Who's heading out tomorrow. For the season opener zones 10 -14

NES Member
Everything's all set and ready to go. Headed out in the a.m. hope to be in the woods by 5:30. Wind is in my favor sucks temperature is going to be little warmer than I would like. Anyone else headed out for the season opener?

I saw a couple right at first light but that was it. It's too warm and windy for them to be moving around, I'm already done for the day.

Not sure if anyone lives out by Burlington, but last night getting off i95n onto 3n I saw a solid buck chilling out on the clover leaf, dunno if that's public land though like the landlocked bit up on the other side.

Deer season for me starts next month and I got the itch to get out bad.

I'm about to call it myself. I've been saying I'm going to give it 15 more minutes for the past hour.

Maybe head out and get some lunch in a bit guys. Head back up around 2-3pm and sit until 1/2 past. All my cameras in Zone 9 are showing 4-7 pm as highly active movements to the food plots.

God be with you all and stay safe up in the air.

Maybe head out and get some lunch in a bit guys. Head back up around 2-3pm and sit until 1/2 past. All my cameras in Zone 9 are showing 4-7 pm as highly active movements to the food plots.

God be with you all and stay safe up in the air.
It's awfully windy out there today. Yesterday I thought they said 10 to 12 it's more like 20 to 25.

A buddy of mine is up in a tree in Marshfield. I hope he is facing SSW! But yeah I just checked the wind reports and it’s gusting at 30mph down towards the Cape. Unfortunately that’s a bad recipe for bow hunters I guess.

I hit it from about 4:00 A to 1:00. Was on stand until about 10:00 then got down and did a lil in-season scouting. Saw one on the way in before shooting hours, kicked up 2 while scouting. I think I know the bedding area they went to. So I'm going to try a run and gun bump and dump on them in the evening. We'll see what comes out. I cam home at about 1:00 because I ran out of water and had to see a man about a horse.

I wouldn't let the wind keep you home. It's great cover noise for still hunting and in-season scouting. You can't put em on the ground from the couch...

I wouldn't let the wind keep you home. It's great cover noise for still hunting and in-season scouting. You can't put em on the ground from the couch...

Nothing untrue about that. I don't have a bow yet but maybe next year. I did scout some myself today and setup another cam on some sweet looking land. (Pic not taken today)
2492AA19-678C-438E-9992-A4E5F2FB77A2.png

I saw a couple right at first light but that was it. It's too warm and windy for them to be moving around, I'm already done for the day.

We shoot deer in CT Sept 15 when its really warm out. Deer move when it’s warm out. Yes it is usually at the edge of dawn or dusk, but ive taken does at noon time on warm sunny days.

I will admit movements slow down id you get a real warm November when they have their winter coats on.

Back
Top Bottom