bit careless. It would take a lot to move that trigger all the way back, but it was something about HAVING the decocker that made it seem more "dangerous." I'll take my non-safety pistols without safeties. ;)

Great! So you're saying that my civilian ass self can go to my LGS and buy a brand new gen 5 G19 MOS now?

I believe so. I don’t know any LGSs that are carrying them, but isn’t that what happens if you’re on the EOPS list?

As an aside, I love my Gen5 G19 MOS.

Frank

My point exactly - it’s a buyer’s market, but everyone that purchased a 938 (and any/all sorts of accessories and magazines) is kind of screwed.

carrying a 938 for a few years. if i run into a new 365 at the right price i'll buy it, but why sell my 938??? it works, and as has been said, 1 is none, 2 is 1

no, i don't carry 2 guns, but if 1 needs service, i like a back-up EDC

So now there are 3 versions available, the original 365-9-BXR3, the 365-9-BXR3-MS which has the manual safety but is not MA compliant, and the 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA which has the manual safety and a loaded chamber indicator and is the one submitted and approved for MA. They all ship with 2 10 round mags (one flush fit, one extended). And for those outside the PRM there is the 12 and 15 round mags, but they only ship with the 10.

Back
Top Bottom