Who's going out 10/12?

SAV

I hope to be in my stand by 5AM in Hamilton, and plan to sit until 10AM (about as long as my back can take it). Then I'll walk across the property to set up a pop-up blind (I have a friend with a bum hip who will join me for shotgun).

In the afternoon I may try a stand I built in Wakefield.

Good luck everyone!

I was going to set up a thread on this alone but I figured I'll save the space and say it here. Good luck and be safe to all who go out tomorrow.

Deer- 1 Hunter46- 0.....I saw 2 doe's just out of range and took a 25 yard shot at a 8pnt.....guess who won...opening morning jitters????? on my way out now for my evening post

I have my ladder stand all put together in the garage, Im going to try to drag it into the woods and set it up tomorrow, and be in it when things slow down later this week.

On Monday was in an hour before legal shooting time, because I read the chart wrong! LOL. Saw lots of squirrels and acorns, the noise level was startling. Saw nothing in Hamilton and left at 1:30PM

Was in Wakefield by 2:30 PM and had a 3 pointer sneak up behind me. He was smelling my hung scent drag at 10 paces, and saw me as I turned my head. He slowly walked away to 40 yards, staring at me all the while. He stayed there about 10 minutes before wandering away.

Oh well! Good luck all!!!

PS. Heard there were 8 pickups parked along Rte 3 SB from Bedford to Lexington. At least 3 with no tailgates; I guess that makes it easier loading deer!

Got one tonight. Small doe about 75 lbs field dressed. Got it at 25 yards or so and made a perfect heart shot. It ran about 40 feet and fell over right in front of me. Perfect! It was all over in about 15 seconds .
Got some liver and onions cooking as I type. [smile]

Got one tonight. Small doe about 75 lbs field dressed. Got it at 25 yards or so and made a perfect heart shot. It ran about 40 feet and fell over right in front of me. Perfect! It was all over in about 15 seconds .

Congrats!!!!

Was in stand from dark to dark (with the exception of lunch 12:30-1:30) and saw nothing. Probably the most hours I've put in on stand in one day ever. Sucks. I had extremely high hopes for Monday. There's been a lot of deer coming by and smiling at my camera. I'll now just have couple of hours here and there until Shotgun.

There were two headed toward my area and scared off by a squirrel hunter shooting his .22 (who the F hunts squirrel on opening day of bow season?). A guy in close by stand gave me the bad news at lunch. He watched them bolt from the shot.

I picked up a 2 man stand for my son and I. (he's 7)
I'll hang it tomorow and hopefully we will be in it at sunrise Monday! Hopefully, he'll have something to brag about on the bus!

Congrats- I saw 2 does on tues. morning and one on Wed. morning. Geuss who one of the unlucky guys who didn't get a doe permit was.[crying][crying]
Oh well, just waiting for the big buck to come.[smile]

Everyone is seeing deer! I think Monday morning is the day for me, so screw Work! Hopefully they are all sitting tight during this rain, and they'll be hungry and careless tomorrow.

My buddy came up to hunt saturday morning so I gave him my stand and took my climber to another area. Well my camera was showing Does walking by every morning between 7 and 8. Sure as shit at 8:00 he turns around and there is a doe not even 30 yards watching him. He ended up grazing her with 1 arm of an expandable but there was a decent amount of meat on the arrow. We gave her a couple hours then tracked the blood trail for a little over an hour . Unfortunately we couldn't follow it anymore as she ran into this swamp area that has 7 foot weeds with tracks going in every which direction. Did a couple passes with the 4 wheeler but came up dry. Sucky situation all around.

Back
Top Bottom