Who's here from NY?

Just out of curiosity, how many of us New Yawkers are there here?

Regards
John
Mid-Hudson Valley

In God I Trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from California originally, but my wife is from Uniondale. We still keep a second home out in Hampton Bays that we're renting out right now.

Ken

OK, I'll admit it. I grew up on Long Island. But this was when the Expressway stopped at Smithtown, and there were still duck farms and potato fields everywhere.

Grew up in Pittsford, NY and lived in Rochester, NY until 1987 - had memberships at Rochester Rifle and Genessee Conservation League when I lived out there.

OK, I'll admit it. I grew up on Long Island. But this was when the Expressway stopped at Smithtown, and there were still duck farms and potato fields everywhere.

Same here - but the LIE is just South of Smithtown, which is at the terminus of Northern Parkway. Left in 1960, when it was still considered "the boonies" but family was there until 1986.

Hello,
From Putnam Valley and waiting for my CC permit. Raised in the Bronx

Also joined NYSRPA & NRA

Last edited:
Work at the N.Y. National Guard Museum in Saratoga Springs, and live just east of there in Cambridge, N.Y. in Washington County.....God's country[smile]

Grew up in Perth NY (north of Amsterdam)
Undergraduate from Cortland
Graduate from Saint Rose (Albany)
Then moved to Salem...........

We ALL know what "lake-effect snow" is!

Oh yeah. My Dad and I left Ithaca on Dec 22 -- I'd finally finished grad school. Two cars, mine pulling a trailer. It was wicked cold when we left. We were on 17 going west, headed to Chicago. The wind picked up big time. 50+ mph. Then it started snowing. We made it to scenic, downtown Homer, NY before they closed the roads. All of the roads. In the county. Big time snow. Big time wind. 20 degrees below zero.

We, along with 40 other people, spent two days in a dive hotel above a beer-and-a-shot bar in Homer. One phone, in the kitchen. Bathroom down the hall. Not much heat or hot water. One TV, in the bar.

We finally made our way out two days later-- the plow crew had plowed the road to I80 so that an ambulance could get to Buffalo. 20 miles away there was hardly any snow. [angry][angry2]

Back
Top Bottom