• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's looking to buy the 365?

I rented one and shot it side by side with my full size P320. Loved it. Groups were as tight as my full size at 7 and 10 yards.

Honestly, I think it is more me than the gun. I really, really want to love it. Factory trigger is great for factory. Short take up, crisp break, and very tactile and short reset. Build quality is excellent. Polymer seams are as perfect as you can get on a polymer hand gun. Slide is rock solid on rails--no wobble at all. Sig sights are bright. Stippling is the perfect mix of aggressive, yet not uncomfortable. It has the full package as far as subcompacts go, but I just can't shoot it. Granted, I'm not a great shot yet in general, but my 7 yard groupings are wild. Low precision, but decent accuracy type groupings. I switch back to the Shield and I'm decent precision/decent accuracy. I'm convinced my hand just doesn't work with the rear backstrap.

I'm going to get those mag extensions that simulate the 12 rd mag, but just add grip length. I'm actually torn about that, as it kind of defeats buying this size gun if I'm just going to make it larger without adding capacity, but if I can't shoot it reasonably good now, what's the point?

I don't understand why people buy a compact gun and then immediately make it non compact by putting in an extended magazine. The thing that makes a compact gun compact is the grip frame. The barrel could be 6 inches long and still be pocketable, but extend the grip frame and it's near impossible to conceal. Why not just learn to shoot it with a good two finger grip? Or why not just say screw it and carry a full size gun? I mean, who really gives a shit if it's a bit visible?
You need to shoot more variety and more often.
The extended mag adds 2 rounds, but only add about 1\4" to the grip length. Just enough to put the edge past my finger, giving me better control, and making a lot practice a non painful event, which make me even more proficient.

But wait, maybe you're from MA and don't get to have 12 round mags. [wink]

Renaissance Firearms abused the hell out of one in this vid. Shot it with a 9mm and blew it up with tannerite. Still works fine. I believe the owner actually carries that same gun as his edc.

Last edited:
Bought a 2019 version. Put about 120-150 rounds through it. 100% reliable. Comfortable, accurate and now my go to CCW. it’s replacing a G43.

You need to shoot more variety and more often.
The extended mag adds 2 rounds, but only add about 1\4" to the grip length. Just enough to put the edge past my finger, giving me better control, and making a lot practice a non painful event, which make me even more proficient.

But wait, maybe you're from MA and don't get to have 12 round mags. [wink]
I need to shoot more variety more often? Why, what do I shoot now, and how often do I shoot?

Honestly, I think it is more me than the gun. I really, really want to love it. Factory trigger is great for factory. Short take up, crisp break, and very tactile and short reset. Build quality is excellent. Polymer seams are as perfect as you can get on a polymer hand gun. Slide is rock solid on rails--no wobble at all. Sig sights are bright. Stippling is the perfect mix of aggressive, yet not uncomfortable. It has the full package as far as subcompacts go, but I just can't shoot it. Granted, I'm not a great shot yet in general, but my 7 yard groupings are wild. Low precision, but decent accuracy type groupings. I switch back to the Shield and I'm decent precision/decent accuracy. I'm convinced my hand just doesn't work with the rear backstrap.

I'm going to get those mag extensions that simulate the 12 rd mag, but just add grip length. I'm actually torn about that, as it kind of defeats buying this size gun if I'm just going to make it larger without adding capacity, but if I can't shoot it reasonably good now, what's the point?

I've been shooting for about 34 years and seem to be fairly accurate (combat accurate) with most any handgun I've tried. I would say I have small hands with short, fat fingers and virtually any double stack pistol feels like a brick to me, yet, I have a couple Glocks (9mm & .45ACP) and can shoot them pretty well. I love 1911 style pistols because their single stack frames fit my hand the best when it comes to full sized pistols.

My experience with compact or micro size pistols is limited, but when I handled a P365 at a LGS last November, I thought the fit was absolutely perfect! The point is, I think anyone will shoot one gun better than another if your grip is perfect and it feels like it is an extension of your hand. The more you shoot, you will learn to compensate for less than an ideal grip and still manage respectable groups, it will come with experience. If you really love everything about the gun, but just don't seem to be as accurate as you would like to be, I would say just keep shooting it and concentrate on the fundamentals for every shot. If, after you feel you've given it a good effort, you're still not shooting it as well as other guns, just go with what you do shoot well. The extra rounds it offers over other similarly sized pistols won't help if you can't reliably hit your intended target.

If you are so inclined, see my range report My P365 Range Trip/Observations Update #3

Bought a 2019 version. Put about 120-150 rounds through it. 100% reliable. Comfortable, accurate and now my go to CCW. it’s replacing a G43.

I can see having the 10 rds versus 6 rds, but is it replacing the Glock 26 for you guys?

I can see having the 10 rds versus 6 rds, but is it replacing the Glock 26 for you guys?

Depends on your ability to comfortably conceal the G26. If you have no issues, then some might see this as a lateral move. But the P365 is significantly smaller all around, particularly in grip width. It absolutely disappears under even just a t shirt wearing it appendix.

I don't understand why people buy a compact gun and then immediately make it non compact by putting in an extended magazine. The thing that makes a compact gun compact is the grip frame. The barrel could be 6 inches long and still be pocketable, but extend the grip frame and it's near impossible to conceal. Why not just learn to shoot it with a good two finger grip? Or why not just say screw it and carry a full size gun? I mean, who really gives a shit if it's a bit visible?
With the right holster the difference in concealability between the 10 round flush mag and the 10 round extended mag is negligible. I carry AIWB with a PJ's kydex holster. Pocket carry would be a different story.

It's worth pointing out that the P365 with the 12rd extended mag is still shorter (rear sight to bottom of mag) than a Shield with 8rd mag and about the same height as a G43 with pinky mag.

My experience is I first carried the Shield, then Glock 26, then LC9s and now 365. It just seems to work for me for easy EDC and have not had one issue.

The mag release on the 365 was impossible for me to reach without adjusting my grip. Had a G43. Very good trigger with the newest connector. Replaced it with a free state Shield 2.0, which has the best factory trigger I have ever tried, and I think I've tried almost everything. Controls all within reach. Smooth 5.5 lbs with absolutely no grit, and a reset that's very easy to feel and hear.

Last edited:
Depends on your ability to comfortably conceal the G26. If you have no issues, then some might see this as a lateral move. But the P365 is significantly smaller all around, particularly in grip width. It absolutely disappears under even just a t shirt wearing it appendix.

The G26 is easy to conceal. Its just more difficult to carry COMFORTABLY than the 365 or G43. Its small but fat. And much heavier.

People say, oh well the difference here is only 1/2 in and its only 1/4 in here bla bla blah. That tells me you don't know what you are talking aobut. Anyone who has actually ever handled and carried a 26 vs a 43 or 365 knows they are overall MUCH less bulky than a 26.

Most people are not even quite sure where they're standing at the moment let alone noticing someone CC'ing a handgun.

So true. I stopped giving a $hit if people spot me carrying. It is more about comfort for me these days, than concealability.

I couldn't agree more. The more I carry the more I stop looking around wondering who's looking. None of their business!

Me too.

Also, I do want the version with the safety. Are any MA shops carrying these yet?

Me too.

Also, I do want the version with the safety. Are any MA shops carrying these yet?

No, not yet. The place where I've placed a deposit down on one is still saying "expected to arrive in July or August according to our sources at Sig", and they have a pretty large order in for them.

Frank

No, not yet. The place where I've placed a deposit down on one is still saying "expected to arrive in July or August according to our sources at Sig", and they have a pretty large order in for them.

Frank

Bummer. I guess I need to add myself to a list too. I’ll ask my 2-3 go-to’s and see who has the shortest.

I'd not care about carrying, but my clients might care. And I care that they care. Some jamoke on the street?? I don't care.

The G26 is easy to conceal. Its just more difficult to carry COMFORTABLY than the 365 or G43. Its small but fat. And much heavier.

People say, oh well the difference here is only 1/2 in and its only 1/4 in here bla bla blah. That tells me you don't know what you are talking aobut. Anyone who has actually ever handled and carried a 26 vs a 43 or 365 knows they are overall MUCH less bulky than a 26.

We're saying the same thing. I said "comfortably conceal". You said "carry comfortably". I said the "the p365 is significantly smaller, particularly in the grip width". You said "overall much less bulky than a 26".

Brought the family to see End Game last weekend. Slipped the 365 in my jeans pocket with the 12 round mag. Nobody noticed I was carrying, not even the wife which is surprising considering she is highly aware of my poor fashion sense and always gives me a hard look over before being seen in public with me.

Back
Top Bottom