• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's going shooting today?

Obie1

NES Member
My boy is home from CA for a few days. He doesn't get to shoot there, so when he wakes up (at noon, I'm guessing), we're taking his friend out to the farm to bust some caps. Right now I'm filling magazines and realizing I need to get some more .223.

I'm headed to my club range in Somers, CT to meet up with a buddy and his friends. I'm bringing my new "frankenrifle". It's a SGWorks bullpup stock that uses an SKS barreled action. I decided that since I can't buy an AR15 here anymore (unless it's a preban) I needed something to play with and I love the 762x39 ammo of which I've got a pile. So, this will be the best of what I can do anymore. Should be fun! In addition, I'll be bringing my Garand and my 03A3 in deference to Memorial Day. They'll get to shoot just a bit, too.

Rome

Probably head out around 12. Gonna exercise a 642, P239 and a SR9c that have been loafing in the safe for awhile.

ETA: almost forgot, got some pre-ban high caps for the G17 that I have to test for function [wink]

Last edited:
I was hoping for tomorrow but they are delivering my new lawn tractor 2 weeks early and I still have a lot to clean out of my garage to make space for it!

ETA: Our town has Memorial Day tributes today to the fallen, we always attend. After that we have a bit of shopping to do (including getting rid of some stuff taking space in the garage) and back to cleaning out the garage.

Last edited:
Sure... just have to step out the back door...
Loaded up some LHBWC in .38 and cast some plinkers in 6.5mm and .30 caliber, so I can go out and ring some steel today...why not!

Gee... and just a month or two back...

Last edited:
Ended up shooting some clays and then the 10/22 and 1911.
Ran through a batch of new .45 reloads.
Great accuracy and shoot clean.
Life is good. [smile]

Went this afternoon to try out some reloads and check out how a new firing pin spring solve a misfire problem on a CZ 527 in 7.62 x 39.

Just came back from the range with my father, good times!!!

Shot:
Glock 30, 23, 27
Glock 23 registered SBR
FN- FNP tactical
LWRC SPR.

Tomorrow evening is rifle night at the club. Lookin forward to bringing some toys!

Went with wife yesterday, shot clays. Missed more than I hit. Must have been the wind. Then indoor for 100 rounds of 9mm through 92FS and s&w shield.
Going tomorrow morning with daughter to shoot .22 and 9mm indoor again. Then to Memorial day parade. Damn good weekend I'd say.

Hit the range today to test my 9mm reloads.... Need more powder. Took my 3rd kids and he shot the mark I I and I shot the Mark III hunter. The soda cans had no chance.

A good time was had, and a few hundred bucks in ammo was spent.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mem day shootin 014.jpg
    Mem day shootin 014.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Mem day shootin 002.jpg
    Mem day shootin 002.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 76
I drove down to MCB Quantico with a couple friends and shot a high power match. We all had a great time!

Got out Friday with the sks. .
Open sights hitting at 200 yds. 20150522_191221.jpg
then caught a few fish. 20150522_195833.jpg
Grilled nicely...good tasting. 20150524_181456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom