Who's here from NY?

I thought the mob slayings two houses down were kind of cool, but then, I was 5.

We had drug dealers offing their competition in the next neighborhood over. Just last month a kid whose parents still live in the neighborhood offed his roommate in Brooklyn, drove the body to my parent's neighborhood, chopped it to pieces and threw the bits into the sump (water recharge basin or big hole in the ground for non LI'ers). Some guy was walking his dog in there and found them. BTW: Sumps are fun, they are good for frog giggn', BMXing and quad/dirtbike hill climbs...

PS: This is suburbia out east near Port Jeff, not the shit holes west.

Moved here from Nassau County, Long Isle!

Miss the chinese food, diners, and bagels. Oh yea, and my parents/brother who are still "back home".

Born and raised on Lawn Gyland(Bayport). Hhad a good time growing up, but the quality of life has taken a beating and NY is going to be one of the first state's to fail.

Born and raised in Setauket NY. Moved here in 2001, haven't had a good bagel since, and just try and ask for garlic knots at a pizza(that's another topic) place up here. You still couldn't pay me to move back. My kids are still on Long Island, and I still go racing in the summer time at Riverhead.

Born and raised in Setauket NY. Moved here in 2001, haven't had a good bagel since, and just try and ask for garlic knots at a pizza(that's another topic) place up here. You still couldn't pay me to move back. My kids are still on Long Island, and I still go racing in the summer time at Riverhead.

I have my parents bring up bagels. I didn't think about them bring up some pizza and knots. That isn't a bad idea. [grin]

I am from Rochester, NY .... spent the last year and a half waiting for my pistol permit and I finally got it in the mail this week!!! What a horrific process

I am from Rochester, NY .... spent the last year and a half waiting for my pistol permit and I finally got it in the mail this week!!! What a horrific process

Year and a half? I have heard it normally takes 6-9 months but a year and a half is beyond ridiculous.

Where in the Rochester area? I have family there... PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

I'm from Rochester too (Victor to be exact). I'm also waiting on my pistol permit right now.

I grew up in Webster and my parents still live there 1/2 of the year. I have a brother in Fairport and a brother in the Chili area.

We used to go to the mall in victor all the time!

born and raised in the Bronx, college on Long Island, lastly living in MA since '86.

Living in East Tennessee for the next several years, but a Long Islander for most of my life. Would love it if by the time I return home New York had a "shall issue" CCW law on the books. I've gotten used to living in a "civilized" state like TN, carrying my Colt M1911 daily. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom