Who's looking to buy the 365?

You can always get an AR to match your purse if you need to make a fashion statement. :D

OP, go with the old school PPS (with the paddle mag release). So good, everyone copied it. And most of NES hates it but has no good reason to hate it = good.

Love me some paddle mag. I’ve got a PPS M1, two PPQ and VP9. [smile]

I've got a 43 and a 365. The size difference is minimal. VERY minimal. Without touching the other, I find the 365 is much more comfortable in my hand. Surprisingly so. I think it would print less as well.

But if I pick up one, then the other, and back, there is NO question that I have more real-estate purchase on the grip of the G43. I have to believe its' more controllable. I need to find time to take them both to the range. :)

I've got a 43 and a 365. The size difference is minimal. VERY minimal. Without touching the other, I find the 365 is much more comfortable in my hand. Surprisingly so. I think it would print less as well.

But if I pick up one, then the other, and back, there is NO question that I have more real-estate purchase on the grip of the G43. I have to believe its' more controllable. I need to find time to take them both to the range. :)

Did you do any work on the Glock trigger? I cannot stand the stock Glock. My primary carry is a G27 and I spent several months polishing and upgrading parts until I found a sweet spot. I still shudder every time I pull on a stock one.

Now the P365 has the long take up but it is smooth and not the plastic and gritty feel with a trigger safety that jabs your finger pad. But it was the way the P365 felt in my large hands that blows away any other micro compact I have held. And that one factor seals the deal.

Ive got both too.. had the G43 for about a year now and just got the 365 a week ago and have yet to shoot it for that comparison. in hand they both fit fine but being that I own other Glocks the 43 just feels more at home and to me just a more solid frame overall. I got the 365 for its capacity more than anything else. the mags are a total bitch to load without the help of a loader which is a big negative versus the Glock. Will shoot it real soon for a trigger comparison

I've got both as well, and I don't think any gun will ever feel better than a Glock does in my hands. But, that's not why I bought the P365. It was for the 4 extra rounds in what amounts to about the same size package. Sure, it was a lot to pay for 4 extra rounds, but I figure I'm worth it.

Maybe. Seems like an interesting little gun. I'll wait till its been out a few years and all the kinks have been worked out of the design before i consider one. I dont want to be sending the thing back for quarterly "voluntary upgrades".

I had my heart set on the 43X and am a huge Glock fan, have quite a few and played with the 43X. Liked it,.. UNTIL I tried the Sig. ..... never in a million years did I even consider 365.
I tried it and I loved it. it's 100% so spot on. So worth picking up. No regrets at all.

I had my heart set on the 43X and am a huge Glock fan, have quite a few and played with the 43X. Liked it,.. UNTIL I tried the Sig. ..... never in a million years did I even consider 365.
I tried it and I loved it. it's 100% so spot on. So worth picking up. No regrets at all.

I feel the same way. Knew and heard about it since release but was never interested. I carry Glock and it’s been good to me. Time comes for the wife to find a new piece and I’m all try the Glock or S&W until she handled the Sig P365. The search was over. Talks about it daily. Might even end up with one myself. Time will tell...

Yup, same here, I was also looking at the G48. Glad I started to check out the P365 before I bought one of the Glock’s.

Any striker drag issues? abnormal wear?
I have two. One is a year old with over 3500 (first 1500 no cleaning) rounds no problems, the second is a month old with 1000 rounds (no cleaning) no problems.
There is striker drag on both, wear is a about normal for the round count. The one thing I have noticed is a little bit of peening around the edges of the barrel lug. It's solid.

I have two. One is a year old with over 3500 (first 1500 no cleaning) rounds no problems, the second is a month old with 1000 rounds (no cleaning) no problems.
There is striker drag on both, wear is a about normal for the round count. The one thing I have noticed is a little bit of peening around the edges of the barrel lug. It's solid.

How noticeable is the drag?

shot mine first time today and it is a nice shooter overall not as snappy as maybe I expected it to be. trigger was better than I expected as well. Shot WWB and Liberty Civil defense through it no issues with either. there was some primer drag on a few of the casings but nothing to be too concerned about. I got the Pearce mag extensions today put them on makes the handle a 3 finger handle for me which is much more comfortable overall. very happy with this add on both in function and fit/finish.

I own one. Is the grip the best on earth, NO. It is the most rounds possible in the smallest package. Will the striker weaken after 2k rounds, possibly. It's a carry gun not a range queen. If you're shooting thousands through it change the striker like oil in your car. It's a purpose built gun. Lamborghinis go through clutches in 10k miles, they're owners are not selling them to buy hondas. /thread

Last edited:
Did you do any work on the Glock trigger? I cannot stand the stock Glock. My primary carry is a G27 and I spent several months polishing and upgrading parts until I found a sweet spot. I still shudder every time I pull on a stock one.

Now the P365 has the long take up but it is smooth and not the plastic and gritty feel with a trigger safety that jabs your finger pad. But it was the way the P365 felt in my large hands that blows away any other micro compact I have held. And that one factor seals the deal.

Years ago, I did a lot of work on my Glock triggers. Never swapped parts, but definitely did a lot of polishing and such. After that? Not too much if any.

But come to think of it, I might have worked the G43 trigger a bit. Just to speed up the break-in period. Nothing more.

My big issue is weight on a trigger. Too heavy sucks for me. Hence I don't like carrying a revolver. It's just too much, too long. Lots of guys LOVE revolvers because they can stack the trigger. That's dangerous in a survival situation. I wanna just pull when I need BANG and not when I don't. So that Glock SPROINK trigger isn't a big deal to me.

I do have a P80 that has a Lone Wolf something connector in it. I was amazed at how much smoother that sucker is versus any of my Glocks. Just that one part alone made a huge difference. Better than any Sig for sure.

The 365 points very naturally for me, and is replacing a G43, in spite of two minor annoyances (mag release is a bit awkward, as is stripping the magazine). I'm keeping my Shield because it's a foty and it's too much to handle, so no one will buy it.

well, after firing the PC Shield and a G26, I'm going for the G26. I think the little size difference over the P365 is worth it.

I really want a 365. But I'm conflicted. Size, capacity, its got it all.

But I like to shoot my carry guns. My G43 has according to my logs ~2500 rounds through it. Will a P365 allow that??

I don't know. So I'm waiting.

Re Glock triggers - they are obviously not ideal. With respect to double stack Glocks. A quick switch to the "-" connector that comes stock in a 34, 35, and 41, combined with a little fluff and buff, makes a HUGE improvement in the trigger.

If you have a G42 or 43 with horrible stacking just before release, contact your dealer. Glock made a running change to the connector that was a great improvement. I originally put an aftermarket connector in my 42, but with the improved connector I've switched my 42 back to a Glock. Glock won't ship the connector directly to you unless you are a Glock certified armorer or stocking dealer.

One thing to keep in mind, the connector determines how far back the striker is pulled before it is released. So aftermarket is not ideal. I tested both of my guns with steel cased Russian ammo known to have hard primers as well as a couple of hundred of my reloads before I trusted the connector.

So anyway, I'm hoping that we get some P365s up in the 5000 round count range with good reliability, then I think I'll pull the trigger on one.

Why wouldn’t you think a Sig could get to the 5000 round mark? And if it failed at the 3000, or any # of rounds Sig will fix it. Guns are mechanical devices, they will all fail at some point if they are used regularly. I’m not so worried about that as I am about how reliable it is up until it fails.

Yeah. But remember those 92's that would have the slide come back, imbed in your forehead at, like 1,500 rounds?? Death machines, they were! Remember, the FS in 92FS is for FULL STOP!

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Maybe because I watched the two Military Arms Channel videos posted near the beginning of this thread?

Fair enough, I came to this thread late. I must have missed those. I’m glad though, or I may have been persuaded not to buy one. I doubt mine will ever get to 5000 rounds. None of my carry guns will, but I’m not concerned. But I can see where someone might be. Personally, if I really enjoyed shooting any of my carry guns I’d get a second one to shoot a lot and rotate them around cleanings.

Why wouldn’t you think a Sig could get to the 5000 round mark? And if it failed at the 3000, or any # of rounds Sig will fix it. Guns are mechanical devices, they will all fail at some point if they are used regularly. I’m not so worried about that as I am about how reliable it is up until it fails.

I'm not saying it couldn't. But with the number of broken strikers that have in fact happened, its not something I'm comfortable with.

If you are someone who shoots 100 rounds per year out of your compact carry gun, then I'm sure the 365 is an excellent choice.

First, monetized media shouldn't be trusted. Second, they've made changes to the gun and almost all reports I've seen (from actual usage) seem to indicate it's good to go for a while now.

Which is why I didn't slam the gun. I REALLY want one. Its a bit smaller than my 43 and holds 4 more rounds. But I want to see a history of reliability. Particularly with people who actually shoot their carry guns.

I don't understand why people buy a compact gun and then immediately make it non compact by putting in an extended magazine. The thing that makes a compact gun compact is the grip frame. The barrel could be 6 inches long and still be pocketable, but extend the grip frame and it's near impossible to conceal. Why not just learn to shoot it with a good two finger grip? Or why not just say screw it and carry a full size gun? I mean, who really gives a shit if it's a bit visible?

I've had a P365 free state for a while now. I do love the build quality and the 10+1rds, but I can't seem to shoot it worth a damn. Tried various different grip techniques and stances. Just can't seem to lock it in as well as my Shield. I also don't like the backstrap of the P365. Bottom corner digs into my hand, even with the pinky mag. I've started carrying my Shield gen 1 with Apex and Magguts again. I'll keep trying with the P365, but until I can confidently get good groupings, those 2 extra rounds don't mean shit for me.
I rented one and shot it side by side with my full size P320. Loved it. Groups were as tight as my full size at 7 and 10 yards.

Back
Top Bottom